DSI to continue probe on Abhisit and Suthep

webfact

DSI to continue probe on Abhisit and Suthep

BANGKOK, 2 November 2013 (NNT) - Mr. Tharit Pengdit, Director General of the Department of Special Investigation (DSI) says although the amnesty bill has passed the third reading in the House, further investigation into political protests in 2010 still needs to be done .

He said the bill is still under legislative procedures, and has yet to be sent to the Senate and a joint sitting of Parliament before it is officially approved and published in the Royal Gazette.

The DSI Director-General reaffirmed he would keep on investigating the case until the bill becomes a legislation.

Mr. Tharit continues to say that the DSI had already summoned Mr. Abhisit Vejjajiva, former prime minister from the Democrat party and Mr. Suthep Thaugsuban, former deputy prime minister and former head of the Centre for the Resolution of Emergency Situation (CRES) to acknowledge their murder charges brought by prosecutors.

The charge was brought in connection with the Democrat government's crackdowns on red-shirt protesters in 2010, which caused deaths and injuries of many civilians.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2013-11-02 footer_n.gif

Of course he will continue to do as directed by the PTP master. Keep a bit of pressure on the Dems, you never know they may crack and capitulate.

Also, maybe once the Amnesty Bill becomes law, and the boss returns whitewashed of all wrongdoings, proven and charged, perhaps, just perhaps, the murderous criminal Dems can still be prosecuted. Some weasely wording might provide a loophole to allow this, Then Dr. T can show the Reds how he planned to bring these criminals to justice all along but had to clear himself of all these false politically motivated charges and conviction first. Then he's the big red hero again - time for an election and a bigger majority .................

For the Shins to succeed in imposing their political dynasty and control on Thailand they have to break the untouchable existing elite. This could be the start.

• Like 2

Seems as if there are worried people around and the clutching at straws is becoming a last survival tactic.

Wonder if that old Nuremberg defense will be employed by Tharit when his day of judgement comes?

BANGKOK, 2 November 2013 (NNT) - Mr. Tharit Pengdit, Director General of the Department of Special Investigation (DSI) says although the amnesty bill has passed the third reading in the House, further investigation into political protests in 2010 still needs to be done .

Why do you not understand Mr. Tharit is only following instructions. He will soldier on until the supreme leader changes the instructions. It is not his fault, Now lets make it clear he does not take orders from the PM or any PTP MP's, he reports to the puppet master. ph34r.pngph34r.png

And why not, it's not as if they've anything else on their plate, do they ?

The Red Bull heir case is a police responsibility, fugitive ex-monk, what fugitive ex-monk ?

Luxury car scam, berry pickers scam, eh need to get back to you on those.

Hello Nongkhai, if you are interested in the DSI workload?

Go Here: https://www.dsi.go.th/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=6411〈=th

Why do you not understand Mr. Tharit is only following instructions. He will soldier on until the supreme leader changes the instructions. It is not his fault, Now lets make it clear he does not take orders from the PM or any PTP MP's, he reports to the puppet master. ph34r.pngph34r.png

Bitching about Mr. Tharit Pengdit gets us no where. The Amnesty Bill is by no means out of the woods yet. If it (the Amnesty Bill) does prevail they'll all hide behind the furniture until Thaksin makes the first move.

When Thaksin does make his first move all the others will start to figuring out their options. If on the other hand the Amnesty Bill fails Thaksin will have to disappear again to work on a new plan. Meanwhile Abhisit will go through the motions of a trial and get off (even if convicted).

The Amnesty Bill failing is perhaps is best for Thailand as it will grant a long extension to the status-quo whilst those with power, like the PTP government and the Red Shirt shadow government figure how to drag Thailand into the 21st century eventually.

Maybe the dastardly duo will surprise us all with perhaps Thaksin buying another football team and going into retirement and Abhisit going into a monastery for 20 years.

TIT and it has all happened before!

