Rugby League World Cup

gkroo

Rugby League is for people who are too thick to play football and Rugby Union is for people who are too posh to play football or Rugby League ...... so I'm told.

U listen to the wrong people rolleyes.gif Rugby League is a game played by REAL men and not a handbag in sight thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

Rugby League is for people who are too thick to play football and Rugby Union is for people who are too posh to play football or Rugby League ...... so I'm told.

U listen to the wrong people rolleyes.gif Rugby League is a game played by REAL men and not a handbag in sight thumbsup.gif

Youre not gonna get away with that for anyone who'se ever watched a Rugby League 'scrum'. A couple of bunches of fairies at a tea dance comes to mindbiggrin.png .

OK - I'll have to confess its a worthwhile sport full of genuine hard men, notwithstanding that curious charade [otherwise they'll never let me back home into the West Riding of Yorkshire!]

Agreed, but it just doesn't entertain me very much, the way that football does. We've got 5 weeks of the World cup and it's practically certain that the Aussies will win (if not them, New Zealand).BTW I watched a bit of the second Aussie team yesterday (Italy) and they beat Wales and also beat England in a pre-tournament warm-up match. It's not inconceivable that 2 Aussie teams will make the final.

Rugby League was far more entertaining when the pitches were muddy and regular mass brawls broke out.