River Kwai Bridge Festival 2013

Boycie

Okay, I'll bite. What's the festival all about, is it worth visiting during the festival, and will the normal places be booked up?

I love K-Buri and don't need a festival to visit. That said, if it's something special (special good, not special touristy), I'd be likely to go.

Okay, I'll bite. What's the festival all about, is it worth visiting during the festival, and will the normal places be booked up?

I love K-Buri and don't need a festival to visit. That said, if it's something special (special good, not special touristy), I'd be likely to go.

Please have a look at years past of my photos of this great Sound and Light Festival below:-

http://www.pbase.com/win13/ls_kan

Win

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

I went last night, before the "show" starts a video on the "edited" history, some lovely footage of a very old lady who Weary Dunlop had helped as a little girl, may any and all gods bless that man,

However the story of how Thailand put up great resistance to the invading Japanese, until it was obvious many would die, was a bit "hmmmmm"

Then the show, well done, in a front row seat so I could have roasted marshmallows on the flash pots,

Again an "interesting' take on history, with the Thais fighting again hard against the Japs, then the attempts of the POW's to blow up the bridge (any truth behind that? Would love to know) then finally a rather large part about how many Japanese actually helped the locals and prisoners.

Apart from the fantasy parts, a good fireworks show.

I am hoping they'll do something more truthful next year like

Peter Pan

• Like 1

i went last night all i could see was stalls with people selling stuff complete waste of time and 20 baht admission they have the same sort of thing in pattaya and phuket every month except its free rip off wont go again

The show takes place on the bridge where there is also a spectator area, did you not make it as far as the river?

i went last night all i could see was stalls with people selling stuff complete waste of time and 20 baht admission they have the same sort of thing in pattaya and phuket every month except its free rip off wont go again

The show takes place on the bridge where there is also a spectator area, did you not make it as far as the river?

guess i must have missed it didn't go in the direction of the bridge, was there an entrance fee to see that part or was it included in the 20 baht

guess i must have missed it didn't go in the direction of the bridge, was there an entrance fee to see that part or was it included in the 20 baht

You can spectate for free from near the bridge or pay for seating on the river bank.

You can spectate for free from near the bridge or pay for seating on the river bank.

how much is it to pay for seating on the river bank does anyone know

Hi Folks,

Have not been yet.

So is the main part of this show on the other side of the river like last year? as you had to walk across the Famous Bridge to get a River front seat. Cost 500 baht last year and free from the Town side of the bridge.

As for the post by CTO wai.gif sound like last years Thai Kick Boxing show as well.

At least the two Steam Trains are running No. 713 and 715.

Win facepalm.gif

I went last night, before the "show" starts a video on the "edited" history, some lovely footage of a very old lady who Weary Dunlop had helped as a little girl, may any and all gods bless that man,

However the story of how Thailand put up great resistance to the invading Japanese, until it was obvious many would die, was a bit "hmmmmm"

Then the show, well done, in a front row seat so I could have roasted marshmallows on the flash pots,

Again an "interesting' take on history, with the Thais fighting again hard against the Japs, then the attempts of the POW's to blow up the bridge (any truth behind that? Would love to know) then finally a rather large part about how many Japanese actually helped the locals and prisoners.

Apart from the fantasy parts, a good fireworks show.

I am hoping they'll do something more truthful next year like

Peter Pan

Indeed an " interesting take of history". = Thais fighting hard against the japs ! cheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gif

Cheers.

Hi Folks,

Have not been yet.

So is the main part of this show on the other side of the river like last year? as you had to walk across the Famous Bridge to get a River front seat. Cost 500 baht last year and free from the Town side of the bridge.

As for the post by CTO  Posted Image  sound like last years Thai Kick Boxing show as well.

At least the two Steam Trains are running No. 713 and 715.

Win Posted Image

Tickets a hundred Baht....or the buffet restaurants this side of the bridge Win....we didn't bother.

• Like 1