Is £5000 enough

Martinl2022

Hi I'm going to Thailand at the end of November and wondered if 5000 British pound would last me for 2 months, I intend to go to Bangkok pattaya maybe udon for 2 weeks and thinking about going to see a few off the islands just I'm unsure whether my budget is big enough??

I also think you will be fine on that.

regarding Pattaya in particular, there`s such a wide range of places to stay, eat and drink ( if you do) plus getting around is cheap, quite easily.

BKK, I know very little about.

Udon I`ve visited, (flying from BKK with Air Asia ) seemed good value.

Enjoy your trip.smile.png

Put it another way, thats around 2 yrs salary to an average Thai, you need it for two months.

Depends entirely on what you intend to do, with who and where, remember a fool and his money are soon parted and dont leave your common sense in the departure lounge.

Have fun !

works out at around 4000 baht a day by my calculations. you should be fine even for a newbie. but i dont know what the current bar fine, etc, prices are.

for food drink travel and accommodation you got no worries.

Bar fine is anything from 200bt Pat's to 500+ BKK. not that I know first hand of cause.

Of course it depends what you want to do?!

Hotel and eating = okay.

Bar fines every night = not okay.

If it's your first time, you want to enjoy yourself with trips, girls, drinking (in moderation) bit of shopping etc then maybe have a bit of extra in reserve :-)

Don't leave your brain at the airport. Don't start ringing bar bells in Pattaya or anywhere else for that matter. Ringing that bell can cost you a lot of Baht, especially as you will be buying for everyone and the bar girls will make sure you pay BG prices for all their drinks.

What the h_ll. Go, have fun :)