Bangkok teenage motorbike gang Injures policeman

webfact

Well done police! Now can you pass your message out to the provinces and get the parents of nine year olds to stop letting their kids out on motor bikes. They are far too young to understand the dangers of road use.

And if they had have been racing Ferraris through the streets, and killed, rather than injured, a policeman, they would have nothing to fear. By all means, lock these morons up, but please apply a proportional punishment to a far more serious crime. And 37 motorcycles confiscated? I don't remember any reports of the Ferrari in question being confiscated. Anyone hear any different?

The Ferrari driver accident was caused by negligence and he has already provided generous compensation to the victim's family, the kid injured an officer while fleeing the police and has taken no responsibility for his actions. It is only because the officer in the Ferrari case died (and your obvious bias against the wealthy) that makes it a more serious crime.

Generous compensation - that's your opinion.

Pay the family a pittance, turn up at the funeral with a few crocodile tears and piss off to avoid the court cases. Oh, not forgetting the attempt at perverting the course of justice by bribing a servant to admit guilt. (Servant in prison, bent copper moved to inactive post, killer living in Singapore in luxury - no bias at all).

You think a gang of kids joy riding and street racing, whilst not acceptable, is more serious crime than driving a Ferrari at reckless speeds whilst allegedly under the influence of alcohol and drugs, running over and dragging a police officer to his death, fleeing the crime, attempting to escape blame by bribery and false witness and failing to appear in court and fleeing the country. Negligence my arse.

Good one.

Pity law enforcement and public prosecutors are reserved occupations - you'd fit right in.

And if they had have been racing Ferraris through the streets, and killed, rather than injured, a policeman, they would have nothing to fear. By all means, lock these morons up, but please apply a proportional punishment to a far more serious crime. And 37 motorcycles confiscated? I don't remember any reports of the Ferrari in question being confiscated. Anyone hear any different?

I have set up several internet news alerts on the Red Bull/ Ferrari incident and the last one that came in said police prosecutors were angry he had appeared to have evaded justice by staying in Singapore and they thought his excuses were false.

That was about a month ago so I can only guess now that the police complainants have now received the final payments in cash already.

So yes these young kids having a bit of fun and being treated like criminals is quite a contrast. The police should treat them a bit better and perhaps arrange some legal racing on a closed track or road for them, where they can let of a few pent up hormones. (after weeding out the really nasty ones of course for some community service)

Thanks for the update - I was wondering what happened to this .... Presumably he'll simply stay out of Thailand until all the statute of limitations have expired and then simply return as if nothing had happened.

No warrants, extradition, hounding by the press............... just all blow over and business as usual. Complete joke of a country........ but not funny.

Took a shortcut recently behind the Lop buri police station and see they have an impressive collection of what looks to be a couple of hundred presumably confiscated motorbikes.

Some have been there a long time and are all but gone in the vegetation and some are new models.

These ones at least have not been given back.

Hopefully the ones taken this time will not be returned.

In most places it would be considered unorthodox for it not to have been confiscated. Critical evidence in a criminal trial? Are we to understand that he would have the gall and hypocrisy to be driving the car? Surely that is over the top even for them?

Nonsense. Why do you think the Ferrari driver may have done a runner; fear perhaps?

Maybe the Ferrari wasn't confiscated because there was no reason to confiscate it. No mention of it being illegally modified and being involved in street races (yes, I know the driver was allegedly speeding but vehicles don't get confiscated for that or being involved in accidents, however serious). I believe also that the driver had a licence and was therefore over the minimum age for driving.

The discussion here is about confiscation. Confiscation implies the depriving of something from a person as a punishment which is a lot different to the impounding of a vehicle for evidence as happened with the Ferrari in a case that is still ongoing.

I don't understand why you bring up the subject of the "gall and hypocrisy" of driving the car, I don't think anyone is suggesting that at all apart from you.

Huh?

In most places it would be considered unorthodox for it not to have been confiscated. Critical evidence in a criminal trial? Are we to understand that he would have the gall and hypocrisy to be driving the car? Surely that is over the top even for them?

Nonsense. Why do you think the Ferrari driver may have done a runner; fear perhaps?

Maybe the Ferrari wasn't confiscated because there was no reason to confiscate it. No mention of it being illegally modified and being involved in street races (yes, I know the driver was allegedly speeding but vehicles don't get confiscated for that or being involved in accidents, however serious). I believe also that the driver had a licence and was therefore over the minimum age for driving.

The discussion here is about confiscation. Confiscation implies the depriving of something from a person as a punishment which is a lot different to the impounding of a vehicle for evidence as happened with the Ferrari in a case that is still ongoing.

I don't understand why you bring up the subject of the "gall and hypocrisy" of driving the car, I don't think anyone is suggesting that at all apart from you.

The car will prolly be owned by some company so it cannot be confiscated if the kid does something wrong with it.

What fabulous parents they have, they do not know about their kids antics at 3am in the morning this is the big problem in Thailand no proper parental guidance. They don't give a fig--my take on this make the parents hurt-in the pocket, sell the bikes bib and hand over the money to handicapped peoples hospice.

How many kids ,world wide, do you think tell their parents what they get up to at 3AM? Stop Thai bashing.

Being a Thailand site rolleyes.gif whats wrong whistling.gifwhistling.gif

What fabulous parents they have, they do not know about their kids antics at 3am in the morning this is the big problem in Thailand no proper parental guidance. They don't give a fig--my take on this make the parents hurt-in the pocket, sell the bikes bib and hand over the money to handicapped peoples hospice.

How many kids ,world wide, do you think tell their parents what they get up to at 3AM? Stop Thai bashing.

Sorry But you have your head in the sand if you think this is Thai bashing. Its purely admitting the truth. And no it does not happen at the same level of proportion in other countries,

• Like 1