F@#$ splash jungle , never again !

N47HAN

So just arrived at the counter ,

Adult 1, 295 thb

Child 6,50thb

Of course prices for falang. Myself , the wife , mother in law and two kids.

Thai price 699 for adult 350 for kids. I still think this is bloody expensive but going for the kids so ok.

Mrs gives them my work permit and the person at the counter after talking for quite some time agreed i could pay Thai price but I had to give them a photocopy of my workpermit ????? <deleted> ????

You just take a copy if you need one , reply , no you need to go and get a copy yourself !!!! Theres a little shop on the main road that will do it for you !

About 10 minte walk from here.

And this policy by Centara that is part of the minor group OWNED by a falang !

Never again.

Rant over.

Fair enough, I understand your gripe.

Just a suggestion, I always have 2 copies of my passport and Thai DL in my wallet for just such occasions as this. The number of times I"ve been saved the grief by having them for such things as renting, changing ownership on a bike/car, all sorts of stuff, makes it worth the hassle.

I even carry a copy of my re-entry permit and visa as I was recently asked for this.

Edited by Gsxrnz

We didnt go in nkm,

Have been many times , but certainly not today.

Just arrived at the municple swimming pool at cherntalay .

Theres a couple of water slides for the kids and a decent pool to swim.

40thb for the kids and family and 60thb for the white guy

First time I have ever sent an email to any company about a gripe, but the womans attitude and complete lack of care was astonishing , she really didnt give a toss either way .

I know theres no point , but on the off chance I do happen to get a responce ill post it back here .

Btw the the pool area is ok at cherntalay for the little ones, theyve having fun , which is what this afternoon was for . :-)

• Like 1

Directly opposite plaza del mar. Just turn left @ bake on the corner if your heading to Laguna.

Actually not too bad for a municiple pool area.

A couple of reasonable water slides for the kids.

A little pool for the toddlers.

And two large pools if you wish to do a few lengths yourself

Fair enough, I understand your gripe.

Just a suggestion, I always have 2 copies of my passport and Thai DL in my wallet for just such occasions as this. The number of times I"ve been saved the grief by having them for such things as renting, changing ownership on a bike/car, all sorts of stuff, makes it worth the hassle.

I even carry a copy of my re-entry permit and visa as I was recently asked for this.

I don't feel like I want to carry around a briefcase full of documents with me everywhere I go, especially to a water park! That said, it won't be an issue for me as I never go to places with double pricing.

That said, my daughter went there with a school group and had rave reviews.

Edited by phuketsub

We didnt go in nkm,

Have been many times , but certainly not today.

Just arrived at the municple swimming pool at cherntalay .

Theres a couple of water slides for the kids and a decent pool to swim.

40thb for the kids and family and 60thb for the white guy

I would have thought going to all the trouble to get there, you would have got the photocopy and went in, considering the shop was nearby.

Anyway, I do understand your consumer protest.

I suppose the owner wouldn't be too happy with his staff turning away a few thousand baht, but, that's Phuket, and you are a farang.

Out of curiosity, how did you explain it all to your kids.

A 10 minute walk to take a photo copy of my work permit even though they had one right there in the office . Please.

The kids enjoyed themselves at cherntalay ;)

Centara not owned by the Minor Group ?

Seems the management agreed with me ,

In fairness to them they have given 5 free entry tickets and a decent apolagy.

They say they are revising the expat policy to the park

A 10 minute walk to take a photo copy of my work permit even though they had one right there in the office . Please.

The kids enjoyed themselves at cherntalay wink.png

Centara is family owned - cant spell the name :) Chirativat, or similar

5 free tickets not a bad apology, but I do understand your point about the surly staff - that really gets me going also

Now that's fair, so they have admitted they should have handled this differently.

Every other time ive been my workpermit has been fine. The same as dl. However the surly staff on this occasion refused .

A point of note you can obtain a dl on a tourist visa you cannot get a wp . So i would of thought a wp should carry more weight as evidence as resident.

I think 5 free tickets is a good result.

Every other time ive been my workpermit has been fine. The same as dl. However the surly staff on this occasion refused .

A point of note you can obtain a dl on a tourist visa you cannot get a wp . So i would of thought a wp should carry more weight as evidence as resident.

Did you ask to speak to the manager, at the time? Maybe he/she could have handled it appropriately at the time.

Edited by NamKangMan

Well done to you peter.

I have been many many times and never required a copy of either my wp or dl.

Mods . Please close the thread.

Splash Jungle management have been very curteous and proffesional in their responce to my complaint

Well done to you peter.

I have been many many times and never required a copy of either my wp or dl.

Mods . Please close the thread.

Splash Jungle management have been very curteous and proffesional in their responce to my complaint

Before closing the thread, pehaps we can hear from another member who been, since this thread started, and the policy Splash Jungle is now implementing, after the OP's complaint to management.