Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 and security

JAS21

So I'm thinking of joining the 'Tab Set', however I know little about android even though my wife has a Galaxy Note. So two questions really and I think I want the larger screen. I expect that my wife will download loads of stuff!! so security ... I see bitdefender 123 so that would look after security issues AND the Tab10.1 is a reasonable produce? I will want 3G capability

thanks

Don't bother with bitdefender. The most important thing is to stick with mainstream (ie. widely used) apps from reputable publishers. Avoid installing tons of flaky little apps from unheard of developers, and reject anything that asks for bizzarre permissions (password manager that wants unfettered internet access? Hmm....)

• Like 1

We've, I mean my wife, have a Samsung Note 10.1 and we, I mean my wife loves it. I don't get much of chance to play with it...only ensure it stays updated and working right. It's big time overkill for the wife since she primarily just uses it on YouTube and Instagram inside the house on home Wifi although it has SIM/3G capability but we never signed up for a 3G plan...she just needs good video and audio at home. If I had it to do over I would have just got her a Samsung Tab 10.1. Had the Note 10.1 for around 6-8 months now with zero problems (knock on wood). I really wouldn't worry about Antivirus stuff...just ensure you download Apps from Google Play and reputable sites and you should be fine. But if wanting to run one then Avast Mobile Security & Antivirus is one of the top rated Android Antivirus/Firewall Apps (rated 4.6 out of 5) on Google Play...I use it on my Note 10.1 and S4 since its free and don't give no problems

• Like 1