Where to buy rocks?

luther

At the back of Kamtieng market there is a business that sells stones, but can anyone direct me to another place? I'm looking for more variety, higher quality rock for decorative wall and walkway construction...bags of rocks for garden paths, cut slate, etc. Thanks

How about big rocks? I mean like a meter or two by half a meter or so. Or even bigger. Like the ones boulder type one sees naturally down south. Anywhere to buy?

On the outer road from Mae Jo to Mae Rim they sell boulders. Can't miss them.

Thanks

I'll check them out.

Any idea rough price?

How about big rocks? I mean like a meter or two by half a meter or so. Or even bigger. Like the ones boulder type one sees naturally down south. Anywhere to buy?

On the outer road from Mae Jo to Mae Rim they sell boulders. Can't miss them.

Thanks

I'll check them out.

Any idea rough price?

Not at all. Never priced them. To be clear, the middle road; i.e. not the farthest road out from Mae Jo but the one before it. Home Mall is on the road I am talking about, close to the intersection of the Mae Jo Road. Boulders are a couple of km? down towards the direction of Mae Rim on the right.

• 4 months later...

I was told once it's illegal to sell or transport large rocks, e.g. from rivers. Dunno if that's actually true, but it might explain why they are hard to find. Of course "illegal" is a relative term in Thailand anyway.

Are you looking for fist size pebbles or the likes of washed pea gravel .

There are varying sizes at aggregate suppliers, that is generally used for concrete mixes or pipe bedding.

The white sharp stones in the bags at kamthieng are ok for a while, then they go black at the first hint of rain or water. Then you will find yourself washing them in bleach every month.

but try the aggregate suppliers, many along the radials out from the moat, just keep your eyes open.

There an area near us that has many suppliers selling mostly trees but at least one has a large pile of the stones you might be seeking 1 or 2 meters in size. Go out 1317 past Mae On then past the road leading to the San Kampaeng Hot Springs. About 4 kilometers past that road you'll go up a large hill as you go down the hill on both sides will be tree lot after tree lot on the left at least one has large boulders.