Peppers Bakery Ubon.

hellyes2oo2

cheers mate, i was at franks is Sisaket last week, and he sold me a couple of what looked like oversized burger buns. do you have them everyday cheers

Frank uses them for his Schnitzel burgers. They are very nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

cheers mate, i was at franks is Sisaket last week, and he sold me a couple of what looked like oversized burger buns.

Oversized burger buns? The burgers are huge at Peppers and the 200 gram burger paddies and bacon, cheese, onion and salad fit just perfectly between them! :)

• Like 1

Watch this space as its coming soon. I have just sold the business and the new owners will be updating and creating the new website shortly. On saying that, I would like to thank all of my many customers and friends that have supported me over the past 3.5 years. I have had a wonderful time chatting over a cuppa or two and meeting the varying characters that make up this wonderful city of Ubon. I will be taking a break for a couple of months then think about whats next.

The new owners are Julian and Uriel and they bring a wealth of experience to Peppers as they come from a strong restaurant back ground in the US. I would like to welcome them to Ubon Ratchathani and I wish them every success in their new business at Peppers Bakery.

Cheers to you all and thank you again.

Regards

John

I was wondering when you were going to announce this to the Issan world! smile.png

As the previous owner before John I would like to say a big well done to him for continuing on with our project and continuing to build a successful business that has been much welcomed and used by both locals, expats and tourists in Ubon. He spent many hours building it up and making many great improvements. I have heard a lot about the new owners and look forward to meeting them soon, all the best Julian and Uriel.

Not only has John built a great business he has also helped out so many people behind the scenes which most locals would be completely unaware of. If you do decide to leave Ubon John I know for a fact you will be greatly missed. All the best mate.

I like the way he always finds time to acknowledge customers, whether regulars or strangers; along with his great staff it means that Peppers is a very nice place to sit and relax. Thanks for the little chats and the Earl Grey!

He'll be a hard act to follow - like coming on after Springsteen!

Elwood

• Like 1

Do Peppers have a website with all their products listed and priced.

Watch this space as its coming soon. I have just sold the business and the new owners will be updating and creating the new website shortly. On saying that, I would like to thank all of my many customers and friends that have supported me over the past 3.5 years. I have had a wonderful time chatting over a cuppa or two and meeting the varying characters that make up this wonderful city of Ubon. I will be taking a break for a couple of months then think about whats next.

The new owners are Julian and Uriel and they bring a wealth of experience to Peppers as they come from a strong restaurant back ground in the US. I would like to welcome them to Ubon Ratchathani and I wish them every success in their new business at Peppers Bakery.

Regards

John

Thanks for the nice times, I had at your place. And thanks to your fantastic staff. Wish you the best for the future. Cheers-wai2.gif

Edited by sirchai

So when i come to buy my "oversized burger buns" can i buy the burgers with them to take home and cook myself. Also do peppers make a good pie, like mince and onion, meat and potatoe, steak. It is very hard to get a good pie in Thailand. I have tried Staffords from Prassat, they were average but very dry, no moisture. Steve from Buriram were better, and his corned beef pasties are great. But i long for a good pie. cheers guys.

Thank you for all the kind words.

It won't be a piece of cake ( pun intended smile.png ) to follow in Johns footsteps, but we look forward to this opportunity and challenge.

Since we are new to Ubon...and Thailand for that fact, please give us some time to find the correct business contacts to revamp the website ( www.peppersbakery.com ) and a few other things.

As John mentioned in an earlier post, that we come from the hospitality Industry in the US. However, we are originally from Germany, so Bread and other bakery goods are very important to us as well. Sometime later on my wife, Bee, will join Peppers as well.

We look forward to stay in Ubon for maaaaaaany years to come and meet a lot of new and interesting people.

Thank you again John for the opportunity.

And Andrew, I look forward to meeting you as well. And don't worry, we'll take well care of your baby.

Julian

Hi Julian, you are originally from Germany, does it means I can get Schwarzbrot, Pumpernickel , Laugenbroetchen etc. in the future. My friend in Sisaket (Franks) is looking for it too.

Have a good time.

And Andrew, I look forward to meeting you as well. And don't worry, we'll take well care of your baby.

Julian

Hi Julian, that is great to hear! I really enjoy bringing my family in for coffee and cake on the other side of the counter! Long may it continue!

So when i come to buy my "oversized burger buns" can i buy the burgers with them to take home and cook myself. Also do peppers make a good pie, like mince and onion, meat and potatoe, steak. It is very hard to get a good pie in Thailand. I have tried Staffords from Prassat, they were average but very dry, no moisture. Steve from Buriram were better, and his corned beef pasties are great. But i long for a good pie. cheers guys.

peppers pies are great !

good variety and tasty . its just makes me cranky that he sells out every time i get in there , but then i too sleep in till 4 p.m.

rob

• Like 1

End of an era John! Hate to see you go, though I'm sure Peppers is in good hands. We had the pleasure of meeting and chatting awhile with Julian & Bee a few days ago. No doubt they will continue the tradition of good food and friendly, welcoming owners at Peppers. Wishing you all the best John on your next adventure, and lots of success to Julian, Bee, and Uriel.

