Honda SH150i - Asia City Motors, Bowin

UncleJ

I decided the Honda SH150i was going to be my next scooter.

Hondas latest effort going directly at the Piaggio/Vespa buyers.

This is a premium scooter w/ 16" wheels, HD suspension, rear disc combi brake, great build quality and Hondas latest technology. 

The first 1,000 units come with a carry box and wind shield too.

Honda SH150i.jpg

I shopped around the Pattaya area for the best price. 104,500Bt. out the door.

Remembering the PCX thread about excellent prices and service provided at Asia City Motors in Bowin, Sri Racha, Chonburi, I phoned and spoke with Miss Mon. 

What a delightful experience dealing with them. Yes, yes, yes is all they know how to say.

They came and picked me up and I received a presenditial type welcome when arriving at the dealership.

The employees on the front steps, giving me welcoming wai and lots of smile action from the lovely staff. Nice.

And the best part...97,000Bt out the door and they will deliver to Pattaya in 30 minutes.

Sold!

I highly recommend anybody in the market for a new Honda to phone the nice people at Bowin.

You'll be glad you did.

Miss Mon 038-345-732 or Mr. Noi 081-458-7591

Asia City Motor Company 

Moo 6 Bowin A. Siracha

Nice. Can you give a report about the bike in a while. :D

Sent from my phone with the app thingy.

I am a little confused. What does this bike offer over the PCX?

More performance? I understand that it has 2 inch bigger wheels.

But to me it looks like a bastard child of a Click and a Wave (which has 17 inch wheels).

So I am honestly asking...what is Honda charging CBR250 prices for?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

I was out there 2 weeks ago and they wanted to stiff me.....they said 99000 baht! Now I regret buying a Scoopy Club 12 for the daughter from them! facepalm.gif

Apart from the rear disc brake I didn't think it was special. Ok, but not special. whistling.gif

I have 50 kilometers on the new bike and am pleased with the ride.

Great suspension and the brakes are phenomenal with the rear disc brake. Nice comfy seat with excellent rear view mirrors. Very smooth, like riding a magic carpet. Can lean far over in the turns and feel confident with the large tires.

Very balanced and stable but less flickable than my Nouvo.

The bike is quite a bit larger but the handlebars are narrow so weaving thru traffic is no problem.

Don't have much experience with the PCX but the seating position felt better to me on the SHi.

My Yamaha Nouvo now feels crude and primitive.

This is possibly Hondas best scooter ever. They spent some money on the quality components.

Its a European model with production shifted to Vietnam and may be too tall for the average Asian rider. The seat is wide and tall and you do need some long legs to reach the ground at stoplights.

Definitely a scooter the farangs will enjoy.

The price is right. The value is there.

It may come down a bit after the market gets saturated.

Edited by UncleJ
  • Like 1

I was out there 2 weeks ago and they wanted to stiff me.....they said 99000 baht! Now I regret buying a Scoopy Club 12 for the daughter from them! facepalm.gif

Apart from the rear disc brake I didn't think it was special. Ok, but not special. whistling.gif

Can you really claim being stiffed?

That price is still 5,000 or 6,000 less than the Pattaya dealers.

You could bargain them down to 97,000, sell free the Givi Box and Ermax Windscreen for 7,000 and the price out the door would be 90,000Bt.

You did save money by purchasing that Scoopy Club 12 in Bowin, no?

Edited by UncleJ

Can you really claim being stiffed?

That price is still 5,000 or 6,000 less than the Pattaya dealers.

You could bargain them down to 97,000, sell free the Givi Box and Ermax Windscreen for 7,000 and the price out the door would be 90,000Bt.

You did save money by purchasing that Scoopy Club 12 in Bowin, no?

Said 'tongue in cheek'! :D Yes, saved a little money on the Scoopy. When I bought the PCX150 off them it was 7500 cheaper than Mityon.

How did you conclude the topbox and screen are worth 7000 baht?

Does look nice I must admit. At 6'03" I find most of the scoots somewhat cramped, I'm about to buy soon and it'll basically come down to getting whatever keeps my knees furthest away from the handlebars and ignition key!! I split my time bet LOS and Malaysia and I'm buying in Malaysia this time so in order of likelihood it'll be

1) 2013 Honda Airblade

2) Nouvo LC (Elegance) 135 (but a bit dated now I think - sadly, no SX in Malaysia)

3) PCX 150 (too much of a cruiser style for me, I get pushed too far back up the seat and well away from the handle bars).

