Declaration of address to the police for long stay alien (retired)

To day I had to go, for the first time ever, for my 90 days notification of address in Nathon (Samui) on retirement visa .

Since it's the first time I Googled "Thailand immigration" went to their website, saw a download page, downloaded by curiosity a form, the download was not good in spite of many tries I finally understood that it was written with "Angsana new" and its a Thai font (yes) and Microsoft Word made the compatibility with another font, anyhow to my surprise it says:

" Form for allien to notify their change of address or their stay in the province for over 24 hours"

Does that means that if we are in Thailand for a long stay (retired) we are supposed to declare to the police if we stay anywhere more than 24h ? Not sur I understood properly

Thai-immi-address tm28.docx

Reporting by way of TM28 is not enforced. The 24 hour reporting is from the immigration act of 1979 when things were a lot different here.

Did you find the TM47 form for 90 day reports?

You can download forms in PDF format by clicking the Adobe logo on left side of form name line.

Edited by ubonjoe

Reporting by way of TM28 is not enforced. The 24 hour reporting is from the immigration act of 1979 when things were a lot different here. Did you find the TM47 form for 90 day reports? You can download forms in PDF format by clicking the Adobe logo on left side of form name line.

yes OK I found it... but my downloaded version is not very good I could not use it, as I said I am on Mac not PC I will try with Windows later since I have it on my Mac with Parallels Desktop.

Anyhow thanks for your answer I understand bettertongue.png

Can anyone tell how many days in advance of the due date I can do my 90 day reporting? I know you can be up to 5 days late but can I do it say 10 days early?

15 days before 7 days after, since its important I copy paste the text on immigration website, so you are sure 100% smile.png

Notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days Procedure and notification
  1. The foreigner makes the notification in person, or
  2. The foreigner authorises another person to make the notification, or
  3. The foreigner makes the notification by registered mail.
  4. The notification must be made within 15 days before or after 7 days the period of 90 days expires.
  5. The first application for extension of stay by the foreigner is equivalent to the notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days.
Offices accepting notification:
  1. Immigration offices throughout the country
  2. For foreigners who residing in Bangkok contact at Immigration Division1 Office, Chalermprakiat Government Complex,Chaengwattana Rd., Laksi ,Bangkok
  3. For foreigners carrying out duties relating to the specific law : Immigration Act , Proleum Act / Board of Investment Act / Industrial Estate Authority of Thailand Act. contact at sub-division 3 Visa extension units, Chamchuree Square Building, Floor 18 , Phatumwan, Bangkok.
  4. For special Labor of three Nationalities Laos , Cambodia and Myanmar residing in Bangkok contact at Major Hollywood Susawad 1st Floor or Imperial Ladproaw 5th Floor
Notification by registered mail
  1. Photocopy of passport pages with following pages

- front page showing name / surname / Passport No., ect.

- current visa

- last entry stamp of immigration

- last extension of visa

2. Photocopy of departure card TM.6 click to view Example TM.6 card
  3. Previous notifications of staying over 90 days (if any) click to view Example document
  4. Completely filled in and signed notification form TM.47 click to view Example document (Don't forget to sign name.)
  5. Envelope with 10 Baht stamp affixed and return address of foreigner for the officer in charge to send back the lower part of form TM. 47 after having received the notification. This part must be kept for reference and for future notifications of staying over 90 days.
  6. The above mentioned documents must be sent by registered mail and the receipt of the registration kept by the foreigner.

Send the mail before the renewal date 15 days to Immigration office

If it's your first report, I'd suggest doing it in person just to make sure you're complying with the local requirements and using the correct office.

I live in northern Thailand near the Laos border. With my previous (TR) Tourist Visa, extensions could only be made in Chiang Rai (Mae Sai District office). But now with a Non 'O" 90-day reporting they said I had to to it through Chiang Sean District office (???), even through I reside in Chiang Khong District. Decided to go into the CK District office anyway and ask, and yes I could report there... 5-days early or 3-days late (OK, just as well). Oh, the CK office don't do Re-Entry applications. I have to go to the actual border office for that.

Interestingly, when I first came to Thailand the CK District Immigration office then said they only processed Asian Passports (had stacks and stacks of Chinese Passports waiting for stamps) and hardly gave me a moments attention before summarily dismissing me. It's all so confusing.

Anyway, wasted trip to Chiang Rai, logically tried the more local CK office again and avoided the way out of the way to trip to Chiang Saen.

Moral to my story: On the first report in an area, check personally ahead of time and politely ask for 'their' requirements. While some offices may be 'laid back', others may be 'picky' or just very unusual. And be prepared to politely ask a different person if the first answer doesn't sound logical.

Edited by RichCor

That's why I was asking.

Been reporting for years in Bangkok but now spend half my time in a Chayapoum village.

The nearest immigration office is quite a long drive away up there and as you say going to a new office things may be diiferent. Want to get my report done now in BKK and go away for a month.

If it's your first report, I'd suggest doing it in person just to make sure you're complying with the local requirements and using the correct office.

I live in northern Thailand near the Laos border. With my previous (TR) Tourist Visa, extensions could only be made in Chiang Rai (Mae Sai District office). But now with a Non 'O" 90-day reporting they said I had to to it through Chiang Sean District office (???), even through I reside in Chiang Khong District. Decided to go into the CK District office anyway and ask, and yes I could report there... 5-days early or 3-days late (OK, just as well). Oh, the CK office don't do Re-Entry applications. I have to go to the actual border office for that.

Interestingly, when I first came to Thailand the CK District Immigration office then said they only processed Asian Passports (had stacks and stacks of Chinese Passports waiting for stamps) and hardly gave me a moments attention before summarily dismissing me. It's all so confusing.

Anyway, wasted trip to Chiang Rai, logically tried the more local CK office again and avoided the way out of the way to trip to Chiang Saen.

Moral to my story: On the first report in an area, check personally ahead of time and politely ask for 'their' requirements. While some offices may be 'laid back', others may be 'picky' or just very unusual. And be prepared to politely ask a different person if the first answer doesn't sound logical.

I always always ask very politely and smilingly smile.png

last time we did ours in Nathon, they just gave us a slip of scrap paper to write the address on, and asked for that and the passport only. Not sure if they had just temporarily run out of forms or what.

I always do my form before leaving the house (or give to it my wife to to do it).

You can download and print it out. http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/download/pdf/tm47.pdf

last time we did ours in Nathon, they just gave us a slip of scrap paper to write the address on, and asked for that and the passport only. Not sure if they had just temporarily run out of forms or what.

It seems no form any more, yesterday I went to Nathon, asked politely for a TM47form, I was told, "finit now we have bar code" She gave me a little piece of paper the size of a credit card, "your address here", nothing more even thought it was the first time I hardly wait 5 minutes and that's all.