Bike Security - need some stuff, anyone know a shop?

thelongshoot

Hello, title says it all I guess.... Im after a couple of bits for my bike, namely a disk break alarm - the type that screems 120 decibels if the wheel is moved, and also a top quality chain, lock and anchor set. I live in Hua Hin, but happy to drive up to Bangkok if anyone knows a shop that may sell stuff like this?

I did find loads of stuff on ebay but it was always a case of 'seller does not ship to Thailand' :(

While I am at it, im also after a real good quality rain cover?

Many thanks!

TLS

As others have said panda rider for the alarm.

I bought a good quality rain cover 89$ on ebay much bigger as the standard ones with some protection against a hot tail pip so they are available on ebay and some will ship to Thailand. Just look for Dowco Guardian Weatherall Waterproof Motorcycle fom moto.sports (they do ship)

Panda Rider has some stuff as well- I bought my disc alarm from them.

How do do find your disc alarm mines a XENA and I have found it seems to act strange and activate if the bike is not over solid ground, so can't use it unless I take the battery out.

It depends how you put it on the brake disc- some angles are more prone to false alarms- also, it's pretty sensitive, and if your bike isn't on solid ground, passing bikes and cars can set it off. The light sensor is also a typical culprit- here's info from one website that can help if it's going off without an obvious cause:

1. remove internals

2. spray some WD40 on paper

3. polish the base of internals on wetted paper, such that the two light sensitive photomultiplier windows are bright, clear and free of frosting.

4. reassemble.

Mine has been OK, but I've read reports from others similar to yours.

Also, heat on the disc can activate it awkwardly people say.

Or better get a xena model with no alarm. I use the thick xena x2 14 mm with no alarm as alarmed ones have thinner locks.

You can choose to install a real bike alarm on top of thickest xena disc 14 mm or 18 mm lock.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Panda Rider has some stuff as well- I bought my disc alarm from them.

How do do find your disc alarm mines a XENA and I have found it seems to act strange and activate if the bike is not over solid ground, so can't use it unless I take the battery out.

Never had a problem with my XENA lock.. activates fine does take a bit before I hear the beep.

My Xena disk lock was always alarming, removed battery, just use it as a lock.

Bought a GPS tracker off ebay for about 25 pounds, then get a sim card from 7eleven top it up, job done.

Call it then then it hangs up and sends a text with a link on google maps.

• Like 2

My Xena disk lock was always alarming, removed battery, just use it as a lock.

Bought a GPS tracker off ebay for about 25 pounds, then get a sim card from 7eleven top it up, job done.

Call it then then it hangs up and sends a text with a link on google maps.

Hi Colin123,

There are plenty of high priced trackers around, so you piqued my interest when you mentioned your tracker price. Can you give us anymore details on the unit: company / model etc?

Thanks

Garry

edit: typo :(

Edited by Garry
  • Like 1