Yahoo Mail Problems

johna

I have tried to send email using Yahoo several times this morning, each time I press the send button I do not get the usual "your message has been sent to" box, but end up looking at a blank email box

Does any one know what is happening here,

I have tried to send email using Yahoo several times this morning, each time I press the send button I do not get the usual "your message has been sent to" box, but end up looking at a blank email box

Does any one know what is happening here,

Why do you expect to get something in your mail box, just because you sent some mail?

Unless you are sending to yourself.............. Which would be rather pointless.

Yahoo seems OK to me today.

Hi Astral, If you read my post again you will see that it is SENDING not RECEIVING that is the problem

I,ve had a similar problem for some time now.

I,ve tried re installing it 3 times and still finish up with the same sending failure exactly like you.

One thing i notice from time to time is error in the bottom left side of the web i.d. display bar.

I,ve emailed Yahoo but what they suggested hasn,t made any difference.

To repeat as johna describes, when i send the email instead of getting a confirmation to where it has gone ect. as is normal.

It returns to the compose box, empty, and minus the message i have emailed.

Another thing i,ve noticed is that i cannot use the " move to " facility either.

When i click it there.s a slight flicker of the display and that,s all and the email still sits there.

I,ve checked the sent section but they are not in there, so obviously don,t even start to post.

Incoming mail is no problem apart from wanting to put it into other locations via the " move to " which i,ve already mentioned.

As with johna any advice would be appreciated, please keep it simple for this silver surfer

P.S. I,ve even to copy the emails to save and retry if they don,t go but it won,t allow me to copy

either via the yahoo copy or the normal edit/copy method.

Edited by marshbags

I have the same problem all the time.

TO SOLVE

Hit the back button your message will still be there and press send and itshould work then. Mine usually works on the second try but sometimes I've had to hit the back button a few time and try to send a few times .

Maybe someone should tell YAHOO. LOL

My main mail is GMAIL and I only use YAHOO oncein a while. Maybe you should change to GMAIL its free and over 2.5GB PM me if you want an invite and that goes for anyone else.

There seems to be at least three threads referencing problems with Hotmail, Yahoo Mail and the like. Not sure what's going on other than to say that all are working fine for me (Hotmail, Yahoo Mail, Google Mail), and have been for the last year without any noticeable problems. Perhaps it's a browser/cache/cookies issue?

Google Mail sometimes has issues if I am accessing it from outside the U.S.A., which is where my account was orignally set up. I found this on the Google Mail Help center:

I'm outside of the US. Why can't I access Gmail?

Access to Gmail from countries and territories outside the United States may be limited because of proxy issues. If you're not in the US and can't log in to Gmail, try accessing your account at https://mail.google.com.

I now use Outlook for my Gmail account. http://mail.google.com/support/bin/topic.py?topic=1555

And with Yahoo Mail if you require copies of sent emails you need to enabble that feature. Turn Save Sent Items ON in Mail Options.

No answers, but I have had the exact same problem myself before (some time ago). Seems to have cleared up now. I used to use ctrl^c to copy the text before sending.

You could try changing browsers?

I've found, sometimes when my connection is really slow, it takes forever to load all the graphics and I never know if stuff gets lost or not (BTW, I tested that blank email screen once, sent a message to my husband, got the blank email compose page --he never received the email I sent).

Anyway, if your connection is really slow or you are having difficulty accessing Yahoo mail, try going through their WAP enabled site:

Yahoo WAP mail

Thank you for the advice and i will try the suggested solutions next time i send.

Incidently i have my save send option on all the time so this probably discounts that theory in my case, but still may be applicable to other posters problems.

I have also emailed Yahoo and got what looked like a standard reply with possible solutions that didn,t do anything.

I then sent another as requested but didn,t get any further advice.

I feel sure they must be aware of the problem as we cannot be the only subscribers experiencing this, and are looking for a solution.

Thanks again for the imput.

marshbags :o:D:D

If your "To:" field has some mistakes, Yahoo will return your to "compose" screen, and perhaps it will be empty. Perhaps it's IE problem as well - the back button brings me to the blank "compose" screen with all the text gone. Opera, on the other hand, always keeps the typed text.

Opera is not Yahoo's favourite browser and some features will require IE, or Firefox.

Problems with "To:" are not your fault, it's often Yahoo's - they insert the name along with e-mail address - "To: Someone Important <[email protected]>". That "Someone Important" is set by the sender, and Yahoo might not accept is as a valid address - just delete it and leave only e-mail address itself.

Pop3 mail with google's Gmail has been nothing but a headache for me, btw. Anyone has similar experience?

I have had that problem in the past as well. I wonder if it has something to do with my internet connection. I am using dial up. Anyone else with this problem have dial up?

Yes, I've not been able to send an e-mail from my dial-up for 4 months! I presumed it was csloxinfo. as I seem to be able to send from elsewhere in Thailand, and also from other countries.