IMO All in all it's kinda fun for us foreigners with our front seat at such a cracking drama.

Edited by indyuk

Sure must be done! This two persons are the greatest threat against Thailands development and future !!!!

Sure must be done! These two persons are the greatest threat against Thaksin and his future !!!!

• Like 1

Bitching about Mr. Tharit Pengdit gets us no where. The Amnesty Bill is by no means out of the woods yet. If it (the Amnesty Bill) does prevail they'll all hide behind the furniture until Thaksin makes the first move.

When Thaksin does make his first move all the others will start to figuring out their options. If on the other hand the Amnesty Bill fails Thaksin will have to disappear again to work on a new plan. Meanwhile Abhisit will go through the motions of a trial and get off (even if convicted).

The Amnesty Bill failing is perhaps is best for Thailand as it will grant a long extension to the status-quo whilst those with power, like the PTP government and the Red Shirt shadow government figure how to drag Thailand into the 21st century eventually.

Maybe the dastardly duo will surprise us all with perhaps Thaksin buying another football team and going into retirement and Abhisit going into a monastery for 20 years.

TIT and it has all happened before!

IMO All in all it's kinda fun for us foreigners with our front seat at such a cracking drama.

Please excuse me, but I thought Thaksin already made even more than just a few moves? And I'm not even talking about the bail jumping one.

Sure, DSI should proceed. Tharit said about a year ago to 'concentrate' on the easy cases. Somehow those only include red-shirts and the single case of a soldier killed by 'friendly fire'. Other non-red-shirt cases are difficult it would seem. Can happen, no discrimination or purposeful selectiveness in that of course.

Again, for some it seems getting Abhisit/Suthep charged and their name/reputation tarnished seems more important that the follow-up of being able to prove 'premeditated murder'. Even if the court would conclude all procedures had been followed correctly and accept the case for prosecution, the moment the defense came with of PTV shoutcasts, video clips and even the odd foreign journalist to tell about 'MiB or armed militants' it will seem like a 'not guilty' verdict will be unavoidable. Pus a follow up in charging UDD leaders and a few more militant red-shirts of course.

In the mean time Thailand is not progressing, thank you Thaksin bah.gif

Edited by rubl

So what?

As long as there is no amnesty everything should go on as normal and justice should follow its course.

No amnesty means that the DSI has the duty to continue to work and hopefully Abhisit and Suthep end up in prison.

I don't see where is the problem.

;)

It would be nice to have an amnesty after these two spent at least a few months behind bars. But I am afraid it will not be the case. :(

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

So what?

As long as there is no amnesty everything should go on as normal and justice should follow its course.

No amnesty means that the DSI has the duty to continue to work and hopefully Abhisit and Suthep end up in prison.

wink.png

It would be nice to have an amnesty after these two spent at least a few months behind bars. But I am afraid it will not be the case. sad.png

I can see why the DSI have to keep working until an amnesty becomes law. Assuming it does of course.

I'm not so sure why you think Abhisit and Suthep would be found guilty unless you know something I don't. Has it all been paid for perhaps? What do you think about the soldiers who fired the shots which from all the cases I've seen so far they seemed to have done in contravention of the ROE? Do you think they should be in prison?

So what?

wink.png

It would be nice to have an amnesty after these two spent at least a few months behind bars. But I am afraid it will not be the case. sad.png

A simple question

Are you really that ignorant of what happened in 2010?10_5_137.gif

So what?

wink.png

I can see why the DSI have to keep working until an amnesty becomes law. Assuming it does of course.

I'm not so sure why you think Abhisit and Suthep would be found guilty unless you know something I don't. Has it all been paid for perhaps? What do you think about the soldiers who fired the shots which from all the cases I've seen so far they seemed to have done in contravention of the ROE? Do you think they should be in prison?

If you accept that the ROE given to the army are disproportionate to the threat posed than suthep and abhisit are guilty and they're not covered by any amnesty provided by the Emergency Decree.

