Why is the darkside so dark? (a question from a brightsider)

koeko

Hey there,

I was wondering why you all refer to East Pattaya as the "Dark Side"?

Whenever I hear this, it makes me think of this:

4474065261_4f95455a3d_z.jpg?zz=1

I'm a non-native English speaker and perhaps it's common usage for remote areas? I've never heard this term before (outside of the Star Wars movie)...

What makes this area so dark to call it that way? and what makes the other side the bright one? is it the green laser from Insomnia lighting up the city?? w00t.gif

Edited by koeko
  • Like 1

The "Darkside" primarily refers to Soi's Khao Talo/Khao Noi/Siam Country Club on the east side of Sukhumvit road which as few as 5 years ago had very little to no street lighting.

These days more and more Soi's either side of those mentioned are also wearing the "Darkside" moniker.

It is shit over here, zombies and all sort of rif raf wandering that either want to feast on new blood or put a bullet in your head, best to avoid.

Edited by Spoonman

The "Darkside" primarily refers to Soi's Khao Talo/Khao Noi/Siam Country Club on the east side of Sukhumvit road which as few as 5 years ago had very little to no street lighting.

These days more and more Soi's either side of those mentioned are also wearing the "Darkside" moniker.

It is shit over here, zombies and all sort of rif raf wandering that either want to feast on new blood or put a bullet in your head, best to avoid.

Trying to keep the two week millionaire riff-raff out are you Spoonman?

• Like 2

The "Darkside" is a great place to live and have fun. We have everything over here from mini-supermarkets to fun entertainment venues (but I would say that !!!)

Huge housing states, recreation grounds, many gyms, lots of restaurants catering for all budgets, and those entertainment venues we are not allowed to speak about on here.

The only thing we don't have is a shopping center with cinema, but I am sure that will come in the next few years. Pattaya is pretty much full-up so other areas are sure to be developed and the East side of Pattaya will definitely change over the next few years, I hope, for the best !

• Like 1

I get a little tired of answering this question so many times and after so many people have posted incorrect comments.

It started being called the dark side many years ago when the music poclice were closing down bars for playing copywrite music and had to pay large fines until they had their power tuned on again. There were some times when this was happening a LOT, Hence the dark side.