What am I going to do?

Nautilus05

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Open up, dont be afraid. Its anonymus.

I'm just tired. Really tired. And it's sad, because I'm only 31, and am honestly a really great guy. I've lived in I think 7 different countries now, traveled to many others, been rich, been poor, been totally in love with it being returned, being totally heart broken, and the list goes on.

I don't know. Doesn't matter.

Cheer up old sport. Your not the only one whose life has resembled a roller-coaster. Just take a read through TV and you will definately read about people whose lives have been on a bigger dipper than yours.

Imagine how dull life would be if we weren't on a rollercoaster?

We only remember the good times.

• Like 1

Cheer up old sport. Your not the only one whose life has resembled a roller-coaster. Just take a read through TV and you will definately read about people whose lives have been on a bigger dipper than yours.

Unfortunately "We only remember the good times." is not true when depression sets in.The opposite is the thing that gets to you!!no matter how hard you try.

Wishing the OP a speedy way out! not great advice or informative but as I don't know him,not much more I can say.

• Like 2

Unfortunately "We only remember the good times." is not true when depression sets in.The opposite is the thing that gets to you!!no matter how hard you try.

Wishing the OP a speedy way out! not great advice or informative but as I don't know him,not much more I can say.

True spoken. Its all a mindsgame though. Knowledge, true awareness of 1s ownself , between feeling. Tough battle.

• Like 2

Life's rich tapestry. I dunno if there is anything I could write here that would make you feel better. You are still young with the rest of your life to live yet. I know Bangkok/Thailand, can be a lonley place for a foreigner who feels he is losing his way and the land of smiles no longer has him smiling.

It is perhaps passe these days, and has most likely been posted dozens of times here before. But I find that it is still a good read. It is my all time favourite piece of verse.

If

IF you can keep your head when all about you

Are losing theirs and blaming it on you,

If you can trust yourself when all men doubt you,

But make allowance for their doubting too;

If you can wait and not be tired by waiting,

Or being lied about, don't deal in lies,

Or being hated, don't give way to hating,

And yet don't look too good, nor talk too wise:

If you can dream - and not make dreams your master;

If you can think - and not make thoughts your aim;

If you can meet with Triumph and Disaster

And treat those two impostors just the same;

If you can bear to hear the truth you've spoken

Twisted by knaves to make a trap for fools,

Or watch the things you gave your life to, broken,

And stoop and build 'em up with worn-out tools:

If you can make one heap of all your winnings

And risk it on one turn of pitch-and-toss,

And lose, and start again at your beginnings

And never breathe a word about your loss;

If you can force your heart and nerve and sinew

To serve your turn long after they are gone,

And so hold on when there is nothing in you

Except the Will which says to them: 'Hold on!'

If you can talk with crowds and keep your virtue,

Or walk with Kings - nor lose the common touch,

If neither foes nor loving friends can hurt you,

If all men count with you, but none too much;

If you can fill the unforgiving minute

With sixty seconds' worth of distance run,

Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it,

And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

Rudyard Kipling - 1895

Very very nice. Know am on the right track. Patience though..........costs most likely alot.

Thanks.

Ws trying to keep this upbeat and avoid the D word.

True spoken. Its all a mindsgame though. Knowledge, true awareness of 1s ownself , between feeling. Tough battle.

The mind can be a <deleted> though & play with ones inner beliefs ,awareness ,knowledge counts for nothing when self doubt kicks in, self doubt leads to endless days of depression,stopping that self doubt can come from unexpected turns down unexpected roads.

• Like 1

The mind can be a cun_t though & play with ones inner beliefs ,awareness ,knowledge counts for nothing when self doubt kicks in, self doubt leads to endless days of depression,stopping that self doubt can come from unexpected turns down unexpected roads.

You are mostly, maybe totally, correct. I am in the middle of it. I know however that things will go better. Fact of life. The other side though, have thought many times that i have reached the bottom and then something again happened. I see it now as a rising stockmarket with the, big, dips which go along with it. The result will be for the better though. I will become more complete ! Yes unexpected, pleasant/good, events can make a huge difference in getting out of it.

• Like 1

OP, *if* you are serious, this is probably the last place I would come to for counselling. Pretty much everyone on TV is rich, attractive from head to toe and has zero problems - if you are serious, you need to treat this seriously. You're not a child, and you know what a counsellor is - good luck.

• Like 1

OP, *if* you are serious, this is probably the last place I would come to for counselling. Pretty much everyone on TV is rich, attractive from head to toe and has zero problems - if you are serious, you need to treat this seriously. You're not a child, and you know what a counsellor is - good luck.

Apparantly you havent read the thread.

• Like 2

Nevermind.

Even if this wasn't a Nirvana reference, you could do worse than putting on some headphones and blasting out track 1, Smells Like Teen Spirit.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app