What am I going to do?

Nautilus05

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Open up, dont be afraid. Its anonymus.

I'm just tired. Really tired. And it's sad, because I'm only 31, and am honestly a really great guy. I've lived in I think 7 different countries now, traveled to many others, been rich, been poor, been totally in love with it being returned, being totally heart broken, and the list goes on.

I don't know. Doesn't matter.

It does matter. Never think it doesnt matter there is always somone you can turn too. Post me if you need to talk . it costs nothing . So feel free to talk .

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Absolutely right. It does matter. Even if when you rationalise things and decide that you're feeling low for no 'good reason' it's how you feel. No use denying it. Feelings are what they are. If you share them with someone, you may well discover what's causing them.

At the very least, you will have found someone to talk to. It's often best to talk to someone you don't know very well, someone who is perhaps more objective than those close to you.

Open up, to yourself and others. I know it works.

I hope you feel able to take up kevvy's kind offer. You can message me too if you like. We're all in this world together, sometimes it's important to reach out, just for reaching out's sake.

Bewildered, Bewildered...

You have no complaint

You are what your are and you ain't what you ain't

So listen up Buster, and listen up good

Stop wishing for bad luck and knocking on wood

So sayeth Mr. Prine. This one certainly goes back a long way! Thanks, brought a smile to my face this morning.

OP, *if* you are serious, this is probably the last place I would come to for counselling. Pretty much everyone on TV is rich, attractive from head to toe and has zero problems - if you are serious, you need to treat this seriously. You're not a child, and you know what a counsellor is - good luck.

Apparantly you havent read the thread.

Unless I see a Diploma, I'm going to assume that everyone here is an amateur. Sure, we all have life experiences, but there is a point where people need to seek real help from professionals - that remains my advice to the OP. I dont want to turn this into a to-and-fro : this isn't a discussion about the evils of Pattaya.

• Like 2

Unless I see a Diploma, I'm going to assume that everyone here is an amateur. Sure, we all have life experiences, but there is a point where people need to seek real help from professionals - that remains my advice to the OP. I dont want to turn this into a to-and-fro : this isn't a discussion about the evils of Pattaya.

No, I don't need a shrink. I'm not in the mood to waste my time and money, sitting in some office playing mind games with some shrink. Could use some seratonin though, which I think I might do. I actually slightly know a doctor at one of the clinics in town -- educated in Australia, and she seems to love the chance to practice English. Will go see if I can get some mild SSRI off her.

But yeah, this is bad. And I already know it's not going away easily.

I'm just tired. Really tired. And it's sad, because I'm only 31, and am honestly a really great guy. I've lived in I think 7 different countries now, traveled to many others, been rich, been poor, been totally in love with it being returned, being totally heart broken, and the list goes on.

We on TV dont know how bad your condition is, just remember....Death is a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

• Like 2

“When you're lost in those woods, it sometimes takes you a while to realize that you are lost. For the longest time, you can convince yourself that you've just wandered off the path, that you'll find your way back to the trailhead any moment now. Then night falls again and again, and you still have no idea where you are, and it's time to admit that you have bewildered yourself so far off the path that you don't even know from which direction the sun rises anymore.”

Good first step...talking it out ...but it was said earlier ...(and it helped me also)...Start a journal (I know its not a fix all) but write down what you "feel" ...do it for a week (at least) ...take it a day at a time.

Ah, depression my old friend. I wrap you around me in an attempt to find comfort where there is none. What will you do to me this time? Will you lead me further into apathy where I find myself lost to any form of interest? Will you lead me to despair where I find myself wondering if the end will hurt or not? Will you bring to me items of my self destruction? Why must you come when I can least handle it? Why must you take so much away? Why do I let you in again and again? I am not strong enough to leave you on my own. Yet part of me doesn't want it to leave. Part of me likes to dwell in the inky blackness.

Hello, wish you weren't here, please don't leave and see you again soon.

• Like 1

OP, *if* you are serious, this is probably the last place I would come to for counselling. Pretty much everyone on TV is rich, attractive from head to toe and has zero problems - if you are serious, you need to treat this seriously. You're not a child, and you know what a counsellor is - good luck.

Or looked at his own avatar.

Or looked at his own avatar.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pitbull_(rapper)

For a guy who started with nothing, I'd say Senor Perez is doing OK, even if rap isn't my first preference musically.

you should have a close friend to talk to... in person.. if you can.N

Nothing is so bad that cannot be overcome... and the only thing to fear is fear itself.

If you have an illness (even HIV or Cancer) there is some help available.. sometimes it would be best to go home to your country for the support you need

Just DO NOT leave this... sort it out, whatever it is ASAP - then you will feel alot better within yourself..

Hope you will be ok !!

Lucky enough to have been totally heartbroken.

You must have had some great ones...

There will be more.

Just admire the beautiful clouds while you wait for the next one who will take your breath away...

No, I don't need a shrink. I'm not in the mood to waste my time and money, sitting in some office playing mind games with some shrink. Could use some seratonin though, which I think I might do. I actually slightly know a doctor at one of the clinics in town -- educated in Australia, and she seems to love the chance to practice English. Will go see if I can get some mild SSRI off her.

Mate ask for Endep or one of the other serotonin replacement drugs. I know it makes you feel like shit - a hangover every morning - but it works and you can stop taking it after a while. I used it just like any other medication...took me a couple of years and the Black Dog went away.

There is a solution for every problem. Look at yours objectively, and if there are things you cant change, then move on to what you can change. If you can break down your problems into smaller items - you will have much more chance of solutions if you solve them one by one. When you do solve a small problem it gives you heart and you then go on to the next one and so on.

I agree write things down and rule through them when you have a resolution - looking at a page of resolved items is great for your morale. Finally you are never never alone. Many who have responded to you have been through bad times too and know what you are feeling and are ready to help. Stay with it and lets know how you are getting on - we are all compassionate and interested in you progress.

• Like 1

Es-citalopram is what you need old boy. I get severe bouts of depression and if it gets to the point I'm near comatose with it I hit the es-citalopram. Been many years since I have so perhaps there have been further advances.

You've made the best first step. Openly admitting it to yourself you have depression and to us bunch of hapless clowns! Talking really does help too.

Do nothing except live in the moment. Be aware of what is going on outside you and inside you and accept it all as it is. Do this and all conflict will be removed from your life. It's all in the mind you know?

What do you do with the conflict of the moment?

Very valid point. A lot of us do on here. It truly can be a great talking space thai visa forum. Sometimes I find myself talking to members about things even before I would talk to family about it.
  • Like 1

Sounds like you have never sat still long enough to find out who you are much less what to do. Start with a 10 day retreat in a Wat.wai.gif

Do nothing except live in the moment. Be aware of what is going on outside you and inside you and accept it all as it is. Do this and all conflict will be removed from your life. It's all in the mind you know?

Sounds good.

There are actually hermits who practice that.

Many Monks spend years trying to get to the point where they can always be in the moment and aware of all that goes on around them.

I do realize that the moment is all that I physically have but my mind likes to recall joyful moments and make plans for joyful moments in the future.

• Like 1