Full English breakfast, Cha am

jonnyscot

Decided to bump this one again,, any new recommendations,, went to neeshies last night with the family first time there other than for brekkie and it was ok, met the owner who was a decent bloke, apologising for the delay since it was quite busy, although we didn't mind, any updates on Jurassic park for brekkie and directions to it from the beach

Cheers

yes i agree we are very limited with western food here and unfortunately i dont like thai food.

for BF: neeshes my absolute nr 1

lunch: we had weelay( german restaurant) but now moved near santorini park- great value great quality

dinner: aroy is ok after they got their old chef back he will just get next week his last training " in how to make potato mash"...

also bella pizza is quiet nice for a change

and beside tara mantra is a indian place with nice butter chicken with garlic naan bread( little expensive)

the new place somebody mentioned in soy bus station has a good quality but the portions are quiet small compared to the price and i am not a big eater.

anyway i just refer to affordable places even there are great hotels around with reasonable food.for example hotel de la paix has a hughe BF buffet for around 500 baht and also the pricesfor lunch and dinner are still value even it is not the choice for daily use.

otherwise the noodle soup around soi chokbunmee 1 is to die for...

Has Weelay restaurant moved then? You're talking about the German place located at the top of Soi Bus Station. Very good food in the there and very reasonably priced. Where have they relocated too?

they are now located just before the department of transportation(where you get your DL)

In the Soi Bus Stop area ---I find the Aroy is good for Dinner--they don't really do a full English Breakfast---both Cha Am Pub and Neesheys do an excellent one--seeing that when I am there I stay in Soi Bus stop --Cha Am Pub suits me fine--Aussie Darren is a friendly guy to have a chat to--so is the Aussie ?? at Neesheys

Re-- where is Neesheys-- The beach end of Narathip Road

From the traffic lights @ the main road to Bangkok--head towards the beach -a couple of k's down and its on the right just before the beach road--OR--if you are on the beach road --go find the place in the photo--cant miss it --cross the road and walk straight up for 1 minute and it's on the left

post-392-0-41597500-1414702289_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bucko

Yes, good landmark, I'll add that if I'm correct I think there's a police box right beside that landmark at the beach side with a what appears to be a closed down SCB bank across the road on the corner of the soi you turn up where neeshies is,, then maybe 50 Mtrs on the left you'll find neeshies

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I haven't yet tried the pies at Aroy, but wondering if " the baguette" supplies them,,,, the last few times I've been down to cha am I return home to Suphan with 20 or 30 meat pies from the baguette for my freezer,,, very nice pies

quote name="Badrabbit" Pie chips and peas at Aroy the best we have ever had in Thailand along with a big Gin and tonic!

• 2 weeks later...

Aroy is OK but if you are not a regular they make you wait , people came in after me and got served before me , too klicky.

If cheap sweet beans, hotdog sausauge and streaky bacon are an idea of a good English breakfast then yes Aroy is OK......in reality its equivalent of a 3* hotel buffet breakfast. Cha am is crying out for someone to provide a serious EB at a reasonable cost...guess in Pattaya we are spoilt.