Well one may think from the description and appearance that all it offers is 16" wheels and a rear disc brake.

Sure it is 153 cc same as the PCX but that is where the similarity ends.

SH150 has about 2hp more and quite a lot of potential, if one is into that.

Edited by VocalNeal

Well one may think from the description and appearance that all it offers is 16" wheels and a rear disc brake.

Sure it is 153 cc same as the PCX but that is where the similarity ends.

SH150 has about 2hp more and quite a lot of potential, if one is into that.

The SH is larger so the 2 extra HP may not offer superior performance over the PCX150.

If you check them out side by side, component by component, it is clear the SH costs more to manufacture.

It's overbuilt for the 150cc motor. In Europe, Honda is putting a 300cc with ABS in the SH.

I was heading down Thepprasit Rd the other day and I passed a white one being ridden by some big guy. He didn't look cramped. Some of the big guys on PCX's sit on the back seat with their big knobbly knees swingin' in the breeze.....which I find amusing!

I was heading down Thepprasit Rd the other day and I passed a white one being ridden by some big guy. He didn't look cramped. Some of the big guys on PCX's sit on the back seat with their big knobbly knees swingin' in the breeze.....which I find amusing!

At first glance, they look just like any step through scooter. The size difference is only noticeable though when parked next to another scooter.

I read that it was designed in Rome at Hondas office for the bigger people and rougher roads. Everything is scaled up to husky size.

The only change I would recommend is to push back the seat hump an inch or so and order a taller windscreen if you are over 6 foot tall.

Thanks, I'll give them a call. Having no luck with the Forza in Bangkok and Sri Racha's not to far away.

Andy

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

If you know the model you want, they will bring one right over and do the paperwork right at your house today I bet.

Interesting. Do you know if they have any Forza 300's in stock?

Thanks

Andy

When I was out there they had one Matt Black and one Red at the dealership on the traffic light corner. The other branch down the road may have more.

Called them today. Very helpful but no Forza's. Apparently Honda have stopped bringing them in until they resolve the rear drive issue (or whatever it is). Mr Noi had no idea when they will start again but he has my number so will contact me when he has more info.

Impressed by the service though.

Andy

Thanks

Andy

When I was out there they had one Matt Black and one Red at the dealership on the traffic light corner.  The other branch down the road may have more.

No Forza's unfortunately, maybe they were PCX's?

Called them today. Very helpful but no Forza's. Apparently Honda have stopped bringing them in until they resolve the rear drive issue (or whatever it is). Mr Noi had no idea when they will start again but he has my number so will contact me when he has more info.

Impressed by the service though.

Andy

OK then scrub my Soi 71 suggestion!

Thanks

Andy

When I was out there they had one Matt Black and one Red at the dealership on the traffic light corner. The other branch down the road may have more.

Sorry, wrong info I must have PCX150 on the brain! I didn't see any Forza.

I've been looking at upgrading my Yamaha Nouvo 110cc after it flipped me the other month, and also have decided on the SH 150i.

Ordered mine from the Honda dealer on Soi Phrakhanong, BKK. 96K out the door, with the windshield, rear box, insurance etc. Paid a 3K deposit and will collect this Saturday.

I can't see these being that popular with the Thais as there's no 'flash for your cash', just understated build quality and under the hood technology. Let's see.

Ordered mine from the Honda dealer on Soi Phrakhanong, BKK. 96K out the door, with the windshield, rear box, insurance etc. Paid a 3K deposit and will collect this Saturday.

Just got back from there looking for something else. Last Wednesday they had a white one with windshield and a black one without

I wondered where they had gone!

I just drove past there today and the black model, which was on display yesterday is gone. The sales lady told me this bike was already ordered, when I ordered mine.

The free windshield and rear box (7,200 ฿) are only available with the first 1K bikes sold in the country. So it looks like Honda has still yet to sell 1,000 units since the SH 150i's launch last June. Unless that's just PR BS.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app