The impossible answer? EDU to RET?

Hi all, and thanks so much for provinding such great info to help other in need, allyou in the know peple should be proud spending your time helping newbies here, and you newbies, COME ON, these guys are not getting paid buy yourselfs!! say THANK YOU at least!!

ok, please u guys, if u truly know then tell me..

Simple issue but wow:

I have an EDU visa.............

want Ret Visa.....

contacted 2 law firms, they say can change without leave TH easy,,,,,

went to Imi the other day and the help said FOR SURE I have to exit and come back on the normal entry then aplay for non O then ret...

so I have many contradictory sourses...

c\does anyone really know??

thanks guys and good work, I appreciate all your efforts,,

If you have the financial proof you should be able to get a extension of stay based upon retirement using a ED visa entry or extension of stay.

Perhaps immigration got confused because you were asking for a visa instead of an extension of stay. There have been lots of people that have done the same thing. No need for the lawyer.

Don't forget to also get a letter from your school stating that you have concluded, or have not, your studies. This letter is requested by the immigration in order to close your edu file.

Or wait.. you just have a EDU visa and no extension so far? Not sure about the need of the letter in this case.. But you could get one just in case ;)

Edited by kotsak