Plodprasop: Flooding in East worst in 50 years

webfact

FLOODS
Flooding in East worst in 50 years: Plodprasop

The Nation

30217746-01_big.jpg

BANGKOK: -- Flooding in Phimai district in Nakhon Ratchasima, one of the hardest hit areas, is expected to peak over the next few days.

"At this point, I am most worried about Phimai," Water and Flood Management Commission chairman Plodprasop Suraswadi said yesterday.

Phimai was in a low-lying zone and would take in run-off water from nearby areas, he said.

Plodprasop, who is also a deputy prime minister, said the East was facing its worst floods in 50 years.

Floodwater recently swamped some public areas of the Amata Nakorn Industrial Estate in Chon Buri, a part of the East. While no factories have been inundated, the flooding forced some companies to suspend operations as workers found it hard to get to work.

Plodprasop said that although the flooding situation in the East was like the big flood in 2011 in many ways, collaboration between the government and the private sector plus their growing experience had allowed all stakeholders to protect economic zones.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-10-23

Does this idiot make this up himself or does he have script writers ?

He is obvious not familiar with the old saying about keeping your moth shut and only appearing to be a fool...!

It's enough to make Chalerm arise from his sick bed.

Congratulations to those who have spotted the missing U.

I made a moth ball(s) up as it should read MOUTH.

Plodprasop said that although the flooding situation in the East was like the big flood in 2011 in many ways, collaboration between the government and the private sector plus their growing experience had allowed all stakeholders to protect economic zones.

Dear Mr Plodprasop, my wife's family live just outside Korat...according to them it's far worse than 2011...I'll take their word rather than yours any day of the week wink.png

it-is-impressive-that-you-are-flexible-e

• Like 1

So... do I understand him to say that these are the worse floods in the east in 50 years, but it is better than 2011 because we were able to protect the rich folk's stuff?

Worst flooding in the East is not worst flooding. There is no 'rich folk's stuff' in the East to protect. The 2011 floods were much worse than this as they covered a much wider area and affected many more people. Less jobs are affected also.

Does this idiot make this up himself or does he have script writers ?

He is obvious not familiar with the old saying about keeping your moth shut and only appearing to be a fool...!

It's enough to make Chalerm arise from his sick bed.

In the space of a month, we have heard emanations from his pie hole of: No floods this year, then, prepare for floods, then, worse floods in 50 years.

• Like 2

What flooding is the worst in 50 years?

I thought, there was no flooding?coffee1.gif

According to your beloved 'boss's' sister there wasn't going to be any flooding and as per usual she uttered those "don't worry everything will be alright" words again (simply because she doesn't want this to happen) . When will she and her 'abject' cabinet learn that if you make rediculous, illadvised statements on things you cannot predict or don't understand then it always comes back to haunt you (and some more)

Typical Pheu Thai BS - I am surprised that you are leaving you're heroine so open to ridicule, have you finally realised what this rabble is REALLY all about?

Abhisit never did such things as proclaim that floods in the future were not going to affect people or devise unwise and unaffordable policies to deceive voters into voting for them. Maybe it is because he is intelligent, articulate and a politician and Yingluck doesn't even come close to ticking ANY of these boxes!!

• Like 1

So... do I understand him to say that these are the worse floods in the east in 50 years, but it is better than 2011 because we were able to protect the rich folk's stuff?

Yup, that's what he said. But he got his name in the paper and on television, what else matters? Oh the photo op. Don't worry he'll say something stupid again, this time with his picture.

the man is either a complete idiot - or he believes the whole population in thailand to be idiots. otherwise one really can't explain his behaviour. his 'modus operandi' every time there is a problem:

- first he denies repeatedly that there will be any problem

- then, if he sees that there will be a problem, despite of him having anonunced that there won't be any (I wonder why the problems 'dare' to persist despite his announcements), he does either one of two options:

- either he shuts up immediately and goes completely mum for a few weeks/days

- or he comes up with a totally unsuitable solution first and then shuts up

- if, after a few days or weeks of his silence the problem has - expectedly - gotten out of hand, he does not even try to seek for solution any more, but just forecasts that the problem will go away by itself in a certain time frame - this time frame being adjustable (usually to a later date in the future) any day...

i have never read or seen that he actually had come forward with a solution which has helped to solve any problem...

