New uk passport arrived. What now?

Hi,

Just received a new passport and will go to get a new tourist visa on Monday.

Do I need to cut the corners of my old passport?

Do I just go out as normal at the visa crossing point? It will be a land crossing by train to Malaysia.

Anyone have experience of this?

Thanks

Have just returned from Penang with new one year multiple entry visa. Got my new passport one week ago, use old passport to show must leave by card, but make sure you get the new passport stamped with Thai exit stamp. I did have to explain to immigration guy as he did stamp old passport with exit stamp. He cancelled that stamp, stamped new passport with exit stamp and wrote new passport on stamp in new passport. All worked okay, cut corner at your leisure after.

"Immigration at the boarder will take care of the stamps when you present both your passports."

That's what I thought. Don't expect this at the boarder at Nong Khai. I took the V.I.P. bus from Bangkok to Vientiane last Wednesday. Arrived at the boarder when it opens at 6am presented both my passports and was told "No, Can Not". After holding up the line by trying to find out why they just can't stamp the new passport in and out the supervisor came out and said no way. You have to go to immigration and get the tourist visa transfered to your new passport and then come back to the boarder. The immigration office is not at the boarder but 1 km back down the highway and it doesn't open until 8:30. Needless to say the V.I.P. bus was not waiting when I got back to the boarder. I have never heard of this happening before, maybe something new or just at Nong Khai?