checking blood while on coumadin (blood thinner)

watgate

I was just diagnosed with another blood clot and am due to depart for chiang mai in approximately 2 1/2 weeks where I will be residing for 4 months. Since I will only have been on Coumadin for a short while, I am going to have to have my blood levels checked periodically while I am in Chiang Mai. Does anyone know if Sriphat Medical Center performs this service, and if so, what floor it is done on? Also, does anyone know what the cost is to have this blood test done? Thank you for any information. I really want to come to Chiang Mai again this winter and don't want to have this checking my Coumadin level prevent me from coming this winter.

• Like 1

Easy to do here. Don't know about Sripat costs but Ram, walk into the lab, do not see a doctor and the test costs about 300 Baht which is probably high(est) in town. If you are out of range, it would probably cost less than 500 Baht to see a doctor for the recommended dose adjustment. The drug is available without prescription in drug stores.

Dont let this stop you coming - many places to get an accurate blood test at low cost.

Enjoy your life, and good luck with your health. Although it is traditional for people on TV to moan, I guess we all really like life in Chiang Mai or we would move on, right?

Go for it!

If I go to a lab to have my blood checked and find it is out of the prescribed range, what type doctor would I see, a hematologist or a regular doctor, to correct my doseage? This is all new to me and I am trying to be prepared for any eventuality when I arrive in Chiang Mai. Thanks for any info.

If I go to a lab to have my blood checked and find it is out of the prescribed range, what type doctor would I see, a hematologist or a regular doctor, to correct my doseage? This is all new to me and I am trying to be prepared for any eventuality when I arrive in Chiang Mai. Thanks for any info.

Hopefully you will get more useful replies from a TV member with direct experience but I would go to Rajavej Private Hospital by the Hoilday Inn as I live close by and have found them very good generally, but not specifically for your question. I dont think they would find adjusting your medication challenging though.

Hopefully you will get more useful replies from a TV member with direct experience but I would go to Rajavej Private Hospital by the Hoilday Inn as I live close by and have found them very good generally, but not specifically for your question. I dont think they would find adjusting your medication challenging though. And they are not expensive!