Signing off on the use of snipers and the authorisation of live fire zones (proof available and confirmed as genuine by the Army Spokesman) that abhisit / suthep did so, could / should regarded as be a disproportionate response.

I would imagine amongst all the prosecution papers there is an amount of evidence to make the case.

Obviously the usual suspects will deny that their beloved teflon one could ever be so nasty. They are the same people who are only just now accepting that the army shot anybody in 2010 so the denial will continue for some time even in the face of evidence - which of course will be denied/scoffed at/claim to be fabricated etc.

Edited by fab4
  • Like 1

So what?

wink.png

If you accept that the ROE given to the army are disproportionate to the threat posed than suthep and abhisit are guilty and they're not covered by any amnesty provided by the Emergency Decree.

Signing off on the use of snipers and the authorisation of live fire zones (proof available and confirmed as genuine by the Army Spokesman) that abhisit / suthep did so, could / should regarded as be a disproportionate response.

I would imagine amongst all the prosecution papers there is an amount of evidence to make the case.

Obviously the usual suspects will deny that their beloved teflon one could ever be so nasty. They are the same people who are only just now accepting that the army shot anybody in 2010 so the denial will continue for some time even in the face of evidence - which of course will be denied/scoffed at/claim to be fabricated etc.

I would have thought an armed response would be entirely appropriate to armed aggression.

So what?

wink.png

Equaly obvious is that the same new/old people are still desperately trying to deny that those lovable, innicent, peaceful protesters could have some nasty folks mingling with them. The 'armed militants' NN encountered in the night, the grenade lobbing group, the renegade general "no one saw me" Seh Daeng. Of course the DSI is still busy with the easy cases only, those where the court can say "most likely shot by army personel".

Pity really that a 'blanket amnesty' is being pushed by (Thaksin's) Pheu Thai, as if there is something to hide

• Like 1

So what?

wink.png

I was asking why gerry1011 thought that Abhisit and Suthep would end up in prison He seemed pretty sure they were guilty and I was just asking why. If it weren't for the obsession with helping Thaksin we could have a trial to sort things out, better still if it could be held outside Thailand to lessen the chance of bias.

Robert Amsterdam has suggested that the ROE were not in accordance with the UN guidelines for law enforcement agencies and there would seem to be some truth in that. This also applies to the military if they are performing the function of the law enforcement agencies. Whilst this may have been the case to begin with I'm not so sure if that would be the case at the time of the deaths. From memory the killing of protesters was only allowed in cases of threats to life or property.

The inquests I've seen so far, for example in the cases of the nurse and the journalist seem to point to them not meeting those criteria so the killings weren't authorised by the government under the ROE. I believe Tarit of the DSI said the military wouldn't be held responsible.

Abhisit and Suthep want to go to court. Many red shirts including those who had relatives killed want it to go to court. Other relatives of those killed want it to go to court. The present government promised justice. Why is this amnesty trying to stop this? It obviously isn't to stop conflict. It's not to help average red shirts in or under threat of going to prison as an amnesty for them is mostly agreed by both sides.

The ones applying the Teflon seem to be those who want to give the amnesty to Thaksin.

Abhisit got into trouble regarding his military service. I know it's only small but he didn't get out of that. It's strange that it was said that it was common for those with money to avoid military service that way but I haven't seen any other cases. There was no investigation into those responsible for the first inquiry into the case either. I wonder why?

When she became PM Yingluck said they would look at Thaksin,s conviction to see if there were any legal problems with it. I've heard nothing more about that so I assume they can't find anything substantially wrong with it.

So the conclusion is there can only be a court case against Abhisit and Suthep with the awkward questions over Tarit's involvement if Thaksin isn't included in the amnesty either.

It's down to the government now if they are prepared to risk upsetting Thaksin and the military in favour of justice and no double standards.