Red shirts feel betrayed: Amnesty push turns anger against Thaksin and Pheu Thai

webfact

I am only amused at the frequency at which semi educated foreigners (as indicated by the poor grammar/syntax etc of their posts) feel entitled to criticise poor rural Thais - who have never had the chances afforded to foreigners (even retired sex tourists ).Without that kind of insufferable arrogance I wouldn't bother to point out slovenly expressed posts.And in any case when will you people stop confusing intelligence with education.

Returning to my post you have typically failed (again) to understand the point.It's not a question of "spouting praise" for Thaksin.He followed populist policies later copied and enhanced by the Democrats but his significance was that he was the first PM to take the rural majority seriously.Hence his commanding rank as Thailand's most popular politician - due to gratitude and loyalty.It has nothing to do with his moral character or his motives.

You just can't resist biting and showing your arrogant contempt for anyone challenging your views. I'm sure I equal if not surpass your academic qualifications, but as the forum rules say, I do not make comments about peoples' preferred style of writing, grammar and expression. You think your a genius - carry on if it make you happy.Your continued rudeness and belittling of others simply demonstrates your social inadequacies and inability to respond with intelligence and logic to those with a different view. I agree strongly with the view that educations and intelligence are not the same. You demonstrate neither. Since retiring as a sex tourist is this how you fill your time ?

Returning to your post. Usual response - hot air, conjecture and nothing of substance. Very similar to most PTP ministers news statements.

You miss the point yet again.I never refer condescendingly to members' grammatical errors, typos (I make them myself - as you do) etc unless it is to underline the hypocrisy of some foreigner making snide comments about rural, "uneducated" or disadvantaged Thais.

Since my comments on this subject have been critical of PTP policy, I'm assuming you haven't been paying attention.

I've always found Jayboy's posts to be fair, despite the fact that his opinions on issues sometimes don't jive with my own.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All politicians in Thailand are from a "privileged class" .... people that steal from voters.

Thaksin is no different .... and anyone who doesn't understand that is a fool.

As someone else said he is only concerned with his own self interest first and foremost.

What I can't understand is why apparently western educated farangs (which are by far the minority) are so pro-Thaksin to the death almost and stand against anyone whom speak out against the scoundrel. (by far the vast majority).

Regardless of what level of intellect the majority farangs have, they are by far much more intelligent than the average Thai in the street, and way more well educated than the average Thai Thaksin supporter.

The only conclusion is that they came to Thailand and ended up making it their home after meeting an isaan girl in a bar and marrying her, or equally met a farm girl on an internet dating site. Then in the good old fashion, ended up being brainwashed by said girl and her family in the sticks.

You know.... A bit like, 'I support Man Utd because my dad supports Man Utd, even though neither of us have been to Manchester and we live in Ipswich'.

Another word for it.... 'sheeple'.

That's one conclusion. Easy to understand why so many western educated farangs (your words not mine) support Thaksin.... they can bask in the glory of the "I told you so and now I am one of them" even though they are irrelevant. They feel the need to have a cause. Like the skinheads of the 1970's...no real purpose but were able to walk talk and breathe.

The quote" the majority farangs have, they are by far much more intelligent than the average Thai in the street" I find deeply offensive and racist.

"The only conclusion is that they came to Thailand and ended up making it their home after meeting an Issan girl in a bar and marrying her".

Similarly this is offensive. My (beautiful (in my opinion) (Issan)) wife has a degree in Science and apart from that is well versed in politics nationally and internationally. Please refrain from making these broad brush comments from your barstool in Bangkok/Pattaya.

Thais are not a race, and neither are isaan farm girls.

