IMAX Paragon--Best row

Hi,

I am planning to see "Gravity" at IMAX Paragon soon, and have a question about the best row to choose.

Normally, the best row in an IMAX theatre at 2/3 of the way to be the back. But IMAX Paragon have their highest prices for the rows all the way to be back. Why is this? Are the rows in IMAX Paragon configured so that the back rows are what would normally be 2/3 of the way to the back?

I hope to book my tickets online, so any experienced advice would be appreciated.

UCS

smile.png

I saw it a couple of days ago at the same place.

There is no special configuration. I found my seat to be perfect: the cheapest seats but at the very edge to the next cost area (around row 'i', I think). Even the cheapest seats were 300 baht on a Monday morning.

.... but I definitely have a preference for being near the screen.

• Like 1

The best seats are in the back at Paragon IMAX. The seating area is a very shallow space, and even the back row seems too close to the screen to me. Also, the seating area very steeply pitched in order to cram in seats.

Whenever I go, I invariably get some heavy-backed gentleman in front of me whose chair slams into my knees. And I am not a tall person.

Worth noting though, the IMAX Paragon is the only "real" IMAX in Thailand, with the actual IMAX-size screen and aspect ratio that's more squarish-shaped than typical widescreen theaters.

There are IMAX Digital theaters at Major Ratchayothin and Pinklao. They have nice huge auditoriums and comfortable, roomy seating. But they aren't true IMAX screens, being slightly smaller and shorter than Paragon's.

Enjoy Gravity. IMAX 3D at Paragon is the way to go, despite the crummy seating.

• Like 1

Usually the seating is empty when i go.....so you can move around a bit :).

Prepay for the drink/popcorn/toy combination.

And get the M-generation card for points/discounts, especially when buying 2 or more seats. Like 50 baht one-time fee for the card.

Siam paragon has a good food court and cinema.

"Second best time to plant a tree is today" sent from note2 TV app