Thai Mentality

NoshowJones

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To avoid the bus-stop problem, buy a car and start driving here, and you will experience some real Thai mentality!!coffee1.gif

On Thai Mentality;

PRO - they have never been under the thumb of a western power, so have never learned Western values.

CON - they have never been under the thumb of a western power, so have never learned Western values.

Only an idiot would drive here.

Buses are cheap, Song Tao (Baht Bus) are cheap and there are stil motorized Samlors (took Took) and Bicycle Samlors, which are a little more expensive that Baht Buses.

Why were they called 'Baht Bus',..??? Because a Baht would take you 10 Kilometers (or more) in any direction.

Instead of criticising the locals, if you don't like advertisements at bus stops you could always do what most of us would probably agree is best for those foreigners in our own countries who criticise us and GO HOME.

I don't mind adverts, did you not read the post properly? I was complaining about the board obstructing the view of the buses. Maybe you are the one who should go home and get better educated, so you can understand what people are writing about.
And if you were better educated perhaps you would have understood some light-hearted leg-pulling about the real reason for your initial complaint! Of course I know you were complaining about having to get wet in order to see when a bus was coming. Of course I know that you're so sensitive to rain you were feeling suicidal at the possibility. Of course I know that your home country never experiences rain so you're not used to its highly damaging effects. (Just in case you hadn't spotted it, that was more sarcasm!)

My point was that you entitled the thread "Thai Mentality" and made a clear inference that you considered it inferior because you didn't agree with something they had done. How would you feel if a visitor to your home country criticised you and all your fellow nationals on the basis of a minor error of judgement by one person? You'd no doubt tell them to go home!

I'm not Thai, merely a regular visitor to their delightful country. I've learnt to respect and enjoy their culture and their differences. If I didn't like it I wouldn't go there. The Thais are my hosts when I'm in Thailand and I consider it an honour to be there. I certainly would never denigrate their nature for any act that may cause me a little inconvenience.

• Like 1

Instead of criticising the locals, if you don't like advertisements at bus stops you could always do what most of us would probably agree is best for those foreigners in our own countries who criticise us and GO HOME.

I don't mind adverts, did you not read the post properly? I was complaining about the board obstructing the view of the buses. Maybe you are the one who should go home and get better educated, so you can understand what people are writing about.
And if you were better educated perhaps you would have understood some light-hearted leg-pulling about the real reason for your initial complaint! Of course I know you were complaining about having to get wet in order to see when a bus was coming. Of course I know that you're so sensitive to rain you were feeling suicidal at the possibility. Of course I know that your home country never experiences rain so you're not used to its highly damaging effects. (Just in case you hadn't spotted it, that was more sarcasm!)

My point was that you entitled the thread "Thai Mentality" and made a clear inference that you considered it inferior because you didn't agree with something they had done. How would you feel if a visitor to your home country criticised you and all your fellow nationals on the basis of a minor error of judgement by one person? You'd no doubt tell them to go home!

I'm not Thai, merely a regular visitor to their delightful country. I've learnt to respect and enjoy their culture and their differences. If I didn't like it I wouldn't go there. The Thais are my hosts when I'm in Thailand and I consider it an honour to be there. I certainly would never denigrate their nature for any act that may cause me a little inconvenience.

When a person tells me to go home, then I do not wish to debate any further with them so Byebye.

When a person tells me to go home, then I do not wish to debate any further with them so Byebye.

I wasn't TELLING you to go home, merely suggesting that you have the option of doing so instead of criticising your hosts. You are, of course, free to stay in Thailand and enjoy all that it has to offer. Your time will be so much better if you can stop complaining about petty things.
  • Like 1