Thai Mentality

NoshowJones

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

use a bleeding umbrella

When I left my hotel it was dry, and the sun was shining. Do you not think there are enough Thais with umbrellas, especially on sunny days?

That's a real bugger in the Rainy season.

When I take the Umbrella ... it never rains,

and when I fail to take it, inevitably ... it rains.

Wasn't Murphy an Irish?

• Like 1

"Ploenchit Centre at Sukhumvit Road" ... I would have taken the BTS

I used to, but I got fed up queuing twice for a ticket. especially since the ticket machines were adjusted.

Mate, if get into Bangkok a couple times a year, get one of those standard Rabbit Cards ... they last for 5 years (I think) and no queuing for train tickets.

I used to, but I got fed up queuing twice for a ticket. especially since the ticket machines were adjusted.

Mate, if get into Bangkok a couple times a year, get one of those standard Rabbit Cards ... they last for 5 years (I think) and no queuing for train tickets.

No David, I got one a year ago and it was just one big con. The MRT is good, but it does not always go where I want, ie MBK or Siam.

Another thread starting with: " I don't want this to turn into Thai-bashing, but I think, they (the Thais) are idiots"coffee1.gif

Read my next topic, it will be out shortly, and I don't think any TV member will agree with me, oh wait, there's Berkshire.

Seriously!!! A post about frigging bus stops...?

The week can only get better from here....

Funny, HD, but I was just reading one of your comments on another thread. So tell me, would you consider the OP's bashing a "well constructed argument?"

Mr Berkshire, my next topic should suit you, and I am not taking the mickey, it is serious.

Seriously!!! A post about frigging bus stops...?

The week can only get better from here....

Funny, HD, but I was just reading one of your comments on another thread. So tell me, would you consider the OP's bashing a "well constructed argument?"

Mr Berkshire, my next topic should suit you, and I am not taking the mickey, it is serious.

Mr. Possum, I look forward to your next topic. I am ready to be impressed.

It is called lack of co-ordination between government departments. Commonly seen throughout the world. More well known as one hand not knowing what the other hand is doing.

Manifests itself differently in different parts of the developing world. In Thailand, visual polution is one of the main side effects.

My Thai personal favourite is that bridge planning and construction appears to be done in isolation to road planning and construction, which explains the sharp drop off's and rises when driving over canals and rivers in this country.

Rain..., BKK bus stops...., ad booths....., poor location. My, we have so many who simply need something to complain about on TV. Seems a bit amplified in the perception of "something's wrong here".

Next time you have a choice; Open the umbrella (if you have one with) and step out into the tropical precipitate deluge then break into a rendition of Gene Kelly's "Singin in the Rain". This with the proviso you aren't related to the famed Wicked Witch of the West from The Wizard of Oz and find yourself melting whilst awaiting the public transport.

wai2.gifwai2.gifwai2.giftongue.pngtongue.pngtongue.png

I am not looking for excuses to start Thai bashing............................................................

HA HA !!!! Since when did a chronic Thai basher have to make excuses to run Thailand and it's people down ? It's expected of you, and if whining about signs in bloody bus shelters is not "looking for excuses to start Thai bashing" then I don't know what is. Keep up the good work, you will get your own Thai bashing forum one day, you obviously have the numbers. clap2.gif

On the more interesting topic of keeping your hair dry, my missus and I were driving back from Hang Dong one day in the rain and this lady was walking up the street with a shower cap on. Luckily she was clothed and not covered in soap suds. biggrin.png

• Like 1

Rain..., BKK bus stops...., ad booths....., poor location. My, we have so many who simply need something to complain about on TV. Seems a bit amplified in the perception of "something's wrong here".

Next time you have a choice; Open the umbrella (if you have one with) and step out into the tropical precipitate deluge then break into a rendition of Gene Kelly's "Singin in the Rain". This with the proviso you aren't related to the famed Wicked Witch of the West from The Wizard of Oz and find yourself melting whilst awaiting the public transport.

wai2.gifwai2.gifwai2.giftongue.pngtongue.pngtongue.png

Who's Gene Kelly? Don't you mean Gene Pitney " I must be seeing things" or trying to see things like buses. "Singing in the rain", Don't you mean "Crying in the rain" The Everly Brothers. I think you had better join HeavyDrinker in some beer bar.

Bus shelter!! Rain?! Luxury!! We used to have to stand in thigh-deep sewage waiting for the bus, covering our poor little heads with old fish & chips paper. And the bus only came once every seven weeks on Buddha days!

Sorry, still laughing about that "1948 Show" sketch in the other thread.

It seems to me this is saying more about a difference in mentality between westerners and Thias, in that westerners are bothered when things are not right and feel the need to complain, whereas Thais will not think twice about it and not let it spoil their day

• Like 1

It seems to me this is saying more about a difference in mentality between westerners and Thias, in that westerners are bothered when things are not right and feel the need to complain, whereas Thais will not think twice about it and not let it spoil their day

Thais not thinking once is the real problem in this country.

Edited by sms747
  • Like 1

Instead of criticising the locals, if you don't like advertisements at bus stops you could always do what most of us would probably agree is best for those foreigners in our own countries who criticise us and GO HOME.

I don't mind adverts, did you not read the post properly? I was complaining about the board obstructing the view of the buses. Maybe you are the one who should go home and get better educated, so you can understand what people are writing about.

umbrella?

No, No, No....

Go to 7-11.

Get plastic bag.

Put it on your head!

Now, that's Thai mentality!

In Thailand, umbrellas are for sun protection, not for rain!!

OK solly.....

But that might has reason, I guess umbrella doesn't help if the rain comes almost horizontal due to the wind.

On the other hand, What is the point to keep the head dry if the rest is wet.

About 60% of body heat is lost through the head, not an issue in Thailand but more like for the cold western countries up North.

Apparently just another Myth!

http://www.theguardian.com/science/2008/dec/17/medicalresearch-humanbehaviour

To avoid the bus-stop problem, buy a car and start driving here, and you will experience some real Thai mentality!!coffee1.gif

Possums first mistake was going to Pattaya and Bangkok.

Even with a car there is the excitement of hearing my wife say, ''Stop at that big sign in blue and white'' I would love to ablige but cant see the tree for the forest and cant see the sign for the million others.

• Like 1