O'Reilys now Flann O'Brien?

Grawburg

Boy I leave for a year and everything changes....just saw that O'Reilys on Silom is now Flann O'Brien. When did this happen?

It's probably too late, but if the old glass window pane with o'reilys on it is still around I'd love to buy it...or any of the old o'reilys signs. That used to be my watering hole so I have a special,place in my heart for that old bar.

I'd go to the bar and ask them but since I don't live in BKK anymore it makes it tough.

Went by there a few weeks ago and noticed that the place was closed. I thought that they were renovating the place. A few days after that my g/f and I were walking by and noticed that it was open again, so we went in.

They must have been doing an inventory and some cleaning of the place, but it looks the same inside. Not sure about the upstairs though. They have a new owner and a manager. The girls and the bartender are the same but the cook is different.

The only real difference that I noticed is that they shortened the happy hour and that the food is kind of bland. I got the impression that the girls were not too thrilled with the new owner.

Sad to see the O'Reilly name go. Some old signage is still up, but yeah the name has changed.

But it's still pretty much the same. Still smells like cat urine. And they still have the Beatles cover band on Fridays.

Sent from my HTC One V using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• 3 weeks later...

Not much has changed in this pub , just the name So far. I was a regular in the old ORiellys .

Went into flans last week (Monday) I think it was and asked for a pint of Carlsburg they had no stock of it .

Went to go in Friday and seen the sign that was up on the Monday which said happy hour all day Monday to Saturday had been changed to happy hours 4-8 I believe. Then went in this Wednesday again no Carlsburg.

Not getting off to a good start are they, and the Smirnoff vodka that was alway B100 was up to B140, ill hold out judgement for a while .facepalm.gif