I love this "excitement" shown by the Thaksin haters about reds shirts being betrayed. It makes several people feel energised and quickly jump to conclusions. rolleyes.gif alt=rolleyes.gif> Don't worry, nothing will happen. The reds are not turning yellows. They will not turn against their elected leaders. Everything is ok, no worries. However, I do sympathize with the reds who have had loved ones shot during the 2010 crackdown. I fully understand their disappointment. Its must be hard to accept that Abhisit and Suthep will walk free, instead of rotting in prison. But reconciliation is the best that can happen to the country. So is the amnesty. Most realise that. An alternative would be to quickly judge and condemn all the trouble makers, including all the yellows who took the country hostage, the ones who seized airports, the responsible of the 90 deaths of 2010, etc..., and throw them in prison. But it would drag for years and years with very little results. So, lets be realistic. The wise thing to do is to reset everything. Most are ready for it. Ready for reconciliation. A minority prefers to keep going on with the ongoing destructive situation and refuse to put the country back on track. Many here love to read about "anger" and feel good when reading the article of a biased newspaper. But anger does not lead anywhere. Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Why don't they have an amnesty that can be agreed on which just covers the minor players? The Dems seem to be OK with that. Abhisit and Suthep say they want to go to court so why all these problems. Two things spring to mind. Thaksin and the chance that the case against Abhisit and Suthep might not result in a guilty verdict. It does seem very weak from what I can see and if it were shown that the military were to blame then the government would be under pressure to do something about it.

If you don't know the answer to your own question, you haven't been paying attention....lol

• Like 1

All politicians in Thailand are from a "privileged class" .... people that steal from voters.

As someone else said he is only concerned with his own self interest first and foremost.

What I can't understand is why apparently western educated farangs (which are by far the minority) are so pro-Thaksin to the death almost and stand against anyone whom speak out against the scoundrel. (by far the vast majority).

Regardless of what level of intellect the majority farangs have, they are by far much more intelligent than the average Thai in the street, and way more well educated than the average Thai Thaksin supporter.

The only conclusion is that they came to Thailand and ended up making it their home after meeting an isaan girl in a bar and marrying her, or equally met a farm girl on an internet dating site. Then in the good old fashion, ended up being brainwashed by said girl and her family in the sticks.

You know.... A bit like, 'I support Man Utd because my dad supports Man Utd, even though neither of us have been to Manchester and we live in Ipswich'.

Wow ! Thanks so much for your input.

On many occasions I too have been wondering about the level of intelligence and intellect of the farangs in Thailand, especially when reading some of the posts on this forum.

But now that I read your highly interesting post, I stand totally reassured that the farangs are indeed an intelligent specie. All my doubts have been brushed aside :)

I must admit that I never noticed that, as you say, "farangs are by far much more intelligent than the average Thai in the street". It's hardly noticeable but, since you seem quite sure about it, you could be right, who knows :)

Thank you so much for this enlightenment. From now on I will never say anything bad about the farang community in Thailand anymore. Even those who support military coups and crackdowns. Promised !!!

I just hope that no yellows or Dems' supporter married an isaan girl (naaaa, could no be any, they are far too intelligent).

I also hope that no Thai drops by this thread and read your post...

Sent from my iPhone...

On many occasions I too have been wondering about the level of intelligence and intellect of the farangs in Thailand, especially when reading some of the posts on this forum.

But now that I read your highly interesting post, I stand totally reassured that the farangs are indeed an intelligent specie. All my doubts have been brushed aside smile.png

I must admit that I never noticed that, as you say, "farangs are by far much more intelligent than the average Thai in the street". It's hardly noticeable but, since you seem quite sure about it, you could be right, who knows smile.png

Thank you so much for this enlightenment. From now on I will never say anything bad about the farang community in Thailand anymore. Even those who support military coups and crackdowns. Promised !!!

I just hope that no yellows or Dems' supporter married an isaan girl (naaaa, could no be any, they are far too intelligent).

Sent from my iPhone...

My wife did.

She is Thai, educated and democrat.

Anyway, would love to stay and debate some more, but have a family hi-so wedding to attend with lots of very rich and influential people including democrat party people from City Hall. I expect we will be getting our food and drink served by the pro-Thaksin underclass..... sigh.

But now that I read your highly interesting post, I stand totally reassured that the farangs are indeed an intelligent specie. All my doubts have been brushed aside Posted Image

I must admit that I never noticed that, as you say, "farangs are by far much more intelligent than the average Thai in the street". It's hardly noticeable but, since you seem quite sure about it, you could be right, who knows Posted Image

Sent from my iPhone...

My wife did.

She is Thai, educated and democrat.

Anyway, would love to stay and debate some more, but have a family hi-so wedding to attend with lots of  very rich and influential people including democrat party people from City Hall. I expect we will be getting our food and drink served by the pro-Thaksin underclass..... sigh.

