Visit from the police. What was that all about?

billd766

Living and lived in Thailand for more the 25 years the first thing that came to my mind was.....OOOOOPS.

No police, stake out your house.

Police checking on foreigners is not done.....Immigration job, in uniform!

secondly.....ID and in uniform.....always!

note

I note plates!!

(just in case)

The nearest police station is 6 km down the road. The nearest Immigration police 125 km down in Nakhon Sawan.

The police in or out of uniform can check on anybody, Thai, farang, Burmese, Lao, Kampuchea if they wish to.

I had no problem, no fears but just a mild curiousity for why is all.

It seems from the postd so far that it ISN'T only me and it isn't only Khampaeng Phet province.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had something similar happen yesterday at my place. Onr officer drove up in his Toyota pickup came to the gate ask if he could talk to my wife. I called the wife at work .He ask her my name ,age and what country I was from and if I planned on staying in Thailand or would be going back to my home country soon. After he was finished with the wife he ask for my phone number and left. I just thought he was checking for deadbeat farangs so amnot concerned.

had the same thing happen to me last month too and I am 15 minutes from Lomsak. it was no big deal.

Unannounced home inspections, frequent required reporting to immigration offices, photographing of personal possessions,...maybe next you'll be asked to wear a yellow Farang Star.

jewish-couple.jpg

Bad taste my friend!

I did not know what to answer!

Yes bad taste is a good one...

+with this photo very bad taste, but only one hour old...maybe lunch time for the mods?