October 30, 201312 yr Hi I have a work permit and a 12 month multi-entry Non-Imm B visa. I'm coming up to my first 90 days. I understood I had to do a border bounce to activate the next 90 days but a few people have mentioned that I can just go to my local immigration office and they will activate it. I think its a new procedure. Can anyone shed any light on this? Thanks
October 30, 201312 yr I think you are way off the mark with your thinking or with advice people have given you. I shall let the experts respond to you.
October 30, 201312 yr Unless you have the paperwork for an extension of stay you will have to exit and return to get a new 90 day stay using visa. If you meet the requirements for extension of stay it would be for one year from immigration and fee would be 1,900 baht using normal TM.7 form. But you would have to meet monthly income requirements for your nationality (if not exempt as teaching) and have full company paperwork. This would be done during the last 30 days of the 90 day visa entry.
October 30, 201312 yr As posted, you must go the border on/before the 'Enter Until' stamp in your passport (this is your 'Permission to Stay'), else you will be on overstay. You can leave Thailand, enter the country you have crossed to, then come straight back and providing you have not reached the 'Enter Before' date given for your One Year Non Immigrant 'B' Multiple Entry Visa, then you will get another 90 day stamp. As Lopburi3 has posted above you may qualify for an 'Extension of Permission to Stay' obtained from your local immigration dept, but which ever route you follow there, it requires a bucket load of paperwork/support of your employer plus other agencies and maybe quite a few visits, this is why it's a good idea to go to Immigration up to 30 days before your 90 day stamp expires. You almost certainly will not have time to get an extension this time, but it might be an option if you start planning now for an extension in say 90 days time i.e. towards the end of your next entry.
Create an account or sign in to comment