Good Help from Big C on Warranty Repair

cigar7

I bought a Mitsubishi air conditioner from Pattaya Klang Big C Nov. 2012, which has a 1 year warranty. It was installed by Suban Air. The AC failed, would not turn on 3 weeks ago. Called Suban who said I had to contact Mitsubishi. Phoned the Mitsubishi customer help line, who dispatched Numchai technicians to fix it. 3 days later, Numchai came in, looked at it confirmed it was broken, they took a copy of the warranty card, told me he would be back in 3 or 4 days to fix it, because a warranty claim had to filed and approved by Mitsubishi, and then the parts had to be delivered to him. Numchai returned one week later, installed the parts, a motor and printed circuit board, but upon testing, the unit failed to blow cold air. Numchai examined the compressor and told me it was incorrectly wired and Big C. had to fix it. Mitsubushi was not responsible for an incorrectly installed unit.

I went to Big C, explained the issue customer service and then to the Mitsubishi salesman at Big C, who first said Suban only guaranteed their work for 3 months and I had to pay to fix. The Suban install document states 1 year warranty. Then we went to see the store manager, with a new Big C translator lady. They hired a translator for who speaks Italian, English, and some Russian. Store manager examined the documents, listened to the translator explain the situation, then made a phone call to their new AC installing firm. The repairmen arrived at 7pm same day and had everything working by 7:45pm, no charge.

It is nice to get free warranty service, and it is available at BIg C! Make sure you keep all documents, receipts, warranty cards, install invoices.

Edited by cigar7
  • Like 1

Worked out great, but it would be better if you could go to BigC with your problem and that THEY take care of everyting rather than you.

For this case you had to deal with 5 companies: the seller (BigC), the installer #1(Suban), the installer #2 (?), tha manufacturer (Mitsubishi) and the service company for manuafacturer (Numchai).

But ok, it worked out thanks to BigC's cooperation.

• Like 1

Yes you are right, it would have been fantastic if I could have made one phone call, and have things fixed next day or within a week, rather than dealing with multiple people over a 3 week period. But this is Thailand, and it is rare to get any kind of professional, competent, polite, low cost or no-cost, no hassle service for appliances or building construction trade projects, like electrical work, based on past experience. Most try to find a reason to make you pay more, or accept no responsibility or accountability.