I really wonder, how the people in floodeed areas feel now about the government's assurance that there is nothing to worry about flooding this year...

• Like 1

the man is either a complete idiot - or he believes the whole population in thailand to be idiots. otherwise one really can't explain his behaviour. his 'modus operandi' every time there is a problem:

- then, if he sees that there will be a problem, despite of him having anonunced that there won't be any (I wonder why the problems 'dare' to persist despite his announcements), he does either one of two options:

- if, after a few days or weeks of his silence the problem has - expectedly - gotten out of hand, he does not even try to seek for solution any more, but just forecasts that the problem will go away by itself in a certain time frame - this time frame being adjustable (usually to a later date in the future) any day...

i have never read or seen that he actually had come forward with a solution which has helped to solve any problem...

I really wonder, how the people in floodeed areas feel now about the government's assurance that there is nothing to worry about flooding this year...

Like everything else, I shouldn't think that he is worried about it!!

According to your beloved 'boss's' sister there wasn't going to be any flooding and as per usual she uttered those "don't worry everything will be alright" words again (simply because she doesn't want this to happen) . When will she and her 'abject' cabinet learn that if you make rediculous, illadvised statements on things you cannot predict or don't understand then it always comes back to haunt you (and some more)

Typical Pheu Thai BS - I am surprised that you are leaving you're heroine so open to ridicule, have you finally realised what this rabble is REALLY all about?

Abhisit never did such things as proclaim that floods in the future were not going to affect people or devise unwise and unaffordable policies to deceive voters into voting for them. Maybe it is because he is intelligent, articulate and a politician and Yingluck doesn't even come close to ticking ANY of these boxes!!

Steve,Steve, Steve...where do I even start?!

Maybe by advising you, to go back to your bridge!

Have a nice day!

Have a nice day!

Can't play the game I'm afraid - perhaps you can teach me 'snap' as I imagine that's the only game you can play!!!

Have a nice day!

Can't play the game I'm afraid - perhaps you can teach me 'snap' as I imagine that's the only game you can play!!!

I will teach you something...as soon as I figure out, <deleted> you are on about!

He doesn't care.

He sums up so well what is wrong with this country. The bazillionaire bureaucrat with little natural intelligence and even less hands on knowledge.

A disaster waiting to happen.

• Like 2

He doesn't care.

He sums up so well what is wrong with this country. The bazillionaire bureaucrat with little natural intelligence and even less hands on knowledge.

A disaster waiting to happen.

He is no idiot, and he knows very well the whole population of Thailand are not idiots, just little over half are idiots, and that is enough for him biggrin.png

• Like 1

As I read the news today, words fail me. We have this idiot Plodprasop who seems to be clueless on every topic he speaks about, we have Yongluck washing her hands of the reconciliation process and bill and saying she did not know the committee put through a complete whitewash to include sweeping amnesty including Thaksin and giving him the way back to get his 46 billion of seized assets back, and we have the Santka nightclub owner getting off Scott free while dozens dead and dozens more disfigured for life directly through his actions.

Thailand HAS no government, has no leader, has no justice - it is wallowing in the worlds economic ocean without a paddle or a rudder.

As for Abhisit, as much as I like the guy, he is firstly a puppet and secondly all talk and no action. I hope for Thailand's sake he is mounting a solid set of policies including all sections of society and with a budget to hit the message home and the balls to tackle Thailand's biggest issues head on without compromise this time around.

However I am not sure Thai people are mature enough for democracy yet given 500 baht is enough to sell your soul.