I am leaving for a wedding too :rolleyes:

If its the same wedding don't worry. You will not notice anything and your wife might even like me. :D

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

"The source also said Thaksin felt the relatives of those killed in 2010 had already received Bt7.5 million each and some red-shirt co-leaders had become MPs or been appointed to other government positions."

In thaksin speak translates as, "you've got yours, now let me get mine".

i hope thats all hes after. I can live with that and dont give a fig since its idiots who voted for him who will suffer most and serves them right. But if as i think hes after total and complete absolute megalomaniac power then I do worry and unless something or someone stops him within 10 years Thailand will be a Zimbabwe.

Good job PTP ! You have managed to turn the 'entire' population against you for the sake of one. Congratulations ! thumbsup.gif

no the idiots will just keep voting for him as long as they get their 500 or 1000 baht or head of village having been paid tells them to.

pathetic you strike me as a total arrogant prig - what on earth has use of english got to do with education or intelligence or logic. Its much more likely that a poor grasp of mathematics infers a inferior ability ot understand and logically think through to the truth which anyone can see is that Taksin is an evil megalomaniac who cares nothing for anyone but his own.l Many are like him but few have ability to totally ruin a country. Some in his ilk are mugabwie, Saddam, Gaddafi and the like and of course people like Stalin and Hitler and before anyone says ridiculous comparing him with those remember Pol Pot next door. I do I was here and few understood his motives.

Such comparisons verge on the ridiculous.

I will take your bet that Thailand is nothing like Zimbabwe in 10 years if Thaksin comes back, it is much more likely to become closer to Singapore.

Yes those comparisons are OTT and so is yours. Hun Sen is about Thaksin's level of competence and pseudo-democratic rule. If he comes back to gain hands-on power again he will always be looking over his shoulder.

He has created a hand-out society which, together with all-pervasive corruption & ultra-nationalism, will take generations to overcome.

When I said all this was happening in a different thread, I was told not to believe it.

But what I find truly appalling id this....

A highly placed source said former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra might decide it is time to break with the so-called progressive red shirts who oppose the lese majeste law as they have become a liability in the reconciliation process with the traditional elite.

The source also said Thaksin felt the relatives of those killed in 2010 had already received Bt7.5 million each and some red-shirt co-leaders had become MPs or been appointed to other government positions.

After all the support they had for him, now he thinks it maybe time to turn his back on them. Now their eyes have been well and truly opened to this monster. But the second paragraph beggars belief. Basically you been paid, and parachuted into cushy positions.... you been paid... we're even.

I don't know how many times one person can shoot themselves in the foot. Does he actually have any feet left?

This weasel seems to be making all the wrong moves... who the hell is advising him? Is he going senile or something?

whoever is advising him, i beg that they stay the course until he shoots himself somewhere more terminal than his foot

If everyone votes out of respect for the majority, it means the first person decides how everyone votes.

Maybe if everyone voted how they wanted, or particularly for an MP, how the people who voted for them wanted, then maybe the majority would actually vote differently.

I would have thought admission of voting the party line ( or following team orders) would in fact make the whole parliamentary process an illegal farce

As for the 'we are educate people' - a totally facile criticism because non-English speakers left out one letter. Not even close to illiteracy.

If you are making a class attack on rural people for their "lack of intelligence and education" and plastering the social media with class and race attacks on the country's majority, if you are going to use the English language it probably makes sense not to make idiotic errors.

This piece of stupidity was picked up by the international press and mocked all over thge world - quite rightly.As you say the error wasn't great but illustrates the hypocrisy and meanness of spirit from those involved.

Conoscenti will have recognised the same mindset in the social media from those who boorishly attack Yingluck's standard of English (not great I agree) - comically from many who can barely string a simple sentence together.

If everyone votes out of respect for the majority, it means the first person decides how everyone votes.

Maybe if everyone voted how they wanted, or particularly for an MP, how the people who voted for them wanted, then maybe the majority would actually vote differently.

I would have thought admission of voting the party line ( or following team orders) would in fact make the whole parliamentary process an illegal farce

Quite a normal tactic. The UK parliament does it all the time. That's what the whip's are for.

To red-shirt brothers and sisters who are upset with me, you can criticise or curse me as much as you like and I accept it and would like to apologise for having a different opinion on the matter. But this is my frank confession."

