Suthep vows to fight Thaksin regime from the streets

webfact

No he just bribes the locals in Surat Thani.

What has Suthep got to offer the people of thailand?

All we hear are threats to banish the Prime minister etc etc, create chaos, drive away again the tourists.

Bullyboy tactics is all he offers

Quite possibly the most hypocritical post I have ever read on TV.

A one-eyed red flag waving Shinawatra groupie talking about someone who "bribes the locals". What a hoot !

Little wonder the Thaksin fans on this forum have little or no credibility.

That's as maybe, but Suthep talking of taking a principled stance to save the country from corruption really takes the biscuit.

Is there a politician in Thailand who isn't an utter hypocrite?

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those peaceful protestors left behind one helluva arsenal at the airport when the eventually left. Oh, and a corpse, too, btw.

You mean the PAD at the airport....I never read any report of weapons.

And the corps was a yellow shirt killed by unknown.

I was there several times during the occupation and many of them were armed. Nearly all males I encountered at the checkpoints had clubs, batons, knives and some had pistols.

Stupid old fool.

Every post from you just enforces my very low opinion of Thaksin/PTP/redshirt terrorist supporters. And trolls and people who post under multiple names. Not really a contributor to the topic, just getting your post count higher.

I hope Suthep at least has the ability to open the eyes of the people of Thailand and expose Thaksin and his gang of lying crooks and paid thugs. The nation as a whole deserves better than this rubbish that is currently dished up to them.

And I hope he can do it without having to resort to redshirt style violence, or by having to bribe the population. whistling.gif

No he just bribes the locals in Surat Thani.

What has Suthep got to offer the people of thailand?

All we hear are threats to banish the Prime minister etc etc, create chaos, drive away again the tourists.

Bullyboy tactics is all he offers

Spot on.

He's a common thug and no better than the man he is up against.

He was almost solely responsible for the collapse of the Democrat 'Bitter Medicine' regime under Chuan in the late 90's due to his malfeasance and corruption.

Everything he is doing is purely for selfish reasons. Don't be fooled.

Every coup has been about removing corruption.

Can add this gem to an already lengthy list of completely false and historically contradictory statements in your posting repertoire.

Every coup has not been excused as a reason for removing corruption?

Pray tell the other salient reasons for the 17 or so 18 coups?

Has each also had perhaps something to do with "a nipping in the bud" of the nascent democratic ideals of those who had been elected?

As my father would have said you must have "cloth ears".

And tell that to his friends who were on the Burma railroad who to survive had to collect flies, that's right, flies to be fed.

to do fighting fascism only to face the home brew.

Hey, perhaps they can see the irony of a MP (who had previously set the Army loose on people demonstrating for political ends on the street) who has chosen to demonstrate for political ends on the street. Do you have a viewpoint on this or just getting the post number count up (now where have I heard that before xwhistling.gif.pagespeed.ic.FVjgnKnWS1.p )

Please feel free to discuss my post (not me).

"Hey, perhaps they can see the irony of a MP (who had previously set the Army loose on people demonstrating for political ends on the street)"............................blah blah blah !

If the redshirt scumbags had not invaded the city and held it to ransom for months the army would have stayed in their barracks playing cards, and nobody would have been hurt. Every problem has a source, in this case an evil criminal despot set on revenge, at any cost.

There you are, I have discussed what I regard as pointless, one-eyed, lame brained dribble. Comments like yours are a dime a dozen.

The thing that scares me most about living in Thailand is not the violence, dangerous roads, bed bugs, hippies wearing fisherman pants, drugs, corruption, getting ripped off by jet ski renters, my wife leaving me and taking everything I own, food poisoning, barking dogs, ladyboys, signs posted in bus shelters, diabetes or tuk-tuk drivers. It is the thought of living in the same town as people who come here from another country and openly support an evil regime such as the Shinawatra dynasty.

Not sure who I dislike more, the band or the fans. bah.gif

And that rant is precisely why there is little point discussing politics on this forum.

Edited by JAG
  • Like 2

When is this going to end, how is this going to solve. I have met many people in which 60% have been YELLOW and 40% RED.

