Tuk Tuks

awarrumbungle

Is it true that Tuk Tuks are gone from BKK?

Nope, still there as of 15:50 sunday :o

And, I've heard nowt about them being phased out either, we're stuck with the blxxdy things for the forseeable future.

Is it true that Tuk Tuks are gone from BKK?

:o

I'd be surprised if that happened. Tuk-tuks are a cult tourist attraction.

They're a symbol of Thailand. Still plenty of them lined up at the Tesco-Lotus on Ratchada. Tons of them at the talad Huai Khwang. Where is the OP getting his info from?

Sorry my mistake. Translation error. It was actually "subarus" that got banned or something. I think they are the minbuses that pick up bus customers???

what the Thai's refer to as Subaru's is the small van type ones that run up and down some soi's and usually hold 6 people in the back on bench seats and charge 5 or 6 baht a person, soi 39 has some as does 93, I dont think they have gone either as saw some working off Ramkamhaeng yesterday

Sorry my mistake. Translation error. It was actually "subarus" that got banned or something. I think they are the minbuses that pick up bus customers???

what the Thai's refer to as Subaru's is the small van type ones that run up and down some soi's and usually hold 6 people in the back on bench seats and charge 5 or 6 baht a person, soi 39 has some as does 93, I dont think they have gone either as saw some working off Ramkamhaeng yesterday

So.. a Songtaew then !

Can't imagine those being banned... and with regards to Tuk Tuks being banned, that seems a bit unimaginable also, considering all the reports I've seen about the launch of new eco friendly tuk tuks and moves to help people own their tuks tuks rather than paying extortionate rental fees...

totster :o