He knows which side his bread is buttered on and he knows once the amnesty is law the redshirts will no longer have a use.

Correct,the Red Shirts have realised too late,they were used all along,by one man,now they understand it's P*** off time,you are holding me back!

As for the 'we are educate people' - a totally facile criticism because non-English speakers left out one letter. Not even close to illiteracy.

If you are making a class attack on rural people for their "lack of intelligence and education" and plastering the social media with class and race attacks on the country's majority, if you are going to use the English language it probably makes sense not to make idiotic errors.

This piece of stupidity was picked up by the international press and mocked all over thge world - quite rightly.As you say the error wasn't great but illustrates the hypocrisy and meanness of spirit from those involved.

Conoscenti will have recognised the same mindset in the social media from those who boorishly attack Yingluck's standard of English (not great I agree) - comically from many who can barely string a simple sentence together.

Ok you make some valid points. 'Race attacks on the country's majority'. No, they were making class attacks on the Isan majority - not the country's majority. I will admit they were crass though.

As for those who 'can barely string a simple sentence together' - you don't know if they are native English speakers or not. You're contradicting yourself in an earlier post: 'I never refer condescendingly to members' grammatical errors'. (post 77).

It is much easier IMO to ignore such trivia and concentrate on the subject which is the betrayal of the red shirt grass-roots by PTP on Thaksin's orders.

I love this "excitement" shown by the Thaksin haters about reds shirts being betrayed. It makes several people feel energised and quickly jump to conclusions. rolleyes.gif alt=rolleyes.gif> Don't worry, nothing will happen. The reds are not turning yellows. They will not turn against their elected leaders. Everything is ok, no worries. However, I do sympathize with the reds who have had loved ones shot during the 2010 crackdown. I fully understand their disappointment. Its must be hard to accept that Abhisit and Suthep will walk free, instead of rotting in prison. But reconciliation is the best that can happen to the country. So is the amnesty. Most realise that. An alternative would be to quickly judge and condemn all the trouble makers, including all the yellows who took the country hostage, the ones who seized airports, the responsible of the 90 deaths of 2010, etc..., and throw them in prison. But it would drag for years and years with very little results. So, lets be realistic. The wise thing to do is to reset everything. Most are ready for it. Ready for reconciliation. A minority prefers to keep going on with the ongoing destructive situation and refuse to put the country back on track. Many here love to read about "anger" and feel good when reading the article of a biased newspaper. But anger does not lead anywhere. Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Why don't they have an amnesty that can be agreed on which just covers the minor players? The Dems seem to be OK with that. Abhisit and Suthep say they want to go to court so why all these problems. Two things spring to mind. Thaksin and the chance that the case against Abhisit and Suthep might not result in a guilty verdict. It does seem very weak from what I can see and if it were shown that the military were to blame then the government would be under pressure to do something about it.

If you don't know the answer to your own question, you haven't been paying attention....lol

In my defence it was meant as a rhetorical question which is just as well as you're the only person so far who's replied.

It probably went unnoticed amid the usual shouting match. smile.png

To red-shirt brothers and sisters who are upset with me, you can criticise or curse me as much as you like and I accept it and would like to apologise for having a different opinion on the matter. But this is my frank confession."

He knows which side his bread is buttered on and he knows once the amnesty is law the redshirts will no longer have a use.

Actualy what he is is a lying piece of scum. If he had a conscience at all he would have said I was doing what Thaksin pays me to do.

26.gif

• Like 1

If the lying piece of sc m had a conscience he would say I was only doing what Thaksin pay's me to do.26.gif the same as you all did in 2010.31.gif

Edited by hellodolly
  • Like 1

Quite a normal tactic. The UK parliament does it all the time. That's what the whip's are for.

Correct, on issues a majority partner in government feels very clear about, whips urge their party members to vote party line. Of course there will always be a few dissidents. Still the party may not always want to punish them because of their value to the party.

In this case the two UDD leaders and the single red-shirt 'elected' as Pheu Thai party list MPs will not be expelled from the party as that would cause a few problems with the red-shirts who already start to redo their anti-government protest a bit. Of course dr. weng, Nattawut and Ms. Katthiya are safe (or more correct their seat is secured). Dear Korkaew has no problem at all voting for (his) amnesty of course. A conscience may not bother him.

