Aluminium welding in Pattaya?

dollarman

My factory is at Sattahip and we can weld aluminium, TIG or MIG. I don't normally do jobbing work but if it is only one weld I can help you out. You can PM me for details. If Ocean Marina is closer then, by all means talk to Murray at Gold Coast Ships. I am sure he would help you out.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Thais tend to use a lot of stainless steel rather than aluminium i.e. car "roll bars" etc. Main reason , is it's reasonably priced here in Thailand. For most day to day things they use steel for the simple reason that its a lot cheaper than aluminium and getting someone to paint it is also cheap.

Sent from my Slate 21 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Thais tend to use a lot of stainless steel rather than aluminium i.e. car "roll bars" etc. Main reason , is it's reasonably priced here in Thailand. For most day to day things they use steel for the simple reason that its a lot cheaper than aluminium and getting someone to paint it is also cheap.

You will mean that they use something that " looks " like stainless steel, because where I come from SS doesn't rust and isn't magnetic, but in Thailand it does both .

... because where I come from SS doesn't rust and isn't magnetic, but in Thailand it does both .

Many kinds of stainless-steel. In Europe we call "inox 18/10" or "300-serie" the SS who contains Chrome & Nickel and is not (or very few) magnetic. We use it for kitchen (casseroles) or in boat construction.

The 400-serie contains no Nickel and is magnetic. Harder but weaker. Used for knife blades by example.

If quality is good, they should not rust easily, except if contaminated by another rusted steel part.

You will mean that they use something that " looks " like stainless steel, because where I come from SS doesn't rust and isn't magnetic, but in Thailand it does both .

We work with stainless every day. Like most things you get what you pay for. Use 400 series and it will rust as it is a ferritic grade. Use 304 and it will deal with most things but can get brown stains. Use 316 and you pretty much have no problems. Price increases accordingly. Like I said you get what you pay for.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app