Need A Good Wireless Internet Provider.

mhortig

I live a short distance outside muang Phitsanulok. There is no "landline" internet service available here. I have had True Move sattelite internet, and am NOT happy. It is expensive (over 900 baht per month). I get 3 gb of dowload/upload then it is frustratingly slow for the rest of the month. I use my computer for movie/tv downloading and email and occaisional internet browsing. Often it can take over ten minutes to open e-mail and sometimes not at all. and their support service is terrible.

Can any one reccomend a better provider?. It has been one year since we started True Move so I hope there is something better out there. I want greater capacity of downloading and faster speed. I do not want to pay an exhorbinant set up charge. Thanks .

Edited by Tywais
Corrected Font

once you have exhausted the 3 GB you have paid for, every internet provider will reduce your speed to very little until you pay for a new month renewing the 3 Gb

I think if you want to download movies or TV programs your quota of 3 Gb will be used quickly and you may have to pay for a larger volume than 3 Gb

You mean you have true wireless - not sat. it is an aircard connected to cell phone towers? I get the 5GB aircard/tab post pay account.

"I want greater capacity of downloading and faster speed" No such thing - I live in the same area. I have multi accounts (3G) and sandbag the 3g by using the used up card for downloads. Still cheaper then IpStar was. It is slow but you get use out of it without sucking out all the remain 3G from the other card.

You cannot use the internet with wireless in Thailand - it is just a smartphone toy.

Check and see if ToT will do wimax in your area we are still waiting. That will give you a real internet connection - otherwise just keep bothering them about it. I have not given up and been doing it for 15 years. Good luck

PS do not use or even try IpStar even at 2600 a month it works worse then a run out 3G account. I know - I had it for 5 years of pain before we even had true and dtac.

Until ToT is not longer paid to do nothing by scimming all the wireless accounts they will never spend money to run a cable, after all - why - if you can make the same money by pretending wireless is a solution - facepalm.gif

Thank you all for your comments. I have switched to CAT and am extremely happy with my internet speed. Much better than True Move. You get very high speed downloading for the first 5 gb, then it slows but not under 350 kbs. Much much faster than True Move, and my browing speed has increased considerably. Short of having a landline, which is not available in rural areas, this is very suitable for me. To those of you, who like me may have looked into CAT in the past, their offering now is considerably improved, and cheaper than True Move.

Edited by metisdead
Oversize bold font reset to normal. Do not post using overly large font.