Need Rental Contract at Pattaya/Jomtien

Just a heads up about proof of residence at Pattaya/Jomtien Immigration, they refused my retirement extension of stay because I did not have a rental contract. I did have a photo copy of my latest paid rent receipt, along with a copy of a Fed Ex letter sent to me at the same address. Only a rental contract or copy of the house registration (Which I don't have since I rent a room at a condo building) is acceptable.

I returned on Tuesday, Oct 22 with a copy of my rental contract and was shown to the supervisor that makes the final check on the applican't documents. He required additional copies of every reentry permit and arrival stamp in Thailand.

I smiled the whole time, didn't argue and waied him when I first sat down and when I left. He didn't bother to return my wais. And yeah, I was dressed politely, long trousers, polo shirt, laced shoes complete with socks.

When I returned from making additional copies, another guy's retirement extension was refused because he did not have the required funds deposited in his bank three months prior to renewing his extension.

Just a word to the wise, Jomtien seems to be checking each and every detail. Next time I will revert to my old strategy of going to one of the inexpensie copy shops and copy my entire passport. One baht per copy there instead of five at Immigration smile.png

Chok dee krab!

Edited by Lancelot