Platinum J 150 almost 6 years now

dutchrdam

Diff'ren strokes for diff'ren folks. I am guessing your the kind of guy that wants to extract every metre you can out of a litre of benzene.

I am guessing you are bored and have nothing better to do then post in a topic about a bike that does not interest you at all.

• Like 2

1000km in one year, that not even 100 km per month?

So what is your 1st mode of transport?

You threat it like some Harley riders I know in Pattaya, only taking it out for a spin twice a week and only when the sun shinesbiggrin.png

1 st mode is a car

2 th small motorbike for in the village and 7/11 runs

3 th bicycle for around the corner and go with the dog

4 th legs... to come by the one of the modes biggrin.png

Yes, I am now a nice weather driver. Rain, to hot, to dusty.... or just lazy then take the car.

I use the Platinum only for hobby now. When I bought him he was the only mean of transport and drove all over Bangkok with her. Since the car came and got work near house she is with retirement.....

Regards wai2.gif

Edited by dutchrdam
  • Like 1

Diff'ren strokes for diff'ren folks. I am guessing your the kind of guy that wants to extract every metre you can out of a litre of benzene.

I am guessing you are bored and have nothing better to do then post in a topic about a bike that does not interest you at all.

I thought you would go with "Hey buddy, you trying to get your post count up or something?" tongue.png

But the thing is some months back dutchdam was posting in another thread about his bike and how great it is but never answered the question about how much riding he does....now we know! rolleyes.gif

Yeah, use it in bangkok pothole roads 20.000 km a year and see after some hard use.

This is clearly a bike stays in a garage which is ridden 83 km a month.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Yeah, use it in bangkok pothole roads 20.000 km a year and see after some hard use.

When I bought him he was the only mean of transport and drove all over Bangkok with her.

Nice one. Looks like you're getting your value out of it. I wonder how many posters would have predicted that it would have rusted into oblivion by now. 6 yrs later and still running strong.

What's the big dial on the gas tank?

The big dail house a digital petrol meter, gear indicator and the petrol fill opening.

post-48670-0-64020100-1382852110_thumb.j

• Like 1

I thought you would go with "Hey buddy, you trying to get your post count up or something?" tongue.png

But the thing is some months back dutchdam was posting in another thread about his bike and how great it is but never answered the question about how much riding he does....now we know! rolleyes.gif

This few months is about 11 months ago. When I bought the bike and announce it here at TV the stream of comments was big. Most negative and without any knowledge written. That make me decide to bring a yearly update. Safe me reading all comments who have no value.

Now yearly, when pay tax/insurance I make some photos and will please you with a update.

How much riding I do is, if you can read, clearly mentioned in the OP... about 1000 Km

Regardswai2.gif

I like it, someone who does not give a rat's arse about all the haters here on the forum. Just keep on truckin dutchie.

how many km in total have you ridden on this bike ?

• Like 1

If you bothered to read his previous updates you would have known he has used this bike extensively before and the bike didn't give him any problems.

But I guess its easier to just slag the whole thing just because its a platinum.

• Like 1

Surprised nobody mentioned something like: "so has it been at the dealer for repairs most of the year?"

Although i don't own a Chinese bike ( got a few friends who do) i'm kind of tired of always the same negative replies about chines bikes.

Give the guy a break he's just proud of his ride.

Are you less of a biker if you ride a Chinese bike??

It matters that you ride not what or how many km's.

• Like 2

No problems with anyone. Op is proud of his bike and it is his right.

Jusy questioning the quality of these bikes nothing else. Please no offense.

Surprised nobody mentioned something like: "so has it been at the dealer for repairs most of the year?"

Although i don't own a Chinese bike ( got a few friends who do) i'm kind of tired of always the same negative replies about chines bikes.

Give the guy a break he's just proud of his ride.

It matters that you ride not what or how many km's.

I don't care one way or the other what the guy rides. His money, his choice.

But it does make a difference how many km the bike has done if your portraying it as a bike with a record of near zero down time when we know the majority of platinum's are plagued with many problems, some re-occurring. And the bikes spend a lot of time in repair shops.

Be honest, how many 6 year old Platinums are still doing good service?

• Like 1

I saw such Platinum yesterday at my local Tesco store. It was dressed up as police bike with sirens, emergency lights and all that stuff. Looked pretty impressive and still was in good shape too. IMO the OP has a nice ride.

• Like 1

Can you be considered a biker if you do 1000 km a year?

My point is: people who mayby never would have bought a bike in there homecountry, are buying one here, and discovering the joy of riding a bike,( with a bike i mean a bike different then the average scooter which is in most cases just a cheap and easy way of getting around) even when you drive as little as 1000 km a year i consider them bikers or motorcyclists.

The feeling of owning a bike,the occasional ride the polishing and waxing or just looking at it is for some people enough.

There is no doubt that the quality of Chinese bikes is less then the established brands, it has been said many times: you get what you pay for,

But Chinese bikes makes more people take the step and start riding something different then the average scooter mentioned above.

A thing i only can encourage.

• Like 1

Labels such who is a biker and who isn't are really only used by the insecure.

Surely what they class as a biker is someone who buys a bike for fun, and not just a mode of transport to get from A-B.

Distances, usage and everything else that's used to discredit someone is just a bit sad on the part of the person trying to put them down so they can feel an inch longer.

• Like 1

Well done, great to see.

For me it's much better to see than lads buying bland bikes because they have a fancy sporty fairing and name, then proceed to overload them with shiney bits of Bikers crap.

Edited by yingyo