Is there any kind of pet rescue place here in CM?

Kiniyeow

Had a dog from Care for Dogs a couple of years ago, they're very good, make sure all shots are up to date, recommend a vet and give you a schedule for further shots.

The dog's been as healthy as I could have hoped, ever playful, great around the extended family, angry with anyone who comes less frequently than the postman.

We've just been at Carefordogs this Friday. They had 2 puppies left, or rather teenagers. So now it's only one...I guess :). We get the little boy on Wednesday as they currently have a quarantine.

It's a bit difficult to find, without Navi you probably get lost. Here are the GPS coordinates: 18.717319, 98.90826

http://www.carefordogs.org/

• Like 1

We have adopted two wonderful dogs from Care For Dogs. Both were older and had been brought into the shelter from a not so good life outside.

Please, make some donations to these wonderful organizations as they are doing the world lots of good - one dog at a time.

The best rescue place for dogs is the street. Look around and you will see many potential good friends around without a home. If they are friendly and you feed them..you have it for life...Street dogs are smart, independent, loyal, strong and low maintenance....

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

After helping out a local soi dog in a fight (against another soi dog) two days ago, I now find myself with a new loyal friend. He is a bit of a local celebrity and everybody has been feeding him and his dog wife since his owner left town a couple of years ago, but now he sleeps in our yards an protects it like its his! Cool, no problems there.

We just want to get both of them sterilised and vaccinated asap, but I'm unsure of how well they will be received at the vets office (he is ok looking but his wife is a bit haggard) and I'm also not sure if he'll kick up or bite other dogs once there. She is of a gentle nature and will be good.

Any ideas? Our car isn't really suitable nor do we have a cage/s for them. Does anyone know if a vet or rescue place will pick them up? I will happily pay for the privilege. If not, we could get hold of a tray back suv next week I think.

Any ideas would be welcome.

the sois are one big pet rescue.

They are also one big orgy.

She has already had one lot of pups that I know of and we don't want another, not on our property anyway.

Helpful posts only please....

See if you can put collars and leashes on them...don't worry about what others think...The vet will appreciate your good deed but you might wish to get their immunization shots as well. A few bucks but it's well worth it..

If you can get even one of them into the vet esp the female .do it as you are halfway there...

Gook luck...

2 points I would like to make:

1. That anyone who decides to take in a dog, has ample room on their property so that the dog has no need to stray out into communal and public areas.

2. And this is the most important, that as a dog owner you are able and secure enough in Thailand to remain here for at least the next 15 years to see out the dog`s lifetime.

Otherwise if unable to guarantee any of the 2 above mentioned, than buy a goldfish or a hamster instead.

Edited by Beetlejuice

Thanks for the replies everyone, but I'm afraid I have bad news.

Both the dogs have gone missing and I presume dead. I feel this because the male dog I defended and took in kept picking fights with the other male dog from the other day. It seemed he really had a boost of confidence with the new pack leader (me) and went about defending his territory with a vengeance. He had a limp where he was injured in subsequent fights after I saved him and the other dog is much bigger and younger too. (After the fight were I saved him he came up to me, licked my foot and laid belly up to me in submission. He never done that to anyone here before).

Anyway, they have been missing since yesterday and this morning the other male quickly came into our yard for a sniff and pee, then ran off straight away when he saw me. I think he either ran them out of his territory when I wasn't here, or ran them out and killed them.

If I find them I'll let you all know.