Where can I connect with minority investors?

Well, this forum is a good start if you only provide some details of the nature of the

business and the involvement of said minor investors,

Alternatively, Sunbelt and similar brokerage agencies will help you...

as ezzra said...

OP, what investment are you offering (i.e. how much do you need)?

Be prepared to supply the 3 last years of accounts and a detailed business plan, as well as the 3 exit scenarii: high, medium, low.

Well, this forum is a good start if you only provide some details of the nature of the

Thank you for the suggestion about Sunbelt.

It is good site, although seemingly more for buying / selling majority stakes (normally 100%)

But I will certainly have another look to see if there is a way I could be listed on there.

as ezzra said...

OP, what investment are you offering (i.e. how much do you need)?

Be prepared to supply the 3 last years of accounts and a detailed business plan, as well as the 3 exit scenarii: high, medium, low.

The business consists of 3 day spas (2 in Bangkok and 1 in Phuket) with a brand that has quickly (established less than 2 years ago) gained recognition/ loyalty, especially (but not only) among Hong Kong/ Singapore/ Korean tourist clientele – all branches rank high on Tripadvisor and similar sites in Chinese/ Korean.
Minority investors can be sleeping partners but will have board observer rights, monthly accounts and unlimited access to the business/ management. For a sizeable investment, investor can also appoint themselves/ a friend/ associate (on our payroll) as accountant/ assistant manager, to monitor/ control their investment (assuming they provide some clear support to the business).
Use of proceeds will be for refinancing of existing investors and funding towards the roll out of the brand. As such, there is not a particular number that is needed, although I would say I’m assuming each investor’s ticket will be minimum 200,000 baht (maximum combined equity available at this stage would be ~5 mil baht but I the actual amount I sell may be much less).
Entry price will be ~2 times current run-rate profit, with a plan to add 5/6 more branches and approximately triple profit over the next 2/3 years (followed by exit via sale / refinancing by bank debt and share buyback). Most of the growth will be funded organically but any investors in this round will have anti-dilution protection in case we bring in new equity partners over time.
I have a base case business plan and (using the “survival skills” I developed during many long nights as a junior investment analyst in London) I have built an operating model that can run other scenarios as required (everyone has a different way of thinking about forecasts).

• 3 months later...

^ as an update to the above please see my thread in the general forum titled "another one bites the dust" as a warning of how things can go wrong in business, even when everything seems so rosy!

Luckily nobody from the forum showed any interest in investing (my friends/family weren't so lucky) but just for the avoidance of doubt this "opportunity" is closed!