Peppers Bakery Ubon.

hellyes2oo2

Once again i am not in anyway saying anything bad about peppers products. This is just about personal taste. The things that i originally went for the burger buns are great, and i agree about the cakes they too are absolutely great. It was just that the bread wasn't to my liking, the filling in the mince and onion pie was also really tasty, but the pastry not to my liking. Sorry if i have upset anyone.

If you had lived in Ubon 20 years ago the only bread you could have purchased would have been sweet white bread made with rice flour. In those days there were no Big Cs. no Makros, no Tesco lotus and definitely no Peppers. The choice of breads in Ubon hass never been greater. I suggest you make your own bread. Many expats do. Then your whole house will smell of fresh baking.

• Like 1

Thank you for your feedback, comments and compliments.

We will try to get a small but good bread variety on our shelves, but we will need time for this. There are currently many other things we have to do...most importantly maintain the standards. Once we're "settled in", we'll start looking in to adding / adjusting items.

We will try to get a small but good bread variety on our shelves, but we will need time for this. There are currently many other things we have to do...most importantly maintain the standards. Once we're "settled in", we'll start looking in to adding / adjusting items.

Good luck with everything in your new project, NewPix; I look forward to meeting you soon.

I will be the one wearing Lederhosen, an Arsenal FC 2003/4 shirt, and a copy of Anglers Monthly under my right arm.

Do Peppers have a website with all their products listed and priced.

Watch this space as its coming soon. I have just sold the business and the new owners will be updating and creating the new website shortly. On saying that, I would like to thank all of my many customers and friends that have supported me over the past 3.5 years. I have had a wonderful time chatting over a cuppa or two and meeting the varying characters that make up this wonderful city of Ubon. I will be taking a break for a couple of months then think about whats next.

The new owners are Julian and Uriel and they bring a wealth of experience to Peppers as they come from a strong restaurant back ground in the US. I would like to welcome them to Ubon Ratchathani and I wish them every success in their new business at Peppers Bakery.

Cheers to you all and thank you again.

Regards

John

Only been to Peppers once since I don't get out much but it were great, only good things to say about the place. The food were great and the kids loved the whole cake I bought, gone in less than 30 minutes.

I wish the new owners all the best of luck and I will try to drop by when I can. One suggestions is if you have a bakery there make the brown bread, I think its called Rye bread and I am Danish and I know I am not the only one looking for real bread.

https://www.google.com/search?q=rugbroed&safe=off&espv=210&es_sm=93&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=TmFyUvj9JIaLrQf6kYDoDg&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAQ&biw=1360&bih=677 this is wht I am talking about and I am sure you have it Germany as well

Im pretty sure rye bread is available in the bakery section at the new Tops supermarket in Central Plaza. Just to put my 2 cents worth I think that the white and brown bread at Peppers is far superior to any bread you will find at Big C, Tesco or Makro. If you want to taste some really sickly sweet white bread go to the Phillipines and buy their version of white bread.

Good luck with everything in your new project, NewPix; I look forward to meeting you soon.

I will be the one wearing Lederhosen, an Arsenal FC 2003/4 shirt, and a copy of Anglers Monthly under my right arm.

Fantastic. Someone I can talk football with. You'll see me in my Borussia Dortmund Jersey...I'm sure you heard of them ;)

Well Niwpix, when i come bacl next month, and i will be back, for my oversized burger buns, i will wear my Manchester City shirt, and you can talk to a real football man. And if that "Arsenal" guy wants to join in, we can talk about the last time his team won a trophy, HA HA. Just joking Patriot.

Well Niwpix, when i come bacl next month, and i will be back, for my oversized burger buns, i will wear my Manchester City shirt, and you can talk to a real football man. And if that "Arsenal" guy wants to join in, we can talk about the last time his team won a trophy, HA HA. Just joking Patriot.

Ooh; Ouch ... you know where to hit a bloke where it hurts (That's why I'll be wearing the 2003/4 strip!!)