~Brent

• Like 1

To answer both your questions with on word: Yes :)

Thank you for all the kind words.

It won't be a piece of cake ( pun intended smile.png ) to follow in Johns footsteps, but we look forward to this opportunity and challenge.

Since we are new to Ubon...and Thailand for that fact, please give us some time to find the correct business contacts to revamp the website ( www.peppersbakery.com ) and a few other things.

As John mentioned in an earlier post, that we come from the hospitality Industry in the US. However, we are originally from Germany, so Bread and other bakery goods are very important to us as well. Sometime later on my wife, Bee, will join Peppers as well.

We look forward to stay in Ubon for maaaaaaany years to come and meet a lot of new and interesting people.

Thank you again John for the opportunity.

Julian

Hi Julian, you are originally from Germany, does it means I can get Schwarzbrot, Pumpernickel , Laugenbroetchen etc. in the future. My friend in Sisaket (Franks) is looking for it too.

Have a good time.

Bushmill, we would love to do this in the near future, but realistically speaking, it will take some time to find the correct ingredients etc. It is definitely something we would like to do down the road some time. I LOVE Laugenbroetchen. Near future we would like to provide fresh Graubrot / Bauernbrot and fresh plain broetchen on regular basis. Our most important mission at the beginning though is to maintain Johns / Peppers standards and get comfortable in that aspect.

We'll have a FaceBook page to keep everyone informed and for people who don't use Facebook ( like me for example ), we'll have updates on our website.

Will pop in and have a chat with you guys this week. Wir koennen dann ueber Schwarzwaelder Bauernbrot, Laugenbrezeln, Schwarzbrot und "Obatztn" sprechen.

Auf Wienerschnitzel..-wai2.gif

Edited by sirchai

Well. I finally made Peppers this morning at about 9-30am. I was very impressed by the shop, very clean and well set out. I met a guy who I think was the guy who just sold the place, and he was very ameanable. I got my "Oversized burger buns" and i also bought a loaf of bread, only one until I know if I like it. I also bought some pies, which I have to say looked delicious, and I will be trying them in about 1 hour along with the bread. i also bought a couple of burgers, once again to find if I liked them. And my wife, like all thais has a sweet tooth, and so she bought a black forest cake and a white chocolate cake. she loved them.

If I can have a small critisism, when I walk into a bakery early in the morning in the Uk, the first thing I want is the smell of freshly baked bread, unfortunately I didn't get it, which tells me that the bread I bought wasn't baked today. And when you go into a bakery in the Uk there is always a display of freshly baked bread.That wasn't there.

I am about to eat my pie, with chips and gravy, and I hope to have a really good chip butty. will let you know soon if I enjoyed it.

Here I am reporting back. I have always been very picky about food. Back in the Uk, my wife had to buy a fresh loaf of bread everyday, I could not eat bread that was more than a day old. As for pastry I am used to pastry that is made with lard, and not butter. I realise that lard is very hard to come by in Thailand.

Sadly as soon as I opened the bread i bought today, it had a slight vanilla smell to it, which told me that it had been made with butter, I don't know if it was thai or australian butter, but I just could not eat it, and the same thing applied to the pastry in the pie. The filling of the pie was great, it had a good hint of pepper about it, and I love pepper.

As I said I can only eat bread that is baked on the day I buy it.

And obviously this bread was not baked today. The thing I don't understand is that my "Over sized Burger Buns" taste fantastic, do they use a different recipe for these buns.

As I said a great looking shop, but sadly for me, not what I am looking for. Please don't give me loads of grief over my comments, because obviously not all our tastebuds are the same. Many people will love Peppers bread and pies, but sadly not for me.

• Like 1

Do Peppers have a website with all their products listed and priced.

Regards

John

Only been to Peppers once since I don't get out much but it were great, only good things to say about the place. The food were great and the kids loved the whole cake I bought, gone in less than 30 minutes.

I wish the new owners all the best of luck and I will try to drop by when I can. One suggestions is if you have a bakery there make the brown bread, I think its called Rye bread and I am Danish and I know I am not the only one looking for real bread.

https://www.google.com/search?q=rugbroed&safe=off&espv=210&es_sm=93&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=TmFyUvj9JIaLrQf6kYDoDg&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAQ&biw=1360&bih=677 this is wht I am talking about and I am sure you have it Germany as well

• Like 1

Yep; same for me. Only good things to say about ALL the products I have tried from Peppers over the past 4 years, especially the Cakes. Whenever we have kids parties in the village then only Peppers cakes will do .. any others bought from other locations we are given sneers as though we have failed.

Once again i am not in anyway saying anything bad about peppers products. This is just about personal taste. The things that i originally went for the burger buns are great, and i agree about the cakes they too are absolutely great. It was just that the bread wasn't to my liking, the filling in the mince and onion pie was also really tasty, but the pastry not to my liking. Sorry if i have upset anyone.

• Like 1