where to find wooden countertop material in Pattaya?

mran66

Hi

planning to extend L-shaped kitchen countertop into an U-shape kitched, with additional piece also being used as

bar-style dining area. Instead of granite, would like to use real wood top for comfort, granite too hard for my liking.

Wonder where to buy - and even see options for - reasobably priced (not muchmore exp than granite) wooden countertop

materials in Pattaya? Would need size abt 1x2m

I've not seen wooden counter tops here, but haven't really paid that much attention. A few thoughts. Try the furniture store about 200M before Suk, on Thepprasit, on the left. Has lots of "teak" furniture outside and on display in their open doors. You might inquire there. But I'd bet it will be expensive.

Maybe try Boonthavorn? They've got lots of kitchen displays setup. If you are looking to do it yourself, I've seen a decent lumber shop on Suk between South and Central Pattaya roads. It's on the South side, closer to South Pattaya road....near where the road hits it's low point...or so. It's quite small, but from the outside you can see stacks of plywood and lumber. Only a bit of English is spoken there.

Some of the wood they use here is really soft. We had a built in desk made and had to cover the top with glass. Just putting a cup of coffee down on it would make a mark!

Try Wooden Garden on Sukhumvit southbound side, more or less opposite the main post office, they also have a place in Huay Yai, on the main Huay Yai road just after the K9 turn off. Huge stocks of real wood of all shapes and sizes.

Try Wooden Garden on Sukhumvit southbound side, more or less opposite the main post office, they also have a place in Huay Yai, on the main Huay Yai road just after the K9 turn off. Huge stocks of real wood of all shapes and sizes.

thanks for comments. I had a look at Boonthavon, they had some nice Danish import wood - however price was more than the whole kitchen with granite...

will have a look at the wood shops. If local wood too soft, maybe granite is the way to go at the end as covering wood with glass is even harder than stone!