I strongly believe in the comfort of nostalgia thumbsup.gif

Well. I finally made Peppers this morning at about 9-30am. I was very impressed by the shop, very clean and well set out. I met a guy who I think was the guy who just sold the place, and he was very ameanable. I got my "Oversized burger buns" and i also bought a loaf of bread, only one until I know if I like it. I also bought some pies, which I have to say looked delicious, and I will be trying them in about 1 hour along with the bread. i also bought a couple of burgers, once again to find if I liked them. And my wife, like all thais has a sweet tooth, and so she bought a black forest cake and a white chocolate cake. she loved them.

If I can have a small critisism, when I walk into a bakery early in the morning in the Uk, the first thing I want is the smell of freshly baked bread, unfortunately I didn't get it, which tells me that the bread I bought wasn't baked today. And when you go into a bakery in the Uk there is always a display of freshly baked bread.That wasn't there.

I am about to eat my pie, with chips and gravy, and I hope to have a really good chip butty. will let you know soon if I enjoyed it.

I'm sorry to say that, but the owners have just changed yesterday. You might have to wait only a short period of time to have that fantastic smell in the morning.

It's not really easy to start such a business, being relatively new in Thailand. But I'm pretty sure there'll be some positive changes in the near future..-wai2.gif

Then I'll wait for you wearing my "Bayern Muenchen" shirt and we can have a chat about hooligans who like to eat burgers.-coffee1.gif

Sirchai, how very harsh of you to suggest that arsenal and Borussia fans are burger eating hooligans. You obviously can't be referring to me, because i fill my buns with crispy bacon, eggs and tomatoes. My best friend in Thailand is a german guy down in Pattaya, he owns a bar there. Everytime he tries to tell me how superior the german people are over the brits I have a little saying for him "2 world wars and 1 world cup <deleted> ya <deleted> ya". all in good fun mate. I remeber you trying to do all you could to help Gerhardt a while ago, he lived about 2 kilometres from me, and i always found him to be a good man, but after he split from his wife and moved to Sisaket, i rarely saw him. anyway hope we meet one day for a beer and a BURGER.

• Like 1

Sirchai, how very harsh of you to suggest that arsenal and Borussia fans are burger eating hooligans. You obviously can't be referring to me, because i fill my buns with crispy bacon, eggs and tomatoes. My best friend in Thailand is a german guy down in Pattaya, he owns a bar there. Everytime he tries to tell me how superior the german people are over the brits I have a little saying for him "2 world wars and 1 world cup <deleted> ya <deleted> ya". all in good fun mate. I remeber you trying to do all you could to help Gerhardt a while ago, he lived about 2 kilometres from me, and i always found him to be a good man, but after he split from his wife and moved to Sisaket, i rarely saw him. anyway hope we meet one day for a beer and a BURGER.

Will be great to meet you there for a beer and perhaps a burger. Please don't be upset, when I don't wear my "Lederhosen", as it's way too hot.

Gerhardt was good friend, when he lived in Sisaket, he was just one km away from my place. The woman from Uthumphon came by that house and they beat the shit out of him and the other woman he was staying with from Sisaket.

It's about a year now when Gerd had to go. Will tell you all when we meet, by the way, I'm Mike.-wai2.gif

To someone called "HULU" u sent me a pm, unfortunately i cannot reply for some reason. Also I don't understand your question. All I can say is that I have never owned Peppers, I don't know if your question is supposed to be genuine or pure sarcasm, so please explain it to me.

Well I have now recieved 3 pm's from hulu, and i am still none the wiser as to who he is or what his question means.

Maybe the wonders of Google Translate in action here?????

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Well I have now recieved 3 pm's from hulu, and i am still none the wiser as to who he is or what his question means.

Might be an "extinct" language, who knows?-Posted Image

Whatever is going on Hellyes2002, I respectfully suggest the best answer is "silence"

It's not worth getting involved in other peoples pickles.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Okay I understand it now.

Hulu is involved with the new ownership of Peppers. He had some questions for me as a former owner but must have got hellyes2oo2 and myself mixed up. English is not his first language hence it was a little hard to understand at first. All good!