New government health insurance for foreigners available at Banglamung Hospital

Sheryl

Up here in Chiang Mai,it lasted about 2 months, and has

now been canceled,at least for Farangs, Burmese,Cambos

workers are still covered, promises of having 2K of the payment

returned,not holding my breath !

regards Worgeordie

• Like 1

I haven't seen a single success case posted in this thread. Has ANYBODY gotten the card? If so, tell us about it.

I have several friends in Phitsanulok that were able to get the card, but all were assisted by one of their wives who happens to be a nurse at the local hospital.

Is anybody having success getting the card by themselves?

I haven't applied as my wife is a school teacher and I already get free medical care as her husband. But I have a lot of friends asking about it.

I got the card 3 months ago. North of Thailand. I am 70 years old, retirement visa, and I am using it. Just 30THB total, consultation + medication, like any Thai citizen. Just go a local government hospital, ask for the card application, bring your passport and prove of residence, 800THB for a complete blood and urine test, and chest x-rays, and pictures, plus the 2000THB for the annual fee. No questions asked. Back in 4 days to receive the card. That's all, and done in less than one hour. Please, be nice and smile a lot. You are a guest. Yes, do not cancel your private insurance if you have it. This is Thailand, everything may change in the future. But...we live in the present, don't we? Keep positive, things even may change for better.

• Like 1

Acceptance depending on Hospital, Province and mood of the day of Hospital-Administrators. Chaos reigns!

If acceptance is hard to get, how about honoring the scheme if something grave should happen? = Again, depending on Hospital, Province and the mood of the day of Hospital-Administrators !!??!!

Good luck & cheers.

• 9 months later...

has anyone used Soi Berkow hospital yet ,how good are they?

Very good indeed. Brit friend of mine went there to die of AIDS after years of not using condoms. Cost a pittance, stayed in a common ward for a week meeting charming Thais for a most successful demise. No hassles about his lengthy overstay, and he exited Thailand peacefully without bothering with tiresome Immigration officials and paying them one satang.

Bonus is that Wat Sawangfa is quite nearby with full service cremation facilities and chanting monks, and a body can be just loaded onto a baht bus for the delivery there, as it's on the route. All the old favorite bar girls can easily find it and attend the ceremony. So he did take advantage of that added convenience as well.

Highly recommended.

Edited by BigStar
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...

I got a card last year end of March at Surin Hospital. A card is always valid for one year. I'm diabetic so I have to go every 3 months to the diabetic center of my provincial hospital (not Surin city) for check up and get medicine. I always only paid 30 Baht. When I went this year before the end of March to renew the card we were told that the Military Government gives the card now only to citizens of Laos, Cambodia and Myanmar. That's it.

During that one year I was treated like any other Thai. Hope we get this card again available sooner than later as I'm already 69.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...