All in all it should be obvious to everyone that Thailand will really move forward with this whitewash bill pushed through democratically within less than 24 hours. Now waiting for Dr. weng to start about 'eradication Democrats' again. Maybe even add all others who don't understand that as this bill is good for Thaksin it should be good enough for all others, even if that means that 'kill me some' Abhisit will be absolved of crimes not committed.

BTW non-political criminal offences are excluded from this bill I assume? We can still charge Thaksin for the pressure on State banks to lent billions to Myanmar to buy stuff from his company? Assuming he returns before the statute of limitation is exceeded, that is rolleyes.gif

• Like 1

"Out of respect for the voice of the majority, I have never opposed the opinion of the majority as a red-shirt co-leader whenever there's a resolution, even if I may personally disagree … To red-shirt brothers and sisters who are upset with me, you can criticise or curse me as much as you like and I accept it and would like to apologise for having a different opinion on the matter. But this is my frank confession."

What a stupid philosophy. That's the way people who don't really care choose how to vote. If you really have an opinion, then have your say and vote the way YOU want. That's what democracy is about.

Maybe next election he will use this logic to vote against himself - "even though I want brown envelope I am voting for best (honest) candidate." coffee1.gif

Well he'll certainly need them at the next election - that last win with 35% voting for PTP will look like a distant dream. There's no way he has this kind of support any more. That's even if he is still around for the next election. There are a lot of angry people, including disgruntled reds and business people. How can he be protected 24/7 for the rest of his life? He better watch his back.

I agree,a lot easier to be got at back home.He's burnt a lot of people along the way,beware the smiling assassin.

I love this "excitement" shown by the Thaksin haters about reds shirts being betrayed. It makes several people feel energised and quickly jump to conclusions. :rolleyes:Don't worry, nothing will happen. The reds are not turning yellows. They will not turn against their elected leaders.Everything is ok, no worries.However, I do sympathize with the reds who have had loved ones shot during the 2010 crackdown. I fully understand their disappointment. Its must be hard to accept that Abhisit and Suthep will walk free, instead of rotting in prison. But reconciliation is the best that can happen to the country. So is the amnesty. Most realise that.An alternative would be to quickly judge and condemn all the trouble makers, including all the yellows who took the country hostage, the ones who seized airports, the responsible of the 90 deaths of 2010, etc..., and throw them in prison. But it would drag for years and years with very little results.So, lets be realistic. The wise thing to do is to reset everything.Most are ready for it. Ready for reconciliation. A minority prefers to keep going on with the ongoing destructive situation and refuse to put the country back on track.Many here love to read about "anger" and feel good when reading the article of a biased newspaper.But anger does not lead anywhere.Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

If you think T. coming back will solve everything,your delusional .This has a loong way to play yet,and wait to he wants to be PM again.

• Like 2

When I said all this was happening in a different thread, I was told not to believe it.

But what I find truly appalling id this....

A highly placed source said former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra might decide it is time to break with the so-called progressive red shirts who oppose the lese majeste law as they have become a liability in the reconciliation process with the traditional elite.

The source also said Thaksin felt the relatives of those killed in 2010 had already received Bt7.5 million each and some red-shirt co-leaders had become MPs or been appointed to other government positions.

After all the support they had for him, now he thinks it maybe time to turn his back on them. Now their eyes have been well and truly opened to this monster. But the second paragraph beggars belief. Basically you been paid, and parachuted into cushy positions.... you been paid... we're even.

I don't know how many times one person can shoot themselves in the foot. Does he actually have any feet left?

This weasel seems to be making all the wrong moves... who the hell is advising him? Is he going senile or something?

whoever is advising him, i beg that they stay the course until he shoots himself somewhere more terminal than his foot

Well.... up till yesterday, I had always been convinced that Thaksin was guiding Yingluck word for word as the puppet master. But now I am thinking that maybe it is the other way round and Yingluck is pulling Thaksin's strings.

Hey..... It would make a lot more sense.

One good thing about this Amnesty bill is that a lot Red Shirts will be leaving all support they had for Thaksin and will be joining the protesters against Amnesty.

Would like to see a poll on the popularity of the PTP after all this betrayal.

Nothing that 500 Baht can;t fix come the election.

• Like 2