Nurses apologise for photo with slain Thai officer

webfact

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sacking her...

And they would be replaced by whom?

Where will they find someone not brainwashed by some religion or belief?

They are motivated by what they were taught.

Just the tip of the iceberg here...

Better try to sack all religions and systems of beliefs...

what a good idea !!!

Difficult to say if this was inappropriate childishness (commonly encountered here) or members of the Muslim Malay community showing their delight at the death of a police officer of the occupying force (as they see it).

Sack them. Right now. Make an example.

They wouldn't want the dead soldier to be a member of my family

or they would get more than sacked, that's for sure. Disgusting.

Yes, a firing would be a good thing for the nation. it would demonstrate the concept of holding onto one's principals. It is the moral and ethical thing to do. Holding people accountable is one of the most basic principals in a civilized society, right? So fire them, and make sure they cannot work as nurses ever again in Thailand. That might send a message. Force them to move to the Philippines! LOL. I assume this was a smear on the police, and they were sympathizing with the southerners? Not sure, but it appears that way.

• Like 2

It is unbelievable they weren't fired. People talk about a small percentage of moslems are radical but this gives you some insight into how most of them think. I hope i never have to rely on a moslem for medical treatment.

Sadly, that would probably result in a huge protest at the hospital and the accusations of discrimination.

*Deleted post edited out*

Empathise? If she really is gloating, she deserves whatever book they can throw at her. You see, there are certain moral and ethical codes that people in positions are supposed to conduct themselves by.

If she is gloating, she is a disgrace and I would say as dangerous as a suicide bomber. I would refuse treatment by a Muslim nurse down south if she considers me an infidel and she would take pleasure in my demise.

And that is deadly serious. She is a nurse first, before ANY religious denomination. The fact that she apparently gloats over dead people is worrying enough. A Muslim doing so over the body of a dead soldier in this context?????

Disgusting. She shouldn't be allowed anywhere near a patient ever again. Do I empathise? Not one bit, of she wants to be a nurse.

Edited by Scott
  • Like 1

Let's not be naive. Ordinary muslims making the v sign and even dancing when non muslims are killed, are common all over the world. This time it are nurses that with smiling eyes make the v sign with a corpse, a person they should take care of instead of making and posting photos on social media. Absolute wrong.

Sacking them ? How about sending the police to their house and question all of them and their family members. If these nurses feel so strongly to celebrate the death of a patient in their care, i bet their family or friends are involved in this southern terrorism (teachers, monks, and ordinary people are killed so "terrorism" is the correct term.)

Again, absolutely disgusting.

Let's not be naive. Ordinary muslims making the v sign and even dancing when non muslims are killed, are common all over the world. This time it are nurses that with smiling eyes make the v sign with a corpse, a person they should take care of instead of making and posting photos on social media. Absolute wrong.

Sacking them ? How about sending the police to their house and question all of them and their family members. If these nurses feel so strongly to celebrate the death of a patient in their care, i bet their family or friends are involved in this southern terrorism (teachers, monks, and ordinary people are killed so "terrorism" is the correct term.)

Just think about the reaction this would bring else where if there was no religious connotation?

They would start checking if she had been poisoning patients for fun and assuming she could be a murdering nurse.

At the very minimum it ought to command an official police investigation to establish whether or not the poor chap died while in the care of these animals.

Never been mentioned. First thing I would be thinking of if I were his commanding officer.

I feel sure that the posters who consider the nurses actions to be a silly mistake/that's what all young Thai women do/lighten up dudes/etc would still hold that opinion if it were their son/brother on the slab.

Or that it's OK that she portrays such a complete misunderstanding of her role in a professional capacity.

It's not like nursing can't be a life and death issue. Would you lot be happy to be treated by this ditzy, possibly infidel hating nurse?

• Like 1

Bomb disposal soldiers are the bravest men in the world. These little creeps should be thrown out of nursing.

Theyre a bleak looking rabble arent they?

Anything to do with Muslims is bad news.

With you for sentences 1, 2 and 3. Can't agree with 4 and I think you should think twice before stating all Muslims are bad news.

Bad news like the man who leant my wife and I his Mercedes for 3 weeks over the flooding to allow us to get out of Bangkok and to safety. The key to this act is to realise that my wife was 9.5 months pregnant at the time and this totally selfless act (he didn't think, he saw us and shoved the keys into our hands) ensured my wife had a safe delivery. Coincidentally I WILL say cheers with a cup of tea for the man today as it is my little girl's 2nd birthday. I owe him a lot and, due to his Muslim upbringing, he really doesn't expect anything. There is good and bad EVERYWHERE. Please don't make statements like that as you are insulting people's friends, families and loved ones.

• Like 1

Giving the V sign is common for all photos. It's like putting socks on before shoes. It's not a statement, by the nurses, just something that every young Thai does when someone is about to take a photo.

Lighten up, dudes.

OVER A DEAD BODY??? You serious?

It is common? You are comparing apples to oranges.

At the very minimum it ought to command an official police investigation to establish whether or not the poor chap died while in the care of these animals.

Never been mentioned. First thing I would be thinking of if I were his commanding officer.

Err, nothing to fix after a bomb goes off.

Ha! Apologize cos they got caught. This is Thailand in a nutshell.

Apologizing because you get caught seems pretty universal to me. How then does this define Thailand and not every land.

Very few cultures think it is amusing to photograph yourself with a dead body of someone who has died doing a very difficult and dangerous job and laugh about it. Then, when you are caught, to tell a pathetic lie as an excuse. Thailand in a nutshell.

• Like 1

Ha! Apologize cos they got caught. This is Thailand in a nutshell.

Apologizing because you get caught seems pretty universal to me. How then does this define Thailand and not every land.

This is about Thailand and not Fiji, New Zealand, cocos islands or Australia. This happened in Thailand and is reported on a Thai news visa. We can search for similar incidents in Melbourne or Sydney (maybe cant find them) but that would be off topic.

I appreciate the Thai apoligists trying to water down the incident.

• Like 2

A Thai I spoke to today, who is old enough and usually responsible enough to know better, claimed it was nothing much and just a bit of fun.

As I mentioned earlier unless it was a member of their family laying there. See how many chuckles they can get out of scenario

• Like 1

I dont think that they meant to offend anybody. This stupid 'fingers' sign is used by just about all young Thai women when posing for a quick photo at any time. They just cannot help thrusting their two fingers up. Its their way of saying "hey look , its me"

For anyone looking to make a story out of it, i can only say "You obviously do not know young Thai women"

Most Thai women don't pose or make V signs in front of a dead body!

Most Thai women don't work around dead bodies every day !!