What have you ever achieved here in Thailand?

Darren McKenzie

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More than a few inches off my gut, an addiction to chilli, increased patience, basic command of Thai, increased motorcycle rider awareness skills.

Most importantly however, time to think.

Expect to achieve more in year 2.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I came and built roads and airports and provided infrastructure and security for Thailand from the forces that were trying to do the same thing that was happening in the rest of South East Asia.

Today, I drive on the roads that I built and fly out of airports that I constructed and interact with Thai people that would have been dead if I had not come to Thailand.

wai.gif But they still won't let you buy a square talang wah of land!

Yup true. I seem to remember one fellow that got The Most Exalted Order of the White Elephant and then got kicked out of the country, Funny that eh?

I came and built roads and airports and provided infrastructure and security for Thailand from the forces that were trying to do the same thing that was happening in the rest of South East Asia.

Today, I drive on the roads that I built and fly out of airports that I constructed and interact with Thai people that would have been dead if I had not come to Thailand.

wai.gif But they still won't let you buy a square talang wah of land!

Yup true. I seem to remember one fellow that got The Most Exalted Order of the White Elephant and then got kicked out of the country, Funny that eh?

$39 on ebay. biggrin.pnghttp://www.ebay.com/itm/THAILAND-MEDAL-MOST-EXALTED-ORDER-WHITE-ELEPHANT-FIFTH-CLASS-GENTLEMAN-/110976307945?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19d6b412e9

• Like 1

More than a 100 years ago, The then king of Thailand came to England to ask the help of Queen Victoria, He came to ask help because France wanted to invade Thailand, The English Queen and Germany said no to France, the rest is history. that's what Britain has done for Thailand , long before the second world war, or the 60s.

• Like 1

Have you ever noticed your house looks like a penis 555

quote name="MrWorldwide" post="6981015" timestamp="1383121026"]I think building a home for your Tilac is an accomplishment.

Posted Image

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Sometimes it is about what you haven't done.
I will have left behind no children, debts, discarded cigaret buts or beer cans, and hopefully no regrets. I have been happy to leave others to their own devices as they blaze their own path. I have not shoved strong convictions in the faces of others about what they should do or how they should do it.
I hope that I didn’t get in anyones way while I was enjoying my brief stay on this planet. I will leave nothing but footprints and take away nothing but memories.

"Sometimes it is about what you haven't done"

Simply unbelievable. Success is NEVER judged by what you haven't done.

A man is judged by who he is is and what he has achieved.

You sound depressed, by the way.