I do not know what visa to get

Greetings

I will be coming over soon and I will have to get a visa as I plan is to stay more than 30 days could be up to 90 but I very much doubt it more likely to be around 60 What visa do I get.If under 90 days will I have to do a visa run.I am a retired Australian citizen.I will be only staying in Thailand not going anywhere else,Does any one know what the costs of the visa is and is it safe to send your passport in the mail in prepaid postal bag etc.How long do you like the turn around would be to mail it and when I get the visa how long before I have to use it

Thank you

Your best bet might be the standard 60 day tourist visa, which you can get from the embassy in Canberra, and most consulate offices, Sydney etc. As for cost and how long it takes you're best googling for your nearest consulate and see all the details there.

You can get a single entry tourist visa that gives a 60 day entry that can be extended by 30 days at immigration.

Or if 50 or over you could get a single entry non-o visa that would give you a 90 entry that costs the equivalent of 2000 bhat from one of the honorary consulates in OZ.

You can do a mail in to any of the honorary consulates for either visa. Many people do the mail in by overnight delivery with no problem. They normally do same day turnaround of mail in applications.

Contact info here: http://canberra.thaiembassy.org/consulate.html

A 60 day tourist visa can be extended , if needed, at a local immigration office, for a further 30 days at a cost of 19000 Bht.

I think you put an extra zero on the cost of an extension (should be 1900).

But a single O visa works out 900 baht cheaper than single tourist visa at 1000 baht plus 1900 for extension plus no trip to immigration needed.

• Like 1