double entry tourist visa refused at Vientiane- Red Stamp

WEnt to the Vientiane Thai Consulate on 17October.

I applied for a double entry tourist visa, and was told at the first window that I can only get a single entry visa.

Yhey asked if I had a bank book on me, which I did not.

The guy in front had the same problem, though he spends 6months every year working in europe.

So I come back next day to pickup the passport,

There is a red stamp on the Visa pagewhich says "travels to thailand on tourit visa many times and may get refused in the future"

Also given a printout saying- As so many people come to thailand on tourist visa and look for work illegally, so thai embassy may ask for supporting documents,financial status, travel plans etc

So what does the red stamp mean to me? do i have to stay out of thailand for 6 months, or show a lot of money in my bank book, or just avoid vientiane for a year?

Clearly there are a number of back to back tourist visas in your passport.

The Consulate staff have doubts that you are a "tourist".

The staff gave you opportunity to demonstrate adequate finances which would support a claim of being a tourist. This you could not do.

The staff have therefore issued a warning to the effect that if you return you may not be given a visa.

Being able to demonstrate adequate funds derived from outside the Kingdom may help your case in future.

This is not the first time somebody has gotten this stamp.

You will need to go to a different Location for your next visa.

I have been suggesting to people they should attach a copy of a Thai bank book that show money coming in form outside the country

I am going for my visa this week in Vientiane I am curious what a bank book is?

Also, I am trying to apply for my first double entry tourist visa I noticed that they ask for an Air ticket with 2 entries, does anyone know if this is enforced as it seems a bit odd to have to buy a plane ticket if I don't even know if I will obtain a visa?

Finishing my post after accidental post touch.

Show money coming in from outside the country and attach to application.

Perhaps you should try Bali for a 3 entry visa with 6 months validity with one ticket out of the country needed at any time during the 6 months.

Also, I am trying to apply for my first double entry tourist visa I noticed that they ask for an Air ticket with 2 entries, does anyone know if this is enforced as it seems a bit odd to have to buy a plane ticket if I don't even know if I will obtain a visa?

If it is your first visa from them it will not be problem. They don't ask for tickets out of the country.

A bank book is from a Thai bank. They do not do statements for savings accounts you have a book they print all the transactions on.

If it is your first visa from them it will not be problem. They don't ask for tickets out of the country.

A bank book is from a Thai bank. They do not do statements for savings accounts you have a book they print all the transactions on.

I should have reworded and said my first Tourist Visa, I am coming from a Non-Imm B Visa from work meetings/consults here in Thailand and would like to stay as a tourist and vacation as I am finished with work meetings.

I do not have a Bank Book from Thailand but I did print out the first page of my US bank statement that shows the amount of funds I have in my account but do they need to see the transactions that I've made?

Sorry don't mean to hijack your forum OP!

So is the red stamp only applicable to vientiane consulate?

Next time I should take a bankbook showing transfers from overseas?

You dont think I need to leave thailand for a long period?

An Education visa sounds like a good idea. Any recommendations?

It is only for Vientiane. Others have gotten the stamp and then went to another location and got a visa.

No need to leave the country for an extended period of time.

Copy of a bank book attached to application would be a good idea.

Suggestion on ED would depend upon where you are living. Walen a sponsor of this forum would be a good choice for a school.

It is only for Vientiane. Others have gotten the stamp and then went to another location and got a visa.

No need to leave the country for an extended period of time.

Copy of a bank book attached to application would be a good idea.

Suggestion on ED would depend upon where you are living. Walen a sponsor of this forum would be a good choice for a school.

Seem to recall that Penang, at least at one time, were enthusiastic users of "the red stamp" even to the extent of refusing new TVs if a previous one had been extended.

What you would get is a single entry ED visa first and then an extension of stay. Then you could get a re-entry permit to keep your extension valid if you want to make a trip.

There are a lot of over fifties who are doing it already.

