coming to Pattaya for a few weeks

scubascuba3

I've never played golf whilst in Thailand so I'm keen to play a fair bit whilst here. Would love to scuba dive but an incident in Egypt a few years ago puts me off. Like all the other ideas. Keep them coming if you have anymore

Too bad about your diving accident. There is pretty decent diving in the outer islands. One suggestion was Koh Larn. A great day trip. When I mentioned bars with views, I was referring to ones like in the Hilton. Which has a few on the main lobby floor and one up on the roof. The view is spectacular. Hard Rock has a few that can be fun.

There are a few bars that do golf trips mid week. Not sure which ones, but I think a few are on LK Metro. Transport is included which is great for many.

A pretty good video on things to do here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYFuuigjZJk

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I take walks on beach road during the day,and just see what's happening.I also check out the malls.

Beach rd is useless daytime now

I take walks on beach road during the day,and just see what's happening.I also check out the malls.

• Like 1

Never ever rent a jet ski...Big ripoff...ask anyone who lives here.

Really you must see Koh Larn 1 1/2 hour boat ride from Pattaya 30B each way the water

is clean and beautiful. I go once a week pack a lunch or buy lunch there.

Nong Nooch Gardens is beautiful, on the way to Phoenix CC good golf there.

You can spend much of the day at the Gardens.(500B entry)

See the Big Buddha and don't miss the view of Pattaya at sunset from the Mountain where

the Big Duddha is located.

Get a hotel with a great pool, water in Pattaya is filthy.

On Taprasett Road in Jomtien Fri, Sat Sun market is great.

Don't miss the Roman Colissum on Taprasett Road, Laydboy show is great (1,000B)

YOU MUST GO TO WALKING STREET; DO NOT WEAR ANY GOOD JEWELRY, TAKE ONLY

300-500 B WITH YOU, NEVER TAKE A DRINK OF BEER UNLESS YOU OPEN THE CAN OR

BOTTLE YOURSELF, DON'T PICK UP A 300B HOOKER, (YOU'LL GET DRUGGED AND ROBBED)

PLAN TO SPEND 2 HOURS AT THE MOST; WATCH THE <deleted>##@N DRUNKS AND HOOKERS MAKE

FOOLS OF THEMSELVES..............iT'S GREAT FUN................

You could hire a jetski and have a great time zooming around ,i hear its great fun ,and then some jolly banter with the owners afterwards.smile.png

Yes, or take a stroll along some of the murkier sections of Beach Road at 3am, take in some traditional Thai culture and chat to some gruff-voiced ladies

You could hire a jetski and have a great time zooming around ,i hear its great fun ,and then some jolly banter with the owners afterwards.smile.png

To suggest a guy visiting Pattaya for the 1st time to hire jet sky is not sarcasm, it is just bad advice. Jet sky ride that as advertised to cost u 1500 baht for 30 minutes is gonna cost you around 40 000 baht in the end. Its a scam. Pattaya residents know this scam. TV user i Claudius was trying to make funny, suggesting you should rent a jet sky. Don't rent a jet sky here, stay as far away from them as possible.

Well we certainly here about the jet sky scams in Pattaya and Phuket. But it seems to me if they were that bad there would be no more jet ski's.

There has toi be a lot of honest ones.

Pattaya is the worlds largest red light zone which pretty much encompasses the whole town includes every bar and most restaurants, the sidewalks and underpasses. There nearby islands, expensive though. There are restaurants, rooms, an I T building but buy your IT at home and get what you buy. There are beaches but none have clean water. There are cooking schools but if you want a truly great Thai cooking school class you will want to take in Trip Advisors Thailand #1 school Chef LeeZ, in Bangkok. #1 since 2011! Recommend you change venue from Pattaya to perhaps Hau Hin (opposite sdie of the sea from Pattaya). Hau Hin is a mini Bangkok with clean air and better garbage disposal, beaches, malls and a multitude of foreigner restaurants. Check out cool relax restaurant and Jing's guest house if go to Hau Hin.

Never ever rent a jet ski...Big ripoff...ask anyone who lives here.

Really you must see Koh Larn 1 1/2 hour boat ride from Pattaya 30B each way the water

is clean and beautiful. I go once a week pack a lunch or buy lunch there.

Nong Nooch Gardens is beautiful, on the way to Phoenix CC good golf there.

You can spend much of the day at the Gardens.(500B entry)

See the Big Buddha and don't miss the view of Pattaya at sunset from the Mountain where

the Big Duddha is located.

Get a hotel with a great pool, water in Pattaya is filthy.

On Taprasett Road in Jomtien Fri, Sat Sun market is great.

