Rwandan woman arrested at Bangkok's Don Mueang airport with 2kg of 'ice'

webfact

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pity the woman... We don't know her past or how she became to be a smuggler. ...... What has this "War on Drugs" accomplished but to punish the poor. Drugs aren't evil, governments are.

I'm sorry to disagree but as a person who deals with drug addicts - mostly "ice" addicts on a daily basis I think this is a completely ignorant statement. Meth and "ice", or crystal meth particularly, is highly addictive.

The vast majority of addicts are young people - under 30, and in the prime of their lives. Many start off their addiction due to peer pressure, many also first start whilst intoxicated as nightclubs. Common-sense is dulled, at first, by alcohol. Cheap meth is followed up by an often quick trip into ice. Within weeks the weekend party scene stretches into the whole week. Money and self-esteem disappears.

Then comes the lies and deception to family and friends to get money to feed the habit. Crime - robberies, further drug-dealing or house-breaking, eventually become a necessity for most. Very few are ever able to break this addiction without serious help and intervention. The mental & physical harm the addicts do to themselves is shocking. Just follow this to see some comparative photos - http://www.thegooddrugsguide.com/gallery/before-and-after-drug-abuse/crystal-meth-abuse/index.htm

Pity this drug mule? I don't. I see the results wreaked on others by people like her too frequently.

It is people like this woman who carry this drug so that a cheap supply is maintained gathering more and more into the terrible soul-destroying web our young get sucked into. Just so she can make a quick buck!

She made a very conscious decision to wreak havoc on others - and now is just paying the price that they otherwise would have.