Thai with dual nationality - Correct procedure required

Attn: lite beer/lopburi/maestro/ubonjoe.

Approx 18 months ago, my Thai wife entered Thailand using her British passport and since then she has had to report her current address every 90 days. Her Thai passport expired whilst she was in the UK and we know now that she could have entered Thailand with an expired Thai passport. My wife now has a new Thai passport.

My question is, what is the CORRECT procedure in order to cancel her current visa in her British passport and re-enter Thailand on her new Thai passport.

Admittedly, it does seem like a simple process, i.e. exit Thailand on your British passport and re-enter on Thai passport. Having said that, she will be minus a TM6 in her Thai passport.

Thanks.

Not sure if the TM6 is even required of Thai if they use the automated gates for entry. If an issue just ask for supervisor and explain you had to depart on another passport. They do not like the other passport word so avoid unless required - but no law against it.

My wife had the same issue. She exited Nong Khai on her US passport, then showed her new Thai passport when entering Lao on the other side of the bridge. Then turned around and exited Lao and entered Thailand with the Thai passport. No flying needed in this case.

Not sure if the TM6 is even required of Thai if they use the automated gates for entry. If an issue just ask for supervisor and explain you had to depart on another passport. They do not like the other passport word so avoid unless required - but no law against it.

The women standing near the automated gate always takes my filled out TM6 card. But if the passport is expired, I doubt she will be able to use the automated gate anyway.