Many RED not supporters of Taksin just RED. Ive got an Idea: Mixing Yellow and Red color produces: ORANGE, New party: Orange Democratic and anti Corruption Party wai2.gif

Suthep of course would not say he would resign his seat as he would lose his parliamentary immunity. Likewise he claims to be acting alone.

Well let him go to Surat Thani and chew betel nut with his rubber farmer mates

Perhaps they can dig some more canals to smuggle in palm oil like they did under abhisit.

He's an untouchable or has been up to now.

I predict low turnout in the south and virtually none in Bangkok.

Wow, this grass fire topic has really flushed the snakes Democrat bashers out of the long grass !

Your paltry comment reminds me of an old worn out farm horse - lame.

Hey, perhaps they can see the irony of a MP (who had previously set the Army loose on people demonstrating for political ends on the street) who has chosen to demonstrate for political ends on the street. Do you have a viewpoint on this or just getting the post number count up (now where have I heard that before whistling.gif )

I see the irony and just as Thaksin is aligning himself to be Supreme Commander (courts, checks and balances and Police all under his control) of Thailand like his mate Hun Sen (another irony is Cambodia has the word Democratic in its name) if I had have been in Suthep's shoes at the time of the attack on Bangkok from Thaksin and his team my response would have been quicker, dis involved the police as neutral, and more targeted at all the leaders of the attack. Hopefully the Army has learnt from 2010. Likewise if in Sutheps' shoes I would understand that while the lethal attacks on the Army and the people of Bangkok, along with the attacks in provincial cities had to be dealt to, it would then put me in a position not to be an olive branch bearer, as I would be well offside with the Isaanites who have a genuine bitch but uneducated loyalty. Problem for Thailand is that sitting on the other side of the fence is Thaksin and his goons who equally are not olive branch bearers for those who see what is happening to Thailand and also have a genuine bitch as to the arrival of yet another rich mafia family. The Isaanites have been conned to serve the latest Amart and get some scraps for their Wai's instead of the improved living conditions they could have permanently over time.

Suthep of course would not say he would resign his seat as he would lose his parliamentary immunity. Likewise he claims to be acting alone.

Well let him go to Surat Thani and chew betel nut with his rubber farmer mates

Perhaps they can dig some more canals to smuggle in palm oil like they did under abhisit.

He's an untouchable or has been up to now.

I predict low turnout in the south and virtually none in Bangkok.

Wow, this grass fire topic has really flushed the snakes Democrat bashers out of the long grass !

Your paltry comment reminds me of an old worn out farm horse - lame.

Hey, perhaps they can see the irony of a MP (who had previously set the Army loose on people demonstrating for political ends on the street) who has chosen to demonstrate for political ends on the street. Do you have a viewpoint on this or just getting the post number count up (now where have I heard that before whistling.gif )

I don't think it's accurate to say he set the army loose on people. He and the rest of the government sent in the army under ROE that it would appear they didn't follow leading to deaths they won't be held accountable for.

At the moment most of the rallies seem to be peaceful unlike in 2010 so there's no comparison really. If the rallies turn violent with similar numbers then we'll have something to compare but let's hope we don't get that opportunity.

Those peaceful protestors left behind one helluva arsenal at the airport when the eventually left. Oh, and a corpse, too, btw.

You mean the PAD at the airport....I never read any report of weapons.

And the corps was a yellow shirt killed by unknown.

I was there several times during the occupation and many of them were armed. Nearly all males I encountered at the checkpoints had clubs, batons, knives and some had pistols.

I wouldn't classify batons and whatnot as "one helluva arsenal".

As for actual guns, there were no reports of wide-spread presence of them at the airport.

Edited by centrala

Every coup has been about removing corruption.

Can add this gem to an already lengthy list of completely false and historically contradictory statements in your posting repertoire.

Every coup has not been excused as a reason for removing corruption?

Pray tell the other salient reasons for the 17 or so 18 coups?

Has each also had perhaps something to do with "a nipping in the bud" of the nascent democratic ideals of those who had been elected?

As my father would have said you must have "cloth ears".

And tell that to his friends who were on the Burma railroad who to survive had to collect flies, that's right, flies to be fed.

to do fighting fascism only to face the home brew.

Your learning process for understanding Thailand's history of coups is yours to undertake.

As said, what you posted earlier about thailands's history is patently false.

What you are posting now about your father's history is muddled derailment.

• Like 1