Don't miss the Roman Colissum on Taprasett Road, Laydboy show is great (1,000B)

YOU MUST GO TO WALKING STREET; DO NOT WEAR ANY GOOD JEWELRY, TAKE ONLY

300-500 B WITH YOU, NEVER TAKE A DRINK OF BEER UNLESS YOU OPEN THE CAN OR

BOTTLE YOURSELF, DON'T PICK UP A 300B HOOKER, (YOU'LL GET DRUGGED AND ROBBED)

PLAN TO SPEND 2 HOURS AT THE MOST; WATCH THE <deleted>##@N DRUNKS AND HOOKERS MAKE

FOOLS OF THEMSELVES..............iT'S GREAT FUN................

I must second the Nong Nooch experience where you will find a culture show and an elephant show as well as the most beautifully kept gardens in the whole of Thailand. It's well worth a day visit.

All other advice is excellent especially DON'T HIRE A JETSKI. The island trip can be done on a speedboat but I prefer the slower, more leisurely ferry.

I don't share a great love of walking street although it is an experience not to be missed and there are some very good sea food restaurants there. You may prefer the other end of beach road where the likes of Soi 7 and Soi 8 are quite capable of entertaining you. Whilst there you could pop into the Pig n' Whistle for some English ale and a goodly serving of fish n' chips.

In spite of its formidable reputation you will, without a doubt, have a good time in Pattaya..

Recommend you change venue from Pattaya to perhaps Hau Hin (opposite sdie of the sea from Pattaya). Hau Hin is a mini Bangkok with clean air and better garbage disposal, beaches, malls and a multitude of foreigner restaurants.

Hua Hin? Mini Bangkok? You must be joking!

OP, whatever you do, avoid Hua Hin at all cost. Even if you stay inside your hotel room in Pattaya every day for whole 2 weeks, you have more fun in Pattaya than Hua Hin.

• Like 2

The ladyboy cabaret shows are highly. I particularly like the Tiffenys show but e Alcazar show is very good as well. Ey are sorta like slick Las Vegas floor shows featuring musical and dance routines. I have not yet seen theme west one, the colleseum show.

Maybe learn something new...like a au cooking class or scuba dicing or Muay Thai.

not everyone likes queers!

Pattaya is the worlds largest red light zone which pretty much encompasses the whole town includes every bar and most restaurants, the sidewalks and underpasses. There nearby islands, expensive though. There are restaurants, rooms, an I T building but buy your IT at home and get what you buy. There are beaches but none have clean water. There are cooking schools but if you want a truly great Thai cooking school class you will want to take in Trip Advisors Thailand #1 school Chef LeeZ, in Bangkok. #1 since 2011! Recommend you change venue from Pattaya to perhaps Hau Hin (opposite sdie of the sea from Pattaya). Hau Hin is a mini Bangkok with clean air and better garbage disposal, beaches, malls and a multitude of foreigner restaurants. Check out cool relax restaurant and Jing's guest house if go to Hau Hin.

On what experience level do you base the statements above?

You really should have some basic knowledge about a place before you open your mouth to criticize, lest you be viewed as a fool.

I'll start you off: the IT center is called Tuk Com, which houses many legitimate businesses, and as for the other side of the gulf, it is spelled Hua Hin, not Hau Hin.

• Like 1

A good place to chill out for a day or more is Koh Larn.

30 baht, 40 minute, ferry from Bali Hai pier, then a baht bus or mototaxi to any one of half a dozen nice beaches. Multiple choices for lodging if you stay overnight.

Samae is the largest, and has a few nice seafood restaurants right on the edge of the beach. The others are smaller, and quieter.

how long boat ride to koh larn

A good place to chill out for a day or more is Koh Larn.

30 baht, 40 minute, ferry from Bali Hai pier, then a baht bus or mototaxi to any one of half a dozen nice beaches. Multiple choices for lodging if you stay overnight.

Samae is the largest, and has a few nice seafood restaurants right on the edge of the beach. The others are smaller, and quieter.

how long boat ride to koh larn

Ummm...40 minutes or so, like it says above...

I've never played golf whilst in Thailand so I'm keen to play a fair bit whilst here. Would love to scuba dive but an incident in Egypt a few years ago puts me off. Like all the other ideas. Keep them coming if you have anymore

What kind of 'incident'? Why call yourself Scubascuba3 if you're never going to dive again? There are few better ways to spend the day in Pattaya than diving out at the islands.

What kind of 'incident'? Why call yourself Scubascuba3 if you're never going to dive again? There are few better ways to spend the day in Pattaya than diving out at the islands.

I've dived all over the world and Thailand so I'm very fussy these days plus a near death experience in Egypt involving a decompression chamber plays on my mind a little when I dive every year or two. I don't think I need to change my username to notscubascuba3 if I don't dive this time :-) I like to use the same name when I can.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Hi. Just curious: why do you want to come to Pattaya? It is a great place for so many things- not just bars as you know. Just wondered what made you want to come here. I stumbled onto the place after many years of traveling. Great place to hang your hat.Hope you have a good visit.

D.

Its because I'm planning to play golf and it was recommended as there are a lot of courses. Also it seems there's a sport club/group that play several times a week, plus not too far from bangkok

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app