I have been suggesting to people they should attach a copy of a Thai bank book that show money coming in form outside the country

Hi, I'm suspicious that I might not meet the Bank Book requirements mentioned here in these posts . I have a Thai Bank Book. I have been bringing money over from the USA, 2x for a total of 10k and deposited it in my Thai bank account here in case of emergency's or if need be to season it in case I decide to retire here in the distant future . I transfer money to live on every month from my USA bank to BKK of New York then they transfer that to my girlfriends Bkk account in Thailand.By doing it this way I save on exchange and transfer fee's . Your comments please

Finger error caused incomplete post.

You could open a Bangkok Bank account yourself and do the same thing. You GF could probably even be your guarantor if needed to open it.

Edited by ubonjoe

On the 15th of October I was refused a double entry TV. in Vientiane I have had only one in my passport from them while waiting employer documents, that never came for Non B. In the process of applying for retirement visa in the next 2 months, they gave me a single and a warning, no more tourist visas here, the single was fine for my purpose. Just double checked my passport, no red stamp.

The American guy in front of me got a second double TV no problem.

Showing her bank book and yours would probably be ok. You could open a Bangkok bank yourself and do the same thing.

I can't open a account at BKK Bank I tried to open a BKK bank savings account and they denied me in Sakon Nakhon.They said I had to get a guarantor equivalent to a official or government employee. My Gf tried to but her job isn't good enough to guaranty me . I tried two other branches, same results.

Showing her bank book and yours would probably be ok. You could open a Bangkok bank yourself and do the same thing.

I can't open a account at BKK Bank I tried to open a BKK bank savings account and they denied me in Sakon Nakhon.They said I had to get a guarantor equivalent to a official or government employee. My Gf tried to but her job isn't good enough to guaranty me . I tried two other branches, same results.

Sounds as if you were dealing with junior employees. Try again and ask to speak to the manager.

Also , don't be offended by this, make sure you and the g/f are smartly presented.

The Aiticket is NOT and from MY experience NEVER enforced. A bank BOOK is old fashionned in the west from about a zillion years ago. A statement of your account showing income from an external EMPLOYER and a LETTER confirming Salary and job is ESSENTIAL for most visa applications.

If this is YOUR first you should be OK without any of the above depending on how many Visas to thailand you have. If many GET THE DETAILS be prepared. Always BE PREAPRED for the worst case and anything better is a GOOD outcome.

• Like 1

I can't open a account at BKK Bank I tried to open a BKK bank savings account  and they denied  me in Sakon Nakhon.They said I had to get a  guarantor equivalent to a official or government employee. My Gf tried to but her job isn't good enough to guaranty me . I tried two other branches, same results. 
That is not what Bangkok Bank's website says.

Select documents required here: http://www.bangkokbank.com/BangkokBank/PersonalBanking/SpecialServices/ForeignCustomers/Pages/Openinganaccountnew.aspx

I would think that showing a Thai bank book could be detrimental. A tourist usually shouldn't need one of those.

I would think that showing a Thai bank book could be detrimental. A tourist usually shouldn't need one of those.

A tourist does not usually require multiple back to back visas !

From the OP:

Also given a printout saying- As so many people come to thailand on tourist visa and look for work illegally, so thai embassy may ask for supporting documents,financial status, travel plans etc

Is this the printout you were given?

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/uKGsCwqzFz8tqaHoh1fHLm5XDJvNawOxbinS9SeY53E?feat=directlink

If it is not, I should be grateful if you scanned or photographed the printout you got and posted it in this topic, for the information of the members (and for my reference album)

• Like 1

Look at the 3rd line of the OP. The consular officer asked for a bank book.

It is not that uncommon for long stay tourists to open a bank account to have funds transferred in other than more expensive options such as Western Union or even ATM cards which can also be quite high.

The UN definition for a tourist states that a tourist can stay for a year in a country without loosing that classification.

To the consular section staff a bank book would the most familiar means of showing you have funds. You could show stacks of ATM slips and etc but a bank book would be the best.

Sounds as if you were dealing with junior employees. Try again and ask to speak to the manager.

Also , don't be offended by this, make sure you and the g/f are smartly presented.

I tried the MGR's at both branches in Sakon Nakhon they suggested I travel to Bangkok to open a account.