Thaksin's son Panthongtae slams Democrats in Facebook posting

webfact

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

"After a new panel was set up recently to fight against anti-monarchy on the Internet and headed by mercurial Deputy Prime Minister Chalerm Yubamrung including the procurement of Bt400-million lawful interception (LI) system, now the government has the licence to prey on all forms of voice communications, e-mails, SMS massages and chat rooms."

I just punched that paragraph into Google and guess what? An article in The Nation.cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

This paper is BS.

You guys have really slurped up the purple kool-aid.

You don't have much to say, you really haven't read much so you check some headlines, sit around the water cooler (Thai Visa) and quote nonsense. Makes you feel smart but really, you look very dumb.

Your gonna really feel silly when you get read up a bit.

You're a real smart one. The link I gave you was to the Nation's article in Thai Visa. Of course if you google that, it will link to the Nation.

Of course, just because the Nation reports on it, doesn't mean that it's some conspiracy. You just need to learn our to do some research.

Not the brightest Shinawat in the box is he? But then we knew that already.

Of course all politicians are concerned they will lose any political 'game'......... that's the essence of politics after all. whistling.gif

Could you imagine any grown up country giving 2 hoots what the son of someone has to say about something like this?

Shall we interview Tony Blair's son on tax policy in the UK, or bush's daughters on where they think the fed maybe going wrong with qe ?

Grow up Thailand and stop this dynastic political style on all sides of the spectrum.

Could you imagine a forum where the grown ups populating it would make a facebook comment by the son of someone the most commented news topic of the day?

2013 Reporters Without Borders.

But Thailand remained deep in the world rankings of media freedom, in 135th place of 179 countries ranked, and behind the likes of Afghanistan, Bhutan, East Timor and even Libya.

2013? Aren't the PTP government still in control of Thailand?

Thanks for confirming what we've been saying all along about the PTP being a repressive and corrupt government. They love to talk a lot of crap about freedom and this and that but they sure love controlling what the press writes.

• Like 1

I was a supporter of the yellow shirt people until I read the stuff they won't let you see or even mention in public.

A virtual death sentence if they catch you.

For example, the Wikileaks revelations from the US Ambassador to the US State Department. 3,000 messages.

Certainly the biggest story of the year and I didn't see it mentioned in the Thai press.

What did 'The Nation' have to say about that?

A reporter that worked with Reuters for 17 years, quit and left the country to publish the Wikileaks story.

I just checked and see the internet police are blocking it. Dig around the internet a bit and find a copy.

You do realise that the current government spent 400 million baht in their first months in office on blocking just such information don't you?

I doubt he does, he's got his head so far buried up DLs ass hat he couldn't, hear, smell or see jack shit.

• Like 1

I was a supporter of the yellow shirt people until I read the stuff they won't let you see or even mention in public.

For example, the Wikileaks revelations from the US Ambassador to the US State Department. 3,000 messages.

Certainly the biggest story of the year and I didn't see it mentioned in the Thai press.

A reporter that worked with Reuters for 17 years, quit and left the country to publish the Wikileaks story.

I just checked and see the internet police are blocking it. Dig around the internet a bit and find a copy.

You do realise that the current government spent 400 million baht in their first months in office on blocking just such information don't you?

Indeed the limitations put on press freedom by this administration duplicate the unprecedented levels of corruption that also describes this administration.

Yingluck administration = The Hub of Unprecedented Levels.

But Thailand remained deep in the world rankings of media freedom, in 135th place of 179 countries ranked, and behind the likes of Afghanistan, Bhutan, East Timor and even Libya.

Yes, as i was saying, unprecendented levels for Yingluck and her unprecendented levels of curtailment of freedom coupled with unprecendented levels of corruption.

Something her and her apologists can be proud of.

:sick:

Indeed the limitations put on press freedom by this administration duplicate the unprecedented levels of corruption that also describes this administration.

Yingluck administration = The Hub of Unprecedented Levels.

The voters can decide next election if she stays or goes.

Things are booming upcountry. The PTP party aint gong anywhere until the Army or court throws them out. And they will.

I thought things were flooding and washing down the rivers upcountry?

Anyway, the topic is our dear Oaf being a chippy of the old Thaksin Oak and complaining others are mean to his daddy. Obvious prime material to make a classy politician himself.

• Like 1

Meanwhile, in the good old days.

http://www.nieman.harvard.edu/reports/article/101381/Thai-Journalists-Fight-an-Unexpected-Revival-of-Press-Restrictions.aspx

• Like 2