Platinum J 150 almost 6 years now

dutchrdam

Sorry it take some while. The Platinum drove 54.215 Km the past years. So with this I can say I am a biker. As told in the first 3 year every day on the road and bring me all over the greater Bangkok area.

I agree that the Chinese have a different approach of a bike then the Japanese. Especially the welding work from the frame parts is rough. But rough will not mean bad. When bought my motorbike I let X-Ray the most important weddings from the frame and not one had crack, air rooms or contamination and all where well flown in the tube metal. In all those years never did have a crack in the frame.

That many Platnums break down have more to do with the maintenance of the bike and the riding style of the divers. It's a heavy motorbike compared to the amount of engine cc's. In my case the motorbike weight about 180 kilo and I am good for a 130 kilo. 330 Kilo total on a 150 cc engine. You can't expect racing characteristics, The engine itself is a knock off from a Honda and heavily reduced in rpm's and torck.

With adapting the electronic the rpm increase from 7.000 to 9.200. Together with a Vortex build in the carburetor I can get around the 20 PK This combined with a adapted gearwheel setup make that I can maintain a cruise speed from about 115 Km/h. Remember it's not a racing motor so it need time to come there This is quiet OK if you see the big windshield I build on it but down-scaled my CW heavy.

Back to Maintenance, never ever did a Thai mechanic touch my motorbike. All service and modifications are done by me for the simple reason I don't trust work done by unschooled mechanics.

If you have more serious questions I will do my best to answer them

Regardswai2.gif .

Well, I don't like the term 'biker', much preferring the term "motorcyclist" but you consider yourself a biker/motorcyclist so that's fine! I only do 2500km a year on my big bike and don't consider km as a yardstick. Back in Oz a lot of the vintage and veteran bike riders only do as little as a few hundred km a year. No big deal.

I do about 15000km a year on scooter. Does that make me a scooterist or am I still a motorcyclist?

• Like 1

Sorry it take some while. The Platinum drove 54.215 Km the past years. So with this I can say I am a biker. As told in the first 3 year every day on the road and bring me all over the greater Bangkok area.

I agree that the Chinese have a different approach of a bike then the Japanese. Especially the welding work from the frame parts is rough. But rough will not mean bad. When bought my motorbike I let X-Ray the most important weddings from the frame and not one had crack, air rooms or contamination and all where well flown in the tube metal. In all those years never did have a crack in the frame.

That many Platnums break down have more to do with the maintenance of the bike and the riding style of the divers. It's a heavy motorbike compared to the amount of engine cc's. In my case the motorbike weight about 180 kilo and I am good for a 130 kilo. 330 Kilo total on a 150 cc engine. You can't expect racing characteristics, The engine itself is a knock off from a Honda and heavily reduced in rpm's and torck.

With adapting the electronic the rpm increase from 7.000 to 9.200. Together with a Vortex build in the carburetor I can get around the 20 PK This combined with a adapted gearwheel setup make that I can maintain a cruise speed from about 115 Km/h. Remember it's not a racing motor so it need time to come there This is quiet OK if you see the big windshield I build on it but down-scaled my CW heavy.

Back to Maintenance, never ever did a Thai mechanic touch my motorbike. All service and modifications are done by me for the simple reason I don't trust work done by unschooled mechanics.

If you have more serious questions I will do my best to answer them

Regardswai2.gif .

thanks for clearing this OP, good luck for you with your bike and happy rides.

Edited by ll2