What's up with Mountain Dew?

shiroboi

I just moved to Thailand this year. Since I was in high school (36 now) I was a big fan of Mt. Dew. Granted, it's the version from the states made with corn syrup, but i was also a fan of the "Throwback" version which contained real sugar.

I was seriously missing one of my favorite drinks. Imagine my delight when they brought Mt. Dew to Thailand a month or so ago. At least several times a week and for one particular week, I'd buy a Dew from 7-11 everyday.

Roughly around the same time, my wife started noticing issues with me. I was spacing out way more than usual, messing up basic tasks, couldn't concentrate. It got so bad, I took my 5 year old daughter to the bathroom, walked out and totally forgot about her. (Found her a few min later). It was like I had a fog in my brain and it wasn't working correctly.

I stopped drinking Mt. Dew and went back to my normal tea and coffee. Back to normal. Had another Mt. Dew the other day. Same brain fog.

What is in this stuff? I never had an issue drinking it before. I realize nobody else has probably had these issues but I'd love to hear opinions or if anyone can read Thai, the ingredients list.

These are the ingredients. Too much sugar or caffeine? Mountain Dew ingrediants

Those are the US ingredients. Products are usually reformulated for the Thai market. There's no FDA over here. It doesn't taste the same so I'm gonna assume that's the case.

Doubt I'll get an answer but I'm bringing it up so maybe someone else can test it